Bjork

7 hours ago, devilman said:

It's oh so quiet around here these days. Has everyone been banned or has the advertising pissed everyone off too much?

Don't think anyone's been banned but for the past year or two the majority of people posting in here haven't even been attending R&L. I've got so little interest in the going to the festival/the lineups they book now that I barely bother to even read this section anymore.

Assume it's the same with the majority of the old regulars in here. A lot just post in the Glasto section now.

It's getting similar to V/TITP where the kind of lineups they put on don't really appeal to the kind of person who speculates about festivals on forums. Even back when this section had lots of activity it was the more leftfield kind of acts like NIN/ATDI/The Cure who actually got conversation going in here. There isn't really much of that at R&L now.

If they had actually booked Radiohead for this year like Neil believes they had in the bag I'm sure it would have been a different story :P

Personally I don't have much interest in speculating over a festival next year for which I expect the bill to be topped by the likes of Royal Blood, Major Lazer and You Me at Six.

38 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Don't think anyone's been banned but for the past year or two the majority of people posting in here haven't even been attending R&L. I've got so little interest in the going to the festival/the lineups they book now that I barely bother to even read this section anymore.

Assume it's the same with the majority of the old regulars in here. A lot just post in the Glasto section now.

It's getting similar to V/TITP where the kind of lineups they put on don't really appeal to the kind of person who speculates about festivals on forums. Even back when this section had lots of activity it was the more leftfield kind of acts like NIN/ATDI/The Cure who actually got conversation going in here. There isn't really much of that at R&L now.

If they had actually booked Radiohead for this year like Neil believes they had in the bag I'm sure it would have been a different story :P

Personally I don't have much interest in speculating over a festival next year for which I expect the bill to be topped by the likes of Royal Blood, Major Lazer and You Me at Six.

I pretty much agree with all of this - although I would add that with the fest just over a month away it's inevitable that the discussion dries up, there really is very little left to discuss until the actual festival takes place. As soon as the first rumours surface I anticipate the forum will liven up again.

4 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I pretty much agree with all of this - although I would add that with the fest just over a month away it's inevitable that the discussion dries up, there really is very little left to discuss until the actual festival takes place. As soon as the first rumours surface I anticipate the forum will liven up again.

Yeah and I think that's exaggerated by the fact half the people who discuss it aren't actually attending. Unless you're going to the festival there's absolutely nothing to discuss at this stage.

On 4 July 2016 at 3:59 PM, AndrewSmith said:

I think you'd find it more annoying if efestivals didn't exist. The advertising funds this free to view/use website!

There's adverts and then there is pop up in your face every 5 minutes adverts that take up most of the screen. The signal to noise ratio has worsened recently. My feeling is that if you have to keep clicking something to get to the content then I'd rather that be a nag telling me that I have an ad blocker installed than actual ads. Ken?

It's always been busier in here, the time of year was irrelevant, if there was nothing R/L related to speculate about then they just talked bollox. I miss the bollox even though I found it annoying sometimes to wade through pages of it to find anything useful :)