Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Excellent I can actually comment now, rather than read every line of the previous rumour one through my fingers. I couldn't go this year as I'm travelling, and had they been announced, although I'd have been excited for my fellow Radiohead-fan friends who did go, and you lot of course, a large part of me would have also been mortified.

So, yeh. My mate saw them this year walking round and shouted Thom, asking if they were headlining in 2017. My mate said he had a half smile and appeared to be winking! So it's on!

Also.

The Bends

In Rainbows

Ok Computer.

I prefer "Top 3" lists. 

Edited by Stokesy10
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Ed O' Brien was apparently sighted at the festival.  Dunno if anyone asked The Question though.

Someone saw them and asked about this year. 

They really should have used that opportunity to ask about next year. Especially as Ed would be the most likely to give something away. 

39 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah, spot on there mate. This really is last chance saloon. 

If they aren't there next year then they clearly just don't want to headline again. They will almost certainly be asked (probably have already) so the ball is in their court  I guess. 

I don't care if they do or not but I have a feeling Thom won't. I don't feel he likes being talked about as the act to headline every year....1997 and 2003 go down as the special shows for them.

Just now, thewayiam said:

I don't care if they do or not but I have a feeling Thom won't. I don't feel he likes being talked about as the act to headline every year....1997 and 2003 go down as the special shows for them.

If that's the case, surely just headlining and saying it's the final time you'll do it would put an end to all that?

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Good enough for me! Although that is just Thom Yorke's resting face*

* couldn't tell if that was the joke you were making so decided to make it anyway

Glad the joke wasn't lost on some ;D

Edited by Stokesy10

Oh yeah, given it's been out for a few months now the new comfirmed running order is;

1. In Rainbows

2. OK Computer

3. Kid A

4. A Moon Shaped Pool

5. The Bends

6. Hail To The Thief

7. Amnesiac

8. King of Limbs

9. Pablo Honey

4 hours ago, jparx said:

If that's the case, surely just headlining and saying it's the final time you'll do it would put an end to all that?

Possibly, I feel after 2010 the rest of the years may well have just been hoping.

The fest got everyone they wanted this time. It may even rest on if Foo's have said they'll be back...if so I see it being the 3 without RH.

Admittedly, this happened about 2 years ago, Thom came into the coffee shop I was working in, obviously I asked him about headlining again, he told me that they wouldn't play the pyramid until they sorted out the sound. He said he stood at the back of the field for the Rolling Stones a few years previous and it sounded shit, so he wouldn't do it until they sorted that out.

4 hours ago, Rosscoe said:

Admittedly, this happened about 2 years ago, Thom came into the coffee shop I was working in, obviously I asked him about headlining again, he told me that they wouldn't play the pyramid until they sorted out the sound. He said he stood at the back of the field for the Rolling Stones a few years previous and it sounded shit, so he wouldn't do it until they sorted that out.

Not the best place to be standing if you want to judge sound quality. 

5 hours ago, Rosscoe said:

I've always doubted this story, for one thing every outdoor gig is going to have so sound issues. 

It's not like an indoor event where you have control to some degree. Outdoors you have the size of the venue and any weather conditions to contend with.

Plus the back of the stage is hardly going to be stunning sound.

2 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Yeah they play so many festivals. There's no way they've assessed the sound quality of every last one of them.

There's no way that if they assessed the sound quality of even a few festivals that they'd conclude that Pyramid Stage is the one with the biggest problem. I thought the sound this year (and the last few) at Pyramid was brilliant. ELO f'rinstance, stunning! (But then I was reet dahn the front for that one)

31 minutes ago, billum said:

There's no way that if they assessed the sound quality of even a few festivals that they'd conclude that Pyramid Stage is the one with the biggest problem. I thought the sound this year (and the last few) at Pyramid was brilliant. ELO f'rinstance, stunning! (But then I was reet dahn the front for that one)

I've been at arenas where Radiohead have played and the sound has been awful.

It's why I have never believed this story 

Not sure how much I liked Radiohead before I found this forum, but seeing them headlining the festival has suddenly become very important to me, I suspect I've been slightly brainwashed but thanks anyway for bringing them into my life. 
Charm x

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Charm said:

Not sure how much I liked Radiohead before I found this forum, but seeing them headlining the festival has suddenly become very important to me, I suspect I've been slightly brainwashed but thanks anyway for bringing them into my life. 
Charm x

It's working, soon you will all be brainwashed haha