Frank Ocean

FloorFiller

14 minutes ago, ConorC said:

60% parklife - 40% Glastonbury

shouldnt it be the other way around? Seeing that he's gonna be in Northside (Denmark) which is going to be at the same weekend of Parklife. 9-11 June (Parklife 10-11). Since we know that he's gonna be in the UK mid July, late June seems much more likely than mid June

2 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

shouldnt it be the other way around? Seeing that he's gonna be in Northside (Denmark) which is going to be at the same weekend of Parklife. 9-11 June (Parklife 10-11). Since we know that he's gonna be in the UK mid July, late June seems much more likely than mid June

I got it the wrong way round, my bad. I meant 60% glasto!

38 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

If he plays I could see him subbing Bon Iver on Other against Foos/Royal Blood on Pyramid. Before his album released I would have probably seen him as a Pyramid sub as the hype was pretty crazy, but as soon as the album was released I don't think I ever heard anything about it really.

surely he's big enough for Other headliner? I prefer Bon Iver but arguably Frank Ocean is massive right now. 

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Radiohead / Major Lazer

Ed Sheeran / Bon Iver

Foo Fighters / Frank Ocean

Tbh

yes good 

At this point I can't remember who the third Other headliner is thought to be but they would struggle to get a better set than that, in terms of contrasting the Pyramid bunch

Edited by Zac Quinn

just announced for primavera in Barcleona.  Headliner set at night vs foos is prob the best i can hope for :( i will want to see Ed because its the pyramid stage and its a huge artist. Obviously cant miss radiohead on friday... so basically i need bon iver to sub radiohead and frank ocean headlining other on sunday

Pink & White is my personal favourite. Definitely just listen to the whole thing.

I think in the midst of all the hype Blonde has ended up being underrated by a lot of people. It would've been impossible for it to ever live up to the weight of expectation that was put on it (partly his own self-doing), but that said it still stands up as a fantastic piece of work. probably my 2nd favourite album all year after Kaytranada's. 

One criticism I heard was that there were no 'bangers' on it. From what I can hear there were no 'bangers' on Channel Orange so what were people really expecting?

Can't wait to see his setlist for this tour.

4 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Pink & White is my personal favourite. Definitely just listen to the whole thing.

I think in the midst of all the hype Blonde has ended up being underrated by a lot of people. It would've been impossible for it to ever live up to the weight of expectation that was put on it (partly his own self-doing), but that said it still stands up as a fantastic piece of work. probably my 2nd favourite album all year after Kaytranada's. 

One criticism I heard was that there were no 'bangers' on it. From what I can hear there were no 'bangers' on Channel Orange so what were people really expecting?

Can't wait to see his setlist for this tour.

The likes of Fertiliser, Sweet Life, Pyramids, Lost and Monks were all far more upbeat/had bigger choruses/were more 'bangers' than anything on Blonde, which is what left a lot of people disappointed/underwhelmed I guess. Don't think anybody expected it to be quite as low key as it turned out to be

Fertiliser is as much of a banger as Start, with its PS1 intro, is a smooth RnB number. Call me a traditionalist, but I'd prefer he stripped them off and just kept to tracks!

Control is the best track on Blonde, whats more, you can recreate the track with a used helium balloon over this festive period.

Anyhow, I digress. Still think he's more likely for Parklife than G.  

#teammanageexpectations