Frank Ocean

FloorFiller

5 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

This is horrid, why couldn't Parklife steal Alt-J or something from Glastonbury instead :(

Tell me about it. A tribe called quest as well. I can walk to parklife from mine but I just really don't want to! Frank for me is booked for the prestige and is a great name for them but I don't think he'll go over that well at parklife crowd wise when it actually comes to it. 

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Illness or bereavement are the only good reasons for an artist to cancel a gig

What about if they've been kidnapped? What if they're stuck in quicksand? What if they're locked in deadly mortal combat with their arch nemesis and the fate of the world as we know if hangs in the balance?

a lot of the current huge rap (for a lack of better word) artists seems to cancel shows how they like. tyler the creator cancelled festivals a few days ago, chance the rapper cancelled european shows. now frank ocean :o

chance was supposed to play at a festival in Gothenburg in august im attending this year. frank ocean is also on the bill and i hope he doesn't cancel it too. He was booked a few years ago and cancelled back then, would put the festival in an odd position to have 2 of their headliners cancel their shows.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep second time I was supposed to see him (first Bestival five years ago) that he's cancelled. Very very frustrating. Now it's decide if it's worth trying to get a Parklife ticket... or if I'm un-pissed off enough to bother.

I reckon he'll probably end up cancelling there also.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Sorry not Glastonbury related and sorry no he's not doing a secret set, but fuck this guy man. Announced as having cancelled Primavera and with only a week to go to the festival. Genuinely gutted. 'Production delays' is such a bullshit reason/excuse.

agreed. total cnt move. its not like its the first time its been happening for years,. Really thought "no way would it happen again."

Parklife is most deffo off. The organiser has just released a statement saying Frank still doesnt know how he wants his set. There is no way frank is happening there.

1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

Parklife is most deffo off. The organiser has just released a statement saying Frank still doesnt know how he wants his set. There is no way frank is happening there.

Tough break if both their main headliner and sub pull out within a couple of weeks of each other. The lineup is pretty strong all over really but those acts were were the money was at.

2 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

Didn't Mos Def's granny die that year he was supposed to headline WH?

We turned up none the wiser and couldn't work out why so few people had come to see him.

Ah I wasn't there that yeah so not sure, I have tried to see him on 3 separate occasions though and he hasn't turned up

Parklife Sunday is dead if he pulls out, only RTJ I really care about all day (assuming they're on at the same time as Danny Brown and Sampha, as they're all 4th down their stages I think). He can get fucked, never buying a ticket to see him again. Not even sure if I can sell my ticket either cos I'm sure it said you need ID to match the name on the ticket although I dunno if that'll be enforced.

Edited by Odessa

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Parklife Sunday is dead if he pulls out, only RTJ I really care about all day (assuming they're on at the same time as Danny Brown and Sampha, as they're all 4th down their stages I think). He can get fucked, never buying a ticket to see him again. Not even sure if I can sell my ticket either cos I'm sure it said you need ID to match the name on the ticket although I dunno if that'll be enforced.

If it's any comfort, Primavera are refunding day tickets for Frank Ocean's day; Parklife may offer the same if he does inevitably cancel?

I'll be honest, I was looking forward to Frank Ocean, but this has removed one horrific clash, i can now kick back and watch Arab Strap without any hesitation or second thoughts.

8 hours ago, defrio29 said:

Where did you find this statement from?

Spanish festival forum similar to efests the main organiser (gabi) made 3 posts. One of them saying they talked to him and he was still making changes to his set. I'm on my phone atm but I'll copy and paste them to you tonight when home