Jump to content

Radiohead Headlining 2017


The Nal
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 6/17/2020 at 6:02 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Does anyone know Vinyl Junkies? The name rang a bell , but I'd never seen it before.  This is a first time list reaction video to Radiohead.  The listener is going through their albums.  He didn't like Pablo Honey, thought The Bends was ok.  There was a somewhat stronger reaction to OK Computer...

 

For some bizarre reason, the full thing is still up, songs and all - none of his other videos are (Kid A and Amnesiac are also there, but without the music, so not so good).  He does go on a bit, but gets genuinely moved by the record.  Well worth a watch.

Old Man Listens to A Moon Shaped Pool, live right NOW - 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just finishing watching the Reading 2009 set. I wasn't at either, but from watching on TV, Reading was a stronger performance than Glastonbury 2017. They looked like they were loving it onstage as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Just finishing watching the Reading 2009 set. I wasn't at either, but from watching on TV, Reading was a stronger performance than Glastonbury 2017. They looked like they were loving it onstage as well. 

Just watching it now on the iplayer livestream. Loved 2017, but wish they'd found room for National Anthem. That was great

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Just finishing watching the Reading 2009 set. I wasn't at either, but from watching on TV, Reading was a stronger performance than Glastonbury 2017. They looked like they were loving it onstage as well. 

I had the feeling they were loving the 2017 performance even more. Reading felt a bit tired. Still really good though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Just finishing watching the Reading 2009 set. I wasn't at either, but from watching on TV, Reading was a stronger performance than Glastonbury 2017. They looked like they were loving it onstage as well. 

Is it the full set? Watching live now and it seems they haven't cut a track yet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I won't lie, I was pissed off with the band for not doing Glastonbury around that time. I never knew if it was their decision not to play our festival in 2009, but I knew they'd fucked Michael off in 2008. It was very odd, I wonder why? Was 2003 still too recent?

IIRC they had been asked around that time but they really didn’t want to become a Glastonbury house band and so chose to do a bunch of other festivals that they weren’t so familiar with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not a huge fan of Radiohead (Kid A is the only album that has clicked with me) but have enjoyed their festival headline sets.
For me, 2017 Glastonbury is the weakest of the four performances I’ve seen. I’m sure for huge fans it was the best thing ever but for a casual, not so much. Preferred 2003 at Glastonbury, this Reading set and V.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/29/2020 at 12:47 AM, Ryan1984 said:

I’m sure for huge fans it was the best thing ever but for a casual, not so much. Preferred 2003 at Glastonbury, this Reading set and V.

Confused. Wasn't their Glasto 2017 set the most casual friendly set they've ever played? They've pretty much done all of their big songs (and close to no new ones...). Even 2003 didn't have Creep and Let Down.

Karma Police, Nude, Pyramid Song, 2+2=5, Street Spirit, Paranoid Android, Lucky, Airbag, Exit Music, Idioteque, Fake Plastic Trees, Reckoner, Lotus Flower and No Surprises all in one set. (Only My Iron Lung, Just, Burn The Witch, High & Dry and There There could have been added in terms of 'big songs')

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Confused. Wasn't their Glasto 2017 set the most casual friendly set they've ever played? They've pretty much done all of their big songs (and close to no new ones...). Even 2003 didn't have Creep and Let Down.

Karma Police, Nude, Pyramid Song, 2+2=5, Street Spirit, Paranoid Android, Lucky, Airbag, Exit Music, Idioteque, Fake Plastic Trees, Reckoner, Lotus Flower and No Surprises all in one set. (Only My Iron Lung, Just, Burn The Witch, High & Dry and There There could have been added in terms of 'big songs')

They left most until the encore or late in the set?

This was the V set - The Bends! 
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2006/hylands-park-chelmsford-england-73d6f235.html

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've bought a fancy new soundbar recently, so just remembered that I have the 2017 set on hand.

Bloody hell, they were good. Whether it was as good as other gigs, or fan friendly - I don't really care. It was fan-bloody-tastic. Ful Stop sounded more massive than the record, the guitar on OKC and Bends sounded more visceral than the records.

It's a shame that people further back didn't get the full experience, but look at the faces on the coverage of those near the front - Radiohead live are a transcendental experience.

They're just a really fucking good live band aren't they?

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2020 at 12:01 PM, Ryan1984 said:

They left most until the encore or late in the set?

This was the V set - The Bends! 
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2006/hylands-park-chelmsford-england-73d6f235.html

 

We got The Bends at Manchester 2 weeks after Glasto 2017. Shame about the sound, atmosphere and the fact it wasn't Glastonbury...which I missed for my ex's friend's wedding...

I am never ever watching Radiohead in Manchester again. Will always go South. Far too many talkers, "play creep!" types, which shouldn't have surprised me to be honest but I still tried 3 times over the years! 

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...