Frank Ocean

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I know attention spans are shrinking and albums are probably on their way out but surely it's still suggestible to start an album from track #1? :P

Yes ha ha very funny

He obvs want it to be listened to in its entirety though you're right, at least going by how you can't purchase individual tracks on iTunes

I was one of those left somewhat disappointed by Blonde. As individual tracks, I don't dislike any. But I feel like the album feels incredibly disjointed & not like 1 piece of work. 
My first thought when listening to it was that it sounded rushed (which we can assume it wasn't considering how long we waited for it). I much prefer Channel Orange as a whole & always go back to that rather than Blonde. Maybe my expectations were too high, but lots have my friends have said similar things.

41 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

I loved Blonde, surprised no one has mentioned 'Nights', absolutely love that song.

imagine it at night , other stage. its dark, a flair is lit...

" New beginnings ooooh
New beginnings wake up  The sun's going down ...."

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

The likes of Fertiliser, Sweet Life, Pyramids, Lost and Monks were all far more upbeat/had bigger choruses/were more 'bangers' than anything on Blonde, which is what left a lot of people disappointed/underwhelmed I guess. Don't think anybody expected it to be quite as low key as it turned out to be

To me none of those say 'banger', no Frank Ocean song does!

I think a lot of people wanted Channel Orange part 2, don't think that was ever on the cards. I was delighted with what we got.

Give me 7/8 from each, add a little Endless and you have your Sunday night closer for the ages.

32 minutes ago, ConorC said:

I think a lot of people wanted Channel Orange part 2, don't think that was ever on the cards. I was delighted with what we got.

Give me 7/8 from each, add a little Endless and you have your Sunday night closer for the ages.

Is he genuinely looking like a Sunday headliner then? Why Sunday? I only have a Sunday ticket this year so i;'d be so happy with that.

1 hour ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Is he genuinely looking like a Sunday headliner then? Why Sunday? I only have a Sunday ticket this year so i;'d be so happy with that.

It's purely speculation of people wanting him to go up against Foos/avoida Radiohead clash. He could be on any day on either of the top two stages (or even not playing at all)

2 hours ago, ConorC said:

Mate 99% of bands would kill to write a song even half as bangin' as the first four and a half minutes of Pyramids, come on now 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, FloorFiller said:

howcome? shit result if so

There's posters all over manchester for parklife with a pair of nikes. Asked the guy who runs it and he said no comment but nikes. I won't be living too far at that time so may do a stroll up for frank if I can get a day pass. We'll see! Hopefully he does glasto too but I'm losing hope! 

Just now, char90 said:

There's posters all over manchester for parklife with a pair of nikes. Asked the guy who runs it and he said no comment but nikes. I won't be living too far at that time so may do a stroll up for frank if I can get a day pass. We'll see! Hopefully he does glasto too but I'm losing hope! 

ah that sucks. seeing him at Primavera so can't get too hurt over this but it's a damn shame if true regardless

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Guessing he was looking for a check.

Is Parklife still a pretty unsavoury place to be?

I'm based round there and have never been to be honest. the crowd in town on those days though hasn't appealed to me. Happy to give it a go for a day next year if frank is on and there's a few other good acts that day (and I can walk home). If it's horrendous I'll just chalk it up to experience and look forward to glasto :)