Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2020 at 6:02 PM, Little Andy said:

Narrowing down Radiohead songs to a top ten is so tough, but I did it. Currently it's ...

1. Identikit
  2. Lotus Flower
  3. Separator
  4. Give Up The Ghost
  5. Codex
  6. Subterranean Homesick Alien
  7. Present Tense
  8. Exit Music (For A Film)
  9. Paranoid Android
  10. 15 Step

Note : King Of Limbs Live From The Basement versions included.

I felt the need to update this as I continue to listen to Radiohead obsessively :

1. ⬆️ Lotus Flower 
  2. ⬇️ Identikit
  3. ➡️ Separator
  4. ➡️ Give Up The Ghost
  5. ➡️ Codex
  6. ⬆️ Reckoner
  7. ➡️ Present Tense
  8. ⬇️ Subterranean Homesick Alien
  9. ⬇️ Exit Music (For A Film)
  10. ⬆️ All I Need

Note : Live From The Basement versions included.

Edited by Little Andy

49 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

I felt the need to update this as I continue to listen to Radiohead obsessively :

1. ⬆️ Lotus Flower 
  2. ⬇️ Identikit
  3. ➡️ Separator
  4. ➡️ Give Up The Ghost
  5. ➡️ Codex
  6. ⬆️ Reckoner
  7. ➡️ Present Tense
  8. ⬇️ Subterranean Homesick Alien
  9. ⬇️ Exit Music (For A Film)
  10. ⬆️ All I Need

Note : Live From The Basement versions included.

Is this some sort of subset that excludes Weird Fishes, Myxomatosis and Let Down for some reason?

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Impressed as anything that there's two lists here with Codex. In my top 10 too but didn't think it had landed for many people.

They never play it live, TKOL is so often lumped at the bottom with Pablo Honey in album rankings, yadda yadda. It's a showstopper though. Absolute peach.

TKOL is like Schrodinger's album, simultaneously being reappraised and downgraded, although to be fair that depends on whether it's the live or studio version that's being considered.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
not -> to

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

While we're here...

10. Polyethylene (Parts 1 & 2)
9. All I Need
8. Creep
7. Codex
6. Fake Plastic Trees
5. Reckoner
4. There There
3. How To Disappear Completely
2. Paranoid Android
1. Everything In Its Right Place

Like Spinning Plates, Let Down, Videotape and Idioteque (recorded version only) just missing out.

Which version of Like Spinning Plates? It's the I Might Be Wrong one for me. Can't be doing with all the backwards malarkey on the studio version.

6 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

While we're here...

10. Polyethylene (Parts 1 & 2)
9. All I Need
8. Creep
7. Codex
6. Fake Plastic Trees
5. Reckoner
4. There There
3. How To Disappear Completely
2. Paranoid Android
1. Everything In Its Right Place

Like Spinning Plates, Let Down, Videotape and Idioteque (recorded version only) just missing out.

Can't argue with that top six.  My top ten was (in no order because I have other things to do and getting a top 10 was hard enough!)

Paranoid Android

There, there

How to disappear completely

Reckoner

Street Spirt (Fade Out)

A wolf at the door

Fake Plastic Trees

Exit Music (For a film)

Daydreaming

Knives Out

It has changed where Everything in it's right place is now way up there (in it's right place you may say).

31 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Is this some sort of subset that excludes Weird Fishes, Myxomatosis and Let Down for some reason?

To be fair I spent ages putting mine together a couple of months back and they lost out for me to.  Let down mainly because I was trying to get a balance between albums and it does not displace Paranoid Android and Exit Music (For a Film) for me.

Weird Fishes I can only apologise for and promise to put things right in the next list which I am currently working on.

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

* sneaks into Radiohead thread *

You've all forgotten Thinking About You

* sneaks back out again *

I'm trying.  Added it to the Radiohead playlist

On 6/17/2020 at 6:02 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Does anyone know Vinyl Junkies? The name rang a bell , but I'd never seen it before.  This is a first time list reaction video to Radiohead.  The listener is going through their albums.  He didn't like Pablo Honey, thought The Bends was ok.  There was a somewhat stronger reaction to OK Computer...

For some bizarre reason, the full thing is still up, songs and all - none of his other videos are (Kid A and Amnesiac are also there, but without the music, so not so good).  He does go on a bit, but gets genuinely moved by the record.  Well worth a watch.

He's listened to everything except A Moon Shaped Pool now. I really enjoy his reactions, especially this OK Computer one, and the 2nd half of The King Of Limbs.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Much better when the music is included. Did the songs survive on any of the others?

No only OK Computer has sound. Most of the others have the songs edited out, but the King Of Limbs re-reaction video just mutes the sound when the songs play, so you can press play yourself on Spotify or whatever you use :)

Talking of album reviews, Vinyl Rewind has some really good ones on his channel where he talks about the records musical effects and stories, after playing parts of the song:

Middle 8 also has some really good Radiohead videos, he's made three, on OK Computer, Kid A and In Rainbows. He also has one on LCD Soundsystem which is one of my favourites:

and the LCD one: