Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

59 minutes ago, kalifire said:

My overriding memory of Radiohead's 2017 set was leaving the Pyramid pit about 20 minutes in after deciding it wasn't that great, and being confronted by an ardent fan who took exception to me apologising for getting in the way. "YOU'RE NOT SORRY THOUGH, ARE YOU?!" he yelled. "YOU DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!". It reminded me what absolute cocks Radiohead fans can be.

65FBC203-C477-4CE1-B5A0-6F65B4DA75E3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

My overriding memory of Radiohead's 2017 set was leaving the Pyramid pit about 20 minutes in after deciding it wasn't that great, and being confronted by an ardent fan who took exception to me apologising for getting in the way. "YOU'RE NOT SORRY THOUGH, ARE YOU?!" he yelled. "YOU DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!". It reminded me what absolute cocks Radiohead fans can be.

D351D2CA-21C2-4BDC-8A8C-8AAE56C0B003.gif

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, misterplow said:

Isn't APE way too small for Radiohead? 

I dunno, maybe. They’d be the biggest act they’ve had, but it kinda fits. I don’t think they’d sell out Hyde Park nowadays, and APE is the next one down I guess (is it around 40K?) Old Trafford is a similar capacity and they didn’t sell that out last time.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Kid A/Amnesiac set similar to the OKC one would be cool, but let’s not beat around the bush:

2022 Kid A era tour with a headline slot at APE please and thanks.

Would be a coup for APE for sure. 

They normally have Other stage sized headliners, but given they rarely sell out (think the Nick Cave day was the only one that did) maybe they’d be tempted to go for a bigger act.

Although Thom was lined up to play APE this year so you never know, I think they’d just do their own show(s) instead of a festival if they were gonna do a Kid A/Amnesiac thing. Hopefully something a little more extensive than they did for AMSP but I wouldn’t count on it these days. 

Obviously I (and I’m sure many here) would be all over something like that (or just any live show in general) so fingers crossed something is in the works.

4 hours ago, nikkic said:

Would be a coup for APE for sure. 

They normally have Other stage sized headliners, but given they rarely sell out (think the Nick Cave day was the only one that did) maybe they’d be tempted to go for a bigger act.

Radiohead have a really good relationship with Goldenvoice/AEG so it wouldn’t be a surprise if that happened especially now that theres quite a few more festivals under their umbrella and wouldnt have to forcibly sign onto ones that Live Nation puts on. They would likely give them a la carte on the line up for the day on top of that. Not as if they havent played Victoria Park before. 

10 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13253649

New company set up 9th March 2021.

Something is happening! 

Maybe that long awaited Kid A/Amnesiac boxset.

Its usually means new album. I don’t think they set up a new company for the OKC release.

And considering Ed and Phil just had a chat yesterday with Phil confirming he is working on a new solo album it seems unlikely they managed to do anything this past year. But Im all for whatever is coming.

edit: and Spin with a Grin is an Amnesiac reference so this will get intereesting.

Edited by Suprefan

33 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Its usually means new album. I don’t think they set up a new company for the OKC release.

They were already in the middle of the AMSP promo/tour when they did the OK Computer reissue so had no need to set up a new company, whereas they’re currently inactive so would make sense for them to make a new one for a Kid A/Amnesiac reissue.

32 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Where's the APE thing coming from? They've already announced their line ups.

Would love some live Radiohead somewhere though.

It’s coming from nowhere - I was speculating for next year.