Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Just sorted Lolla Berlin. Finally getting my 2016 Radiohead fix.

Was thinking about going away somewhere, so I jokingly floated the idea to my Radiohead fan friend in a group Whatsapp and all of my friends replied saying they're up for it. Surprising but hey ho I now have a week in Berlin ft. Radiohead to look forward to. I know a few people from uni going too so should be a good time getting jiggy with Thom and the boys. Shame the lineup on the whole isn't great but Radiohead, James Blake and Jagwar Ma are all great so hopefully I can see those three.

• Upvote 1

Great setlist from NOS alive yesterday. Would go down a treat on the pyramid

1. Burn the Witch
2. Daydreaming
3. Decks Dark
4. Desert Island Disk
5. Ful Stop
6. My Iron Lung
7. Talk Show Host
8. Lotus Flower
9. The Gloaming
10. Exit Music (For a Film)
11. The Numbers
12. Identikit
13. Reckoner
14. Everything In Its Right Place
15. Idioteque
16. Bodysnatchers
17. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

(Encore 1)

18. Bloom
19. Paranoid Android
20. Nude
21. 2+2=5
22. There There

(Encore 2)

23. Creep
24. Karma Police

Edited by Al2006

Weird Fishes and The National Anthem in for The Gloaming and probably Bloom and I don't think you'll get much better based on the selection of songs they've been playing. I'd rather they dropped Desert Island Disk than Bloom but those AMSP tracks seem permanent. Although I do see they've stopped playing The Present Tense, annoyingly, so hopefully Desert Island Disk suffers the same fate sooner or later.

Actually looking at what they've played this year it's also missing Myxomatosis, Airbag and How to Disappear Completely.

Weird Fishes, The National Anthem, Myxomatosis, Airbag and How to Disappear Completely in for The Gloaming, Bloom, Desert Island Disk, Talk Show Host and Lotus Flower, cheers boys.

So following on from the above post, my ideal Radiohead setlist from the active songs is:

1. Burn the Witch
2. Daydreaming
3. Decks Dark
4. Ful Stop
5. Airbag
6. The National Anthem
7. You and Whose Army
8. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
9. Myxomatosis
11. The Numbers
12. Identikit
13. Reckoner
14. How to Disappear Completely
15. Idioteque
16. Bodysnatchers

18. Everything in its Right Place
19. Paranoid Android
20. Nude
21. 2+2=5
22. There There

23. Creep
24. Karma Police

Edit: Actually You and Whose Army over My Iron Lung; I'll change that now.

The boys need to start playing Let Down and The Bends.

Edited by Will-2609

36 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

So following on from the above post, my ideal Radiohead setlist from the active songs is:

1. Burn the Witch
2. Daydreaming
3. Decks Dark
4. Ful Stop
5. Airbag
6. The National Anthem
7. You and Whose Army
8. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
9. Myxomatosis
11. The Numbers
12. Identikit
13. Reckoner
14. How to Disappear Completely
15. Idioteque
16. Bodysnatchers

18. Everything in its Right Place
19. Paranoid Android
20. Nude
21. 2+2=5
22. There There

23. Creep
24. Karma Police

Edit: Actually You and Whose Army over My Iron Lung; I'll change that now.

The boys need to start playing Let Down and The Bends.

Get rid of "airbag", "creep" + "exit music" add in "fake plastic trees" "the bends" and "pyramid song" - then I'm happy.

Fake Plastic trees is non negotionable.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Get rid of "airbag", "creep" + "exit music" add in "fake plastic trees" "the bends" and "pyramid song" - then I'm happy.

Fake Plastic trees is non negotionable.

Yeah this was just songs that have been played on this tour. The Bends and Fake Plastic Trees would definitely be there if not.

If they headline next year it's likely they'll have a 1hr 45 set rather than all these 2 hour ones they've been getting recently, which means like 21 songs rather than 24. Here's something likely based on the last load of sets.

1. Burn the Witch

2. Daydreaming

3. Decks Dark

4. Desert Island Disk

5. Ful Stop

6. Talk Show Host

7. Lotus Flower

8. The Gloaming

9. Identikit

10. The Numbers

11. Everything in its Right Place

12. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

13. Idioteque

14. Bodysnatchers

Encore 1

15. Bloom

16. Nude

17. There There

18. Present Tense

19. Karma Police

Encore 2

20. 2+2=5

21. Paranoid Android

21 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

If they headline next year it's likely they'll have a 1hr 45 set rather than all these 2 hour ones they've been getting recently, which means like 21 songs rather than 24.

Why? Plenty of bands do 2 hours, and Radiohead are more than legendary enough to ask for it.

52 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Why? Plenty of bands do 2 hours, and Radiohead are more than legendary enough to ask for it.

I don't think it quite works like that. Most bands who headline the Pyramid will feel they warrant a 2 hour set. It probably depends on working it around everything else that is booked. Hence why most headliners on Other and John Peel gets poxy 75 minute sets. 

4 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I don't think it quite works like that. Most bands who headline the Pyramid will feel they warrant a 2 hour set. It probably depends on working it around everything else that is booked. Hence why most headliners on Other and John Peel gets poxy 75 minute sets. 

You think Mumford and Sons came out demanding a 2 hour set to play their massive back catalogue of 2 albums but had to settle for a shorter one, while the Stones were forced against their will to play for 2 hours 15? The length of set is entirely based on what the headlining band wants/needs. Look at 2009, every headliner did 2 hours or more. There's no doubt that Radiohead would get the length of set they want.

Edited by Mash011

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

You think Mumford and Sons came out demanding a 2 hour set to play their massive back catalogue of 2 albums but had to settle for a shorter one, while the Stones were forced against their will to play for 2 hours 15? The length of set is entirely based on what the headlining band wants/needs. Look at 2009, every headliner did 2 hours or more. There's no doubt that Radiohead would get the length of set they want.

I am not saying that bands don't/can't request to play for longer. The Rolling Stones are an exception, they were the biggest booking the festival will ever get. I'm sure they might bend down on their knee's if a band really kicked up a fuss about playing 2 hours, but I can't see Radiohead doing that. Maybe the Pyramid works differently to the other stages. Barney seemed pissed off about New Order only getting 75 minutes, to the point where he even moaned about it before the last song. LCD ideally should have had longer as well, and they got 90 minutes. For me, all headliners would get 105-120 minutes on every stage. I don't understand why headliners on the smaller stages don't get as long. 

On 7/10/2016 at 1:49 AM, Mash011 said:

They were going to have to prise Springsteen off the stage with a crowbar in 2009.  Can't remember how long he went on for in the end, but I do seem to remember Eavis paying the fine for breaching the time / noise limit as he felt it was definitely worth it.

And bloody right he was too.

22 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

After The Gloaming it went; Exit Music, Numbers, Identikit, Reckoner, Everything In It's Right Place, Idioteque, Bodysnatchers, Street Spirit - unbelievable. What a run of tracks that is. 

It was great ;)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Quark said:

They were going to have to prise Springsteen off the stage with a crowbar in 2009.  Can't remember how long he went on for in the end, but I do seem to remember Eavis paying the fine for breaching the time / noise limit as he felt it was definitely worth it.

And bloody right he was too.

i think they managed to get him off just in time for the Stones to come on.

52 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

The current set lists they're doing definitely would go down an absolute treat at Glasto. Still think for the bigger festivals the 5 new songs in a row opening things isn't the best way to go though. 

Yeah that may work for the more 'indie' festivals but at the likes of Glastonbury it'd have those there out of curiosity walking away pretty fast. Reckon they'll switch up the setlist by then though - it is a year away after all, and I'm guessing Glastonbury won't be the only major fest they're at

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah that may work for the more 'indie' festivals but at the likes of Glastonbury it'd have those there out of curiosity walking away pretty fast. Reckon they'll switch up the setlist by then though - it is a year away after all, and I'm guessing Glastonbury won't be the only major fest they're at

Not sure really, the latter half of the NOS Alive set would go down well I think. I don't think there'd be a mass exodus for sure.

Just as Glastonbury has a demographic for Adele (which some doubted before the fest), I think it would have a suitable, albeit different demographic for Radiohead too. 

Seen them at nos. They weren't very good. The sound was awful and some songs sounded terrible due to it.

Exit music was the highlight and encore onwards sounded a lot better. So let down after how much I'd built it up. Tame Impala suffered from the same problem an hour before as well. The mainstage shut 2 hours early that day so im thinking there was maybe some sound restrictions or something

Still enjoyed the set like but Hot Chip, Arcade Fire, Chemical Brothers, Grimes and Foals were a lot better