Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the key of announcements is freshness. Arcade Fire - 7 year hiatus, Blink 182 - 5 years, Linkin Park - 6 years, Radiohead - 9 years, FF - 12 years !!

So it's way better than usual repeats...:)

Edited by heti

3 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

just thinking that's a strong day for fans

Yeah, well I was actually planning on Download Paris next year. But without being bothered for Green Day too much, I can get everything they have in a day + Foo Fighters.

4th trip to Werchter it is!

1 hour ago, jonnyf said:

I'm unable to buy tickets until the 2nd of December, is there any chance of this selling out before then?

I wouldn't worry if I were you. Soonest I've ever seen weekend tickets sell out was probably around March. And I've been going since 2007. 

Edited by visdave34

3 hours ago, Gray Owl said:

8 am revelation: just played a blink-182 song and found myself singing along. No guarantee, but I might actually get to enjoy this.. :D

I'm not a fan of blink, always found them difficult to take seriously.  That said, sun shining and a few beers in, I'll have A singalong and will probably quite enjoy them live. 

12 hours ago, Red Day said:

Quality of line up is unreal at present. They have 3 of the various download headliners in one day  

That's hard to use to go by though due to who is popular in which country. I agree while the 3 of the one day is strong, only one of them I'd really be up for seeing. It's a bit like Nova Rock in that 10 years ago it'd be a dream now not really.

SOAD being at Download is the most annoying thing.

Edited by thewayiam

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That's hard to use to go by though due to who is popular in which country. I agree while the 3 of the one day is strong, only one of them I'd really be up for seeing. It's a bit like Nova Rock in that 10 years ago it'd be a dream now not really.

SOAD being at Download is the most annoying thing.

I get your point but what I was getting at is that one festival has managed to secure three headliners from another festival franchise for a single day.  I'd imagine the three bands have similar popularity in most European countries.  SOAD/LP as co headliners and Blink further down the line up would be about correct in popularity terms.  Blink's UK tour has tickets available for almost every show.  

49 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I get your point but what I was getting at is that one festival has managed to secure three headliners from another festival franchise for a single day.  I'd imagine the three bands have similar popularity in most European countries.  SOAD/LP as co headliners and Blink further down the line up would be about correct in popularity terms.  Blink's UK tour has tickets available for almost every show.  

Going by seetickets, it's only Birmingham that has standing and tbh many acts don't sell that out instantly.

They obviously don't though as Blink under those two and they were 3rd down last time. It was also said by someone on here that no way were SOAD headlining at Werchter before it got announced and tbf there is nothing that I have seen to say they aren't subbing, efestivals certainly didn't report it as headlining.

Many years are similar, take the years when they've have Editors because of their status there and huge bands under and Kasabian being included, headlining here but 3rd down there etc.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

It was also said by someone on here that no way were SOAD headlining at Werchter before it got announced and tbf there is nothing that I have seen to say they aren't subbing, efestivals certainly didn't report it as headlining.

You would have thought that would be obvious to everyone, especially being announced in the first batch of names. Did efests announce radiohead as headliners? Or are they subbing? ;)

6 minutes ago, thetime said:

You would have thought that would be obvious to everyone, especially being announced in the first batch of names. Did efests announce radiohead as headliners? Or are they subbing? ;)

Nope to be honest it didn't, the only one I know that it does is FF so fair play on that.

Might well have been you to mention it actually. I don't believe it was diet diet.

5 hours ago, Red Day said:

I'm not a fan of blink, always found them difficult to take seriously.  That said, sun shining and a few beers in, I'll have A singalong and will probably quite enjoy them live. 

Bring on the sun and the rest we'll manage. I'd hate to be in the rain, it almost got me a pneumonia after a Metallica concert spent in the pouring rain. 

Some news about Guns'N'Roses : 

That would mean no Rock Werchter, and no Graspop for the Guns. Aerosmith for Graspop ? So who for TW Classic ? The Rolling Stones ? Which festival for Green Day ? And then a big surprise for Rock Werchter with U2 ? It's not usual to have all the headliners in November... Do you think that RW could welcome another headliner on Thursday, and that it could be U2 ?

23 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Some news about Guns'N'Roses : 

That would mean no Rock Werchter, and no Graspop for the Guns. Aerosmith for Graspop ? So who for TW Classic ? The Rolling Stones ? Which festival for Green Day ? And then a big surprise for Rock Werchter with U2 ? It's not usual to have all the headliners in November... Do you think that RW could welcome another headliner on Thursday, and that it could be U2 ?

Mariskal Rock is not a reliable source. They say in the articule that they took the info from Wikipedia...

Edited by johnybegood