Bearded Theory Festival 2017

Paul ™

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

I have had to do wee bit of research for this initial announcement and really liking some of the bands I'm hearing. Hoping something good comes up on Magical Sounds and Convoy Cabaret for Friday night, which I know it will. Although I am liking the sound of Skunk Anansie!

Dude, you never heard of Skunk Anansie? Enjoy, got many good memories of them back in the late 90's. Chuffed with the line up so far, some right nuggets. @Kay95 yep the Rev in the woodlands on the Sun night will be a beautiful way to end the festival.

Great stuff already, I bloody love this festival! 

19 minutes ago, Perks said:

Dude, you never heard of Skunk Anansie? Enjoy, got many good memories of them back in the late 90's. Chuffed with the line up so far, some right nuggets.

Nah mate I've heard of them, but never bothered checking out their music. Like what I'm hearing so far for sure, but I'm hoping there's gonna be something good on Convoy Cabaret or Magical Sounds (which there will be). Will deffo check out a couple of songs for sure. Really liking the sound of The Alarm and New Model Army, they'll both be really good, Roving Crows will also be excellent. I'm far from disappointed that I got a ticket so early, in fact, I'm pretty chuffed with myself! :D

Edited by BlackHole2006

5 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Nah mate I've heard of them, but never bothered checking out there music. Like what I'm hearing so far for sure, but I'm hoping there's gonna be something good on Convoy Cabaret or Magical Sounds (which there will be). Will deffo check out a couple of songs for sure. Really liking the sound of The Alarm and New Model Army, they'll both be really good, Roving Crows will also be excellent. I'm far from disappointed that I got a ticket so early, in fact, I'm pretty chuffed with myself! :D

Ace, there's a load of beauts in that line up, really great announcement. Gonna be badass!!

Is it May yet?!?

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Impressive.

But by far the best on there are African Head Charge.

Is there anywhere you'd recommend starting with these guys?

i remember enjoying them at the big chill years ago but I must admit I didn't enjoy the random Spotify output yesterday... are they one of those 'better live' bands? 

Just now, man next door said:

Is there anywhere you'd recommend starting with these guys?

i remember enjoying them at the big chill years ago but I must admit I didn't enjoy the random Spotify output yesterday... are they one of those 'better live' bands? 

i'm not sure if I've seen them live. I have a vague idea that I have, but have no image of it in my mind.

And i can't really point you in the direction of any named stuff either unfortunately. Most of my knowledge of them is from a few unnamed tapes from decades back, from when I looked after my bruv's music collection when he was abroad for a while.

The only thing I have in my collection is 'Great Vintage Volume 2' but it's been years since i've given it a spin, and I'd really be guessing if I tried rating it now ... so will give it a listen today and let you know what I think later.

4 minutes ago, man next door said:

A lot to  choose from , I find the most recent live album is always a good place to start.... Japan 2005 it is then...

That's probably not a bad bet.

just listened thru 'Great Vintage Volume 2' and it's quite pleasant but not necessarily 'accessible'. It's probably more 2am smoking music than something which will go down particularly well on a festival stage.

I now have much more to refresh my memory with, so will crack on with that.