Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

13 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

If it is the Weeknd where do you think he will play? Assuming it would be before Radiohead or Foos. Still holding out for the Killers! 

According to Songkick and Roskilde's press release, The Weeknd will play Roskilde (Denmark) in Wednesday, Opene'r (Poland) in Friday and Blockfest (Finland) in Saturday. Playing either Thursday or Sunday in Rock Werchter seems like a massive stretch, so don't count on it.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

According to Songkick and Roskilde's press release, The Weeknd will play Roskilde (Denmark) in Wednesday, Opene'r (Poland) in Friday and Blockfest (Finland) in Saturday. Playing either Thursday or Sunday in Rock Werchter seems like a massive stretch, so don't count on it.

Ah cheers that seems to clear things up! 

Just now, Dietediet said:

Wouldn't rule The Weeknd out yet, but then subbing Foo Fighters is the only option left imo.

Barn head, Klub C head, last act on thursday main?

lots of options :) but do not know if he wants to play barn or klub c head

4 minutes ago, reaper said:

Barn head, Klub C head, last act on thursday main?

lots of options :) but do not know if he wants to play barn or klub c head

Judging by his positions at other festivals, I indeed doubt he'll accept a tent slot. And Denmark - Poland - Finland - Belgium seems more practical than Denmark - Belgium - Poland - Finland.

25 minutes ago, TheHiddenPassenger said:

With Pendulum back doing live shows at festivals this summer I'd be pretty disappointed not to see them on the lineup.. they're playing Nova Rock 2 weeks before and RW has 3 out of 4 of their headliners all in one day, so having them on before Foo Fighters would be something special.

if they would play RW expect them on one of the side stages...

Jimmy Eat World, The Weeknd, The Killers and The Lumineers are all very possible to fairly certain. I wouldn't count on the rest (no room for another headliner, so no PJ and no GD, Alter Bridge and OMAM doing Graspop). 

Edited by visdave34

3 hours ago, visdave34 said:

Jimmy Eat World, The Weeknd, The Killers and The Lumineers are all very possible to fairly certain. I wouldn't count on the rest (no room for another headliner, so no PJ and no GD, Alter Bridge and OMAM doing Graspop). 

I would very much assume The Killers would headline unless I have their Belgium fan base completely wrong. 

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I would very much assume The Killers would headline unless I have their Belgium fan base completely wrong. 

They actually never made it to headliner status in Belgium. At the peak of their popularity (after Human becoming a hit single) they were merely a sub at Rock Werchter 2009. The last time they played Belgium was an arena now easily filled by the likes of The xx, Bon Iver and Years & Years.

As for The Weeknd I honestly have no clue what spot they'd be willing to give him. 

8 hours ago, gregory said:

I would assume the same for The Weeknd also.

I don't consider The Weeknd headliner material for RW. In my opinion there are three possible options to schedule him:

- Thursday after the headliners (as closing 'dance' act)

- Sunday as sub for FF, alt-J in that case being Barn headliner

- Sunday as Barn headliner, alt-J in that case being sub for Foos

If they book him, my money would be on option #2. Would suck for me though, as I would like to see both alt-J and Foos. 

Edit: he plays Roskilde on Wednesday, Open'er on Friday and Helsinki on Saturday. So RW on Thursday would mean 4 days of shows in a row. Sunday at RW would mean 3 in a row. Makes it a bit less likely for him to be there...

Edited by visdave34

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

They actually never made it to headliner status in Belgium. At the peak of their popularity (after Human becoming a hit single) they were merely a sub at Rock Werchter 2009. The last time they played Belgium was an arena now easily filled by the likes of The xx, Bon Iver and Years & Years.

As for The Weeknd I honestly have no clue what spot they'd be willing to give him. 

I see, that's a no then.

6 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

So the headlines are 

Foo fighters 

Arcade fire 

Linkin Park 

System of a down? 

I don't think soad will headline 

I'm still expecting one big name. 

You're forgetting a little band called Radiohead... ;-)

Arcade Fire are co-headlining Thursday with Kings of Leon. 

Radiohead headlines Friday. 

Linkin Park co-headline Saturday with SOAD. 

Foo Fighters close the festival on Sunday. 

10 hours ago, Apocalyptica said:

Oh my God. Fuck how can I forget Radiohead. Guys do you think bon iver and Robert plant and Paul Simon. Can any of these come? 

Well, I know Bon Iver have just cancelled a load of dates, not sure why "personal reasons" if I remember. So maybe they are unlikely.

I wonder if St Paul & the Broken Bones might play. In New York in Mid June, but then playing London on July 5. 

Edited by BlockRockinBeats