Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Puckelpop won't afford DP

They played pkp 2006 and if pkp gets the chance to book them, I'm sure they will! They will sell out that day and probably a lot of combi's as well (people who missed day tickets and want to see this exclusive thing).

But as already said, let's wait to assume they tour and play Glasto. RW also has a chance then but we will see, they have a lot of options.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ThijsDB said:

They played pkp 2006 and if pkp gets the chance to book them, I'm sure they will! They will sell out that day and probably a lot of combi's as well (people who missed day tickets and want to see this exclusive thing).

But as already said, let's wait to assume they tour and play Glasto. RW also has a chance then but we will see, they have a lot of options.

A lot has changed in 11 years, they are very rare and Puckelpop isn't as strong as it was. 

4 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Me too,  I cant understand why a festival would book them as headliners unless its the kind of festival that would book the likes of Major Lazer as headliner. 

Not as headliners but as a dance act after the headliner or as a co-headlining act to end a night. From what I've heard they're massive in Belgium......

4 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

System Of A Down just self-confirmed in Facebook for Download Festival Madrid 2017 on friday 23rd June. So, they are candidates for Werchter or Graspop

Great news, but do you have a link? I can't find this on their facebook page.....

5 minutes ago, Gossard said:

They are also self-confirmed for Main Square Festival witch often has most of the bands that RW has. This is very interesting.....

I think they'll just do Graspop though. There already aren't a lot of headliner candidates this year so they'd be crazy to let SOAD slip.

Just now, Dietediet said:

I think they'll just do Graspop though. There already aren't a lot of headliner candidates this year so they'd be crazy to let SOAD slip.

I think you're right, but I hope not. 

Also, they are booked on July 2nd at MSF, can we assume that is the weekend for RW then?

1 minute ago, e2p2 said:

At least Main Square Festival have a date:P. If they'll play at RW, are they headliners? 

I'd think strong sub or smaller coheadliner, which would be another reason to play Graspop since they would be a popular headliner there.

As for the dates: when RW moved in 2015, Main Square stayed. So it's not really an indicator, although the most recent rumours also speak about the first weekend of July.

On 10/9/2016 at 4:58 PM, Dietediet said:

Depeche Mode are announcing a mid-May Belgian arena show on Wednesday, so they can be written off as well.

Something like Radiohead - Green Day - Pearl Jam - KoL coheadlining with Arcade Fire or The National sounds like the safest guess at this point.

Completely written off or just won't be announced until that show sells out?

On 10/9/2016 at 8:31 PM, e2p2 said:

Although it seems realistic and possible (and excellent for me with RH, PJ and AF or TN), we cant ignore that there is a pattern (or at least kind of) in recent years of going with the likes of Goulding / Mackelmore / Pharrel  with big slots which is a shame. Giving 90 minutes to EG and Mackelmore last year (although Macklemore played 75 minutes eventually) says a lot of the direction this festival is going to. 

I don't mind them giving big slots to pop acts on the main stage as long as they provide a decent live show / a decent alternative in the Barn or KlubC. Even though I'm not a big Macklemore fan I thought he worked well live, wheras Ellie Goulding brought nothing exciting at all. I can also deal with a pop heavy mainstage for a day, but when they're filtered in throughout the weekend it becomes a little less fun

1 hour ago, McCallion said:

I don't mind them giving big slots to pop acts on the main stage as long as they provide a decent live show / a decent alternative in the Barn or KlubC. Even though I'm not a big Macklemore fan I thought he worked well live, wheras Ellie Goulding brought nothing exciting at all. I can also deal with a pop heavy mainstage for a day, but when they're filtered in throughout the weekend it becomes a little less fun

I just stated that its a recent trend the festival lean to. Its not about Pop and if I like it or not - usually at RW acts with a small back catalog didnt get those big slots. 

23 hours ago, e2p2 said:

I just stated that its a recent trend the festival lean to. Its not about Pop and if I like it or not - usually at RW acts with a small back catalog didnt get those big slots. 

Yeah, I agree. My comment was more of a general one, hope it didn't come off as a personal gripe at your post :)