Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

SOAD tour is run by Live Nation. Werchter should be their belgian date.

GMM is also run by Live Nation ;) But SOAD is ruled out for Graspop because otherwise they'd have to play 6 shows in 7 days and travel a whole lot of miles in 1 weekend.

The fake GMM poster is probably right about those 2 headliners though. 

18 hours ago, Gossard said:

We probably won't get any bands this week, we'll probably have to wait at least 11 days more.

"Please note: deadline to participate is 28 October 2016 - 3pm CET."
https://rockwerchter.typeform.com/to/Hl8j70

Coincidentally Radiohead are teasing a 28 October announcement....

In other news: the Pinkpop organiser just confirmed in a radio interview that Pearl Jam are not doing European festivals next Summer. So whether or not that story about the threat level is true, they're out of the rumour mill now.

26 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Coincidentally Radiohead are teasing a 28 October announcement....

In other news: the Pinkpop organiser just confirmed in a radio interview that Pearl Jam are not doing European festivals next Summer. So whether or not that story about the threat level is true, they're out of the rumour mill now.

I know this is the wrong thread but any other rumours regarding pinkpop as they usually have a fair amount of crossover with RW.

Festileaks.com just posted an article with a conversation with the Pinkpop director and there is no mention of Pearl Jam not playing, just Foo Fighters -not in Europe- and Coldplay -not doing festivals-. Any link to that radio interview or any other proof? Not that I don't believe it but it's always good to have a couple of sources.

http://festileaks.com/2016/10/streep-pearl-jam-radiohead-en-foo-fighters-op-pinkpop-2017/

"There is no mention of Pearl Jam not playing", you're probably not Dutch but in the article it says 'all of the three (PJ, Radiohead and FF) are not coming'. They also indeed mention Coldplay not wanting to play festivals. SOAD is on the wishlist, but not yet confirmed, same with Green Day. First news of Pinkpop will probably follow in two weeks.

Anyways, I still think Radiohead will play RW. Starting to doubt PJ. Foo Fighters obviously not.

My apologies, I got the news from a forum post and not that article. He did indeed only say that PJ would definitely not play Pinkpop.

But: this is the same guy who said 3 months ago in a tv interview that PJ had regrets about cancelling their European tour and that they already had an verbal agreement to catch up on those dates in 2017. Basically PJ was a strong rumour for RW because of Smeets' claims, which now turn out to be false. That and the stories about avoiding open air events in countries with a terrorism threat lead me to believe that they're just skipping festivals all together.

Another interesting thing in this interview: he says the first Pinkpop headliner will come at the end of October. Since he's explicitely ruling out that any of PJ/Radiohead/FF/Coldplay/SOAD/Green Day is in the first announcement, it means that another major act is bringing its first dates in the next 2 weeks.

17 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Open'er announcing a name at 6pm tomorrow. Radiohead really teasing a Glasto announcement.

Can't be too long until a Werchter announcement then, whether it's Radiohead or someone else.

Do you reckon it could be Radiohead? Looks like Glasto might announce them tonight as well, what with their logo showing up on site. Reckon we could get a bulk Radiohead festival announcement tonight (Werchter maybe included?)

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Had a look at open'er line up this year and a fair crossover with RW. 2 out of 4 headliners shared. 

They usually share a lot of acts as they're in the same weekend and open'er starts at Wednesday. We dont know the dates of RW yet but its good to know Radiohead are playing on the weekend after Glastonbury too. 

The Open'er organiser confirms that the upcoming Radiohead tour dates have been booked at the end of 2015. If Radiohead are playing Werchter in 2017 (duh) it would explain why they couldn't be dragged in to replace Pearl Jam or beef up the Sunday this year (2016).

Edited by Dietediet

1 minute ago, Dietediet said:

The Open'er organiser confirms that the upcoming Radiohead tour dates have been booked at the end of 2015. If Radiohead are playing Werchter (duh) it would explain why they couldn't be dragged in to replace Pearl Jam or beef up the Sunday this year.

Are we ruling Pearl Jam out for RW17?

Nobody seems to be talking about Kings of Leon who used to be a RW favourite. If they are turing I'd think they'd be likely to play RW17. Dietediet said earlier that SOAD wasin't that big in Belgium, could be get a co-headlining night with KoL and SOAD like we did with KoL and Blur in 2012? 

3 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Nobody seems to be talking about Kings of Leon who used to be a RW favourite. If they are turing I'd think they'd be likely to play RW17. Dietediet said earlier that SOAD wasin't that big in Belgium, could be get a co-headlining night with KoL and SOAD like we did with KoL and Blur in 2012? 

My guess at the minute is Radiohead, Kings Of Leon, Arcade Fire and Green Day (with System Of A Down sub). But I know nothing ;)

7 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Yeah sorry, I meant last year, when Pearl Jam pulled out before being announced and Paul McCartney eventually replaced them. A lot of people where surprised that they didn't just book Radiohead, as they were around that weekend.

I'm afraid that we indeed can't escape Kings Of Leon. I'd personally put my money on the acts that McCallion just mentioned + 1 (co)headliner extra, since I can't see any of KoL/Arcade Fire/SOAD headline a day on their own.

Something like Radiohead - Green Day - SOAD/Arcade Fire - The National/KoL?