Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

33 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

1) Radiohead playing 2017

2) Radiohead not playing 2017

3) Radiohead announcing they are playing 2017 then Thom pulls them out last minute as he is still down in the dumps about the sound in the Pyramid field

4) Radiohead headlining the long drops by the Wood/JPT as a compromise

5) Pablo Honey

In all fairness, these are the best long drops on site - if I wanted to headline a long drop, it'd be these ones

21 minutes ago, wilem said:

In all fairness, these are the best long drops on site - if I wanted to headline a long drop, it'd be these ones

thats a good point. These long drops were actually quite decent. Used them a few times camping in Spring Ground. They were the closest ones.

Also far enough away from Pyramid that Thom doesn't have to worry about sound bleed. Would need to figure something out about JPT though :P

1 minute ago, mungo57 said:

thats a good point. These long drops were actually quite decent. Used them a few times camping in Spring Ground. They were the closest ones.

They've been our all time favourite long drops since we discovered them in 2013... Shame they changed the seats, used to be a lovely plastic seat to them

Just now, wilem said:

They've been our all time favourite long drops since we discovered them in 2013... Shame they changed the seats, used to be a lovely plastic seat to them

I can't believe you actually have a favourite set of long drops :P

I always wondered about the seats on them things. Why don't they lift? I can aim my piss so I never leave them wet but if a girl was unlucky enough to need to use them after a bloke less good at aiming (or fucking plastered and misses) that must be horrid. At least if the seats lifted that might be less of a problem :P

1 minute ago, mungo57 said:

I can't believe you actually have a favourite set of long drops :P

I always wondered about the seats on them things. Why don't they lift? I can aim my piss so I never leave them wet but if a girl was unlucky enough to need to use them after a bloke less good at aiming (or fucking plastered and misses) that must be horrid. At least if the seats lifted that might be less of a problem :P

Would a lifting seat prevent that though? The pissheads wouldn't bother lifting it

And I have a favourite everything at glastonbury.

2 minutes ago, wilem said:

Would a lifting seat prevent that though? The pissheads wouldn't bother lifting it

I suppose it wouldn't matter thinking about it. No matter how pissed I am I always manage to get the seat up should I need it. I have a bit of a phobia of urinals so I tend to use cubicles.

I also have a favourite everything but hadn't thought about loos to be fair. These ones would be my favourite longdrops I think as they seem to get used less but my fave loos are the turdises in the disabled field. Only used by that field so never get totally fucked. Next year we aren't in the disabled field sadly so will probably revert to these ones or the compost ones not too far away. They never get too bad either.

4 minutes ago, wilem said:

I'm ashamed to say I pissed all over the seats several times in 2014 - the toilets closest to me didn't have any urinals nearby and you used to be able to lift the seat before then (I'd last been in 2010) .  Then on the last day, I was asked to do a survey on the toilets.  I started to complain about not being able to lift the seats and it dawned on me that I was supposed to sit down too.

I usually sat down and always had some tissue on me this year.  Lesson learned  - sorry :ph34r:

1. The long drops between shangri-la and the unfairground (it's a good spot)

2. JP long drops (lovely but in a shit spot cos it's the jp tent)

3. Park long drops (wouldn't shit in em but always good when you're passing through quickly)

4. Pablo Honey

5. Other Stage long drops (no thanks)

Those longdrops in the Wood have been my morning haunt since (I think) '07.  Definitely the best on site.  Much busier now but I love the Wood so I'm happy to share 'my' lavvy.

Composters at the Stone Circle had luxurious wooden seats.

Shout out to the Shangri-La 'drops.  Nicely tucked away.

My mate and I disagree wildly about the JPT longdrops.  She couldn't use them and I felt quite happy there.

Pablo Honey

1 minute ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

A lot can change in 11 months. Fingers crossed, not their biggest fan but would probably go and see.. 

On the other hand, what will this forum debate about once Radiohead have headlined? Especially now as the Purple one is sadly no longer with us. 

Led Zeppelin

6 minutes ago, Chawk said:

Are they really big enough?

Ed Sheeran did 3 nights at Wembley, these bozos only managed 3 at the Roundhouse

If they play they headline. 

However, under section 72 of the Radiohead Fans Unite Act of 2011. If Radiohead are not announced for Glastonbury festival as headliners. They can still be the biggest band in the world under two subsections;

1. Sub-headlining to the headliner who has sold the most records worldwide. 

2. Playing a secret set at any stage, tent, or long drops on site.

1 minute ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

If they play they headline. 

However, under section 72 of the Radiohead Fans Unite Act of 2011. If Radiohead are not announced for Glastonbury festival as headliners. They can still be the biggest band in the world under two subsections;

1. Sub-headlining to the headliner who has sold the most records worldwide. 

2. Playing a secret set at any stage, tent, or long drops on site.

Spot on

21 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

On the other hand, what will this forum debate about once Radiohead have headlined? Especially now as the Purple one is sadly no longer with us. 

I know this is a terrible thing to say, but in a way I think it's for the best that The Purple One has departed.  

I always had a terrible feeling that if they got Prince, Radiohead and Daft Punk to headline at the same time then certain stars would align and reality would collapse in on itself.