Bearded Theory Festival 2017

Paul ™

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Had a little walk round the site yesterday, glorious weather and site looking very lush and green.

Back down later today for 2 weeks, hope this weather keeps up :)

sgqqkj.jpg

ah yeah man, looking lovely

@Gnomicide - long range weather looking ok then? wont be long till we're watching Countryfile - tis the season!!!

3 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Had a little walk round the site yesterday, glorious weather and site looking very lush and green.

Back down later today for 2 weeks, hope this weather keeps up :)

sgqqkj.jpg

My bad knee is very happy now it has remembered how flat and compact the site is

What time is everyone planning on arriving. We're hoping to be there for Thurs opening. Just being nosey wondering what everyone else was plotting...

as I can't think of anything else but BT at the moment.

1 hour ago, Osama Jim Laden said:

So pumped for this.. Been going since 2012 and although to have a soft spot for Kedleston, it's just getting better every year..

See you all in a week or so, probably in a right state if that Jaipur 10 is on....

I've asked already and apparently the bars aren't serving Jaipur X this year.

Halycon should do the job nicely though. 

3 hours ago, generationgav said:

You're joking? I was going to have one this year! (I'm sure I said that last year) hope the normal Jaipur is on though.

This was straight from the organisers mouth unfortunately. We'll have to wait and see but I was also gutted. It is bloody lethal, but tastes so good. 

6 hours ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

Paul tm    is on site and although it`s been r**ning the ground is solid :) 

That is good to hear. Cheers

Ive just bought some rhubarb and custard sweets and some vodka. Gonna infuse it the weekend. It'll prob be gone this time next week!!!

On 17/05/2017 at 4:55 PM, Osama Jim Laden said:

Any idea if they're selling the Thornbridge beer 'Charlie Brown'?

smashing drink that was

I have no idea mate. Although what I do know is the Halycon is plenty strong enough. I tried it in my local bar the other night and couldn't feel my legs after a couple of pints. 

22 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

forecast is looking good.

Two years ago, and two days before the festival, I was congratulating myself on not buying a ticket, given that the forecast had been, and still was, rain for every day. On the Wednesday, around midday the forecast changed, the sun came out, I bought a ticket on a whim that evening, and the next day drove all the way from East Anglia on my tod, having packed very poorly. The festival, as you will know, was dry pretty much all weekend, and despite very quickly realising I had forgotten many things, included a sleeping bag, I became a zealous enthusiast for a festival I'd been meaning to check out for years. I was then rewarded the following year, having cajoled a pal into coming with me, with glorious sunshine.

I realised then what I say to you now

We have nothing to fear but fear itself.