Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

4 hours ago, sirjonnyp said:

Of the many things that bugs me about that list is that there seems to be no effort whatsoever in ranking outside of the top ten. It seems like the person compiling has started writing the list, realised that he hadn't named anything from The Bends in a while, so puts down two Bends songs in a row. Then does the same thing shortly after for Amnesiac. Then HTTT. Then AMSP. Repeat. 

That said, putting HTDC in at 26 clearly makes him an idiot. So there is no merit in this list anyway. 

Yep I noticed a few instances of just lumping a few tracks from each album together so that he could write a little bit about said album below. Terrible list, poorly executed.

On a more positive note, happy 20th birthday Kid A!

4EBAB2FC-1BF4-4CFD-A635-6ECAEAC92410.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

It's a nuanced piece, by a Yale professor (and a Black woman) at that, but done a complete disservice by that title. A total clanger.

They need to pull and apologise for that. It's just eviscerated her work and made a spectacle out of the the whole thing.

Well the actual paper version was even worse.

3FF34EB0-29EB-492A-9F86-095C73073ADB.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

It's a nuanced piece, by a Yale professor (and a Black woman) at that, but done a complete disservice by that title. A total clanger.

They need to pull and apologise for that. It's just eviscerated her work and made a spectacle out of the the whole thing.

Some of the covers linked to are excellent.

I'd not seen the Prince doing Creep @ coachella before. Holy hell

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Chawk said:

I agree with all the points he makes, but this is the reality that a majority of people in this country voted for. This is exactly what Brexit promised us, more isolationism, harder borders, reduced movement of people. I know it's easy to blame the government for not doing enough, but I think the truth is they have done exactly what they said they would, exactly what a majority voted for.

It is shit. I know.

I'm becoming mildly obsessed with this video. Peter Fucking Frampton. There are so many things going on in the video. I think he's in on how much of a joke the video is, but I don't know. It's presented completely straight and there's even a 'story concepts' credit at the end. 

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Just guaranteed a lifelong hatred of Radiohead by forcing my seven year old daughter to listen to the dual lead vocal in Let Down.

"I don't like this Daddy, it's boring music."

Do they still have orphanages in the UK?

• 2 weeks later...

My overriding memory of Radiohead's 2017 set was leaving the Pyramid pit about 20 minutes in after deciding it wasn't that great, and being confronted by an ardent fan who took exception to me apologising for getting in the way. "YOU'RE NOT SORRY THOUGH, ARE YOU?!" he yelled. "YOU DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!". It reminded me what absolute cocks Radiohead fans can be.

16 minutes ago, kalifire said:

My overriding memory of Radiohead's 2017 set was leaving the Pyramid pit about 20 minutes in after deciding it wasn't that great, and being confronted by an ardent fan who took exception to me apologising for getting in the way. "YOU'RE NOT SORRY THOUGH, ARE YOU?!" he yelled. "YOU DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!". It reminded me what absolute cocks Radiohead fans can be.

Yeah sorry about that...

42 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I'm a cock for the opposite reason. I'd much prefer anyone who wanted to leave to have not turned up in the first place.

My ideal would have been like LCD in 2016, a tiny crowd having the absolute best time ever, with the rest of the field empty.

48 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Hard pass on the jigsaw then?