Bearded Theory Festival 2017

Paul ™

2 hours ago, Perks said:

Ah again, I messed up and missed them. Even more annoyed now you said they were good. Agree on slaves, thought they were class. Missed transglobal for the Rev, more coz me pals I was with at the time were doing Rev, glad I did it was ace. I saw smiley and the underclass, me pals recommendation and thought they were wicked, just last night noticed them on the Glasto line up. Bonus. Had such a brilliant weekend again. Love that place

Slaves on at midday at Glasto - which will be odd - but I think I'll catch them again. The Revered v Transglobal was a tricky choice - saw the Rev last year so opted for a change, and worked out, so is all good. Did you see Papa Gringo (think that's the right name)? It was one of my must sees but a combination of sun and drink - too much of both - led to me missing that particular appointment, due to being lying unconscious in my tent at the time. It was the one thing of the weekend I really regretted missing, as I had no need to, so am intrigued as to what they were like.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Slaves on at midday at Glasto - which will be odd - but I think I'll catch them again. The Revered v Transglobal was a tricky choice - saw the Rev last year so opted for a change, and worked out, so is all good. Did you see Papa Gringo (think that's the right name)? It was one of my must sees but a combination of sun and drink - too much of both - led to me missing that particular appointment, due to being lying unconscious in my tent at the time. It was the one thing of the weekend I really regretted missing, as I had no need to, so am intrigued as to what they were like.

I saw Papa Shango, in Maui Waui they were flipping mental. Was ace. Really enjoyed Maui Waui this year. Yeah slaves so early at Glasto is an odd one. I think my head that morning will tell me if I go! 

Had a fab weekend and first ever festival experience in my new motorhome. What a difference not camping !  

This was only my second BT. The line up wasn't quite as strong (to my taste obviously) as last year but still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Highlight was being barrier central for the mighty Fall. Other favs Reverend & The Makers, Slaves and Sugarhill gang. Also really really enjoyed Eastfield who replaced Anti Pasti who I had been looking forward to. 3 chord punk great stuff!

Barring disasters hope to be there again for a hat trick next May.

Next stop Glastonbury followed by Beautiful Days!

On 2017-6-1 at 8:47 AM, Perks said:

I saw Papa Shango, in Maui Waui they were flipping mental. Was ace. Really enjoyed Maui Waui this year. Yeah slaves so early at Glasto is an odd one. I think my head that morning will tell me if I go! 

I saw Papa Shango too, well I had to after all that merciless spamming their lead singer had been doing on social media.

Their description of circus rock is about right. Had a good time. Very lively for 1am in the morning.