Bearded Theory Festival 2017

Paul ™

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, tjamest said:

Mine just arrived in the normal post - no signature needed

Cool, cheers, if I miss a signed for, I normally re-arrange delivery to me folks, but they're away. so was kinda hoping it wasn't a sign for one.

As far as i remember there is only one parking area and from there only a short flat walk to the campsites. Last year we arrived at about 3.00pm on Thursday and it took about an hour to get in. We camped in the first place we found which turned out to be quiet/family which was fine for us, but it was only a few minutes walk to the rest of the campsites.

Our first year last year and can heartily recommend, especially for those of a certain age - very friendly, can get everywhere in minutes and you can take your own booze anywhere  

Edited by tjamest

Thanks for the advice - I think we definitely qualify as 'Those of a certain age' :) Both in our fifties and suffering our first Glastonbury withdrawal in four years so decided on this as an alternative 

1 hour ago, tjamest said:

Our first year last year and can heartily recommend, especially for those of a certain age - very friendly, can get everywhere in minutes and you can take your own booze anywhere  

20 hours ago, carreg_cennen said:

Thanks for the advice - I think we definitely qualify as 'Those of a certain age' :) Both in our fifties and suffering our first Glastonbury withdrawal in four years so decided on this as an alternative 

As an attendee of both in his mid fifties, I can assure you that it will find favour. Imagine Avalon, The Glade and the Acoustic - with occasional shades of West Holts - all neatly packaged in together, with camping so close you can nip back between acts, and your car not much further. Super friendly folk and a nice wide age range. Proper beer at pub prices, or your own drink - which you can take into the arena - and a mix of acts, some of which will have you waxing nostalgically about your lost youth.

Logistics of parking and camping aren't really an issue as its all so compact. Camping can be a bit noisy - only old school drums though - but the quiet/family camping area is well respected if you need your kip. That said, I stayed there first time round and got woken up at obscene o'clock by kids playing so if you like a lie in you're probably better of finding a distinct corner in ordinary camping.

The only issue I now have is it's given me an existential crisis about why I continue to go to Glastonbury, but that's hardly BT's fault.

22 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Tickets arrived yesterday. Woohoo. See you all in 2 weeks! 

Mine too :-) ace

Cant believe it's only 2 weeks away. Ordered sleeping bag today, 20%off mountain warehouse today. Code is Lake if anyone is interested

Edited by Perks
Can't spell

12 hours ago, Perks said:

Mine too :-) ace

Cant believe it's only 2 weeks away. Ordered sleeping bag today, 20%off mountain warehouse today. Code is Lake if anyone is interested

Thanks I may try and get a slightly warmer one after last year's temperatures. I ended up buying a £10.00 duvet on site after the first night.

43 minutes ago, tjamest said:

Thanks I may try and get a slightly warmer one after last year's temperatures. I ended up buying a £10.00 duvet on site after the first night.

Yeah that's what I ordered a new warmer one. That was some cold last year. But as Gnom said it's a cheap price to pay for the sunny days!!

We bought "decent" sleeping bags after a festival a few years ago, and honestly never looked back since. Wasn't even cold at BT last year once in the sleeping bags!

Seriously, do it, worth every penny!

Edited by generationgav

5 hours ago, generationgav said:

We bought "decent" sleeping bags after a festival a few years ago, and honestly never looked back since. Wasn't even cold at BT last year once in the sleeping bags!

To be fair i have had the sleeping bag for several years and the only time i have been cold was last years BT, but you've convinced me that the time has come for a 'better' 3 season one.

Saw 3DM last night. If I wasn't ridiculously excited about BT (which I was) I most certainly am now. Was a great vibe and dance. They are buzzing for BT, gave it a shout out, got a great response felt like half the room going. Done a Glastonbury shout out, only me responsed. Made me chuckle.

Less than 2 weeks. Getting me tent sorted the weekend, booze infusions on the go. Good times

On 11/05/2017 at 11:15 AM, generationgav said:

I brought a top of the range, mountain equipment sleeping bag for like 70 quid. Hopefully it'll do the job. Last year I was shivering for ages before I went to sleep!

Looking forward to the first festival of the season. Attended BT for the first time last year and loved it. Will be first time festivaling by motorhome so looking forward to the extra comfort of a bed!

Got BT, Glastonbury and Beautiful Days booked for 2017. Love them all but BT an BD's is certainly easier!