Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

On 5/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, Suprefan said:

Oh yeah and that site doesnt have a link to download anything at all. They got asked to pull it. Im sure theres a flac floating around.

Generally if it’s been uploaded somewhere you can find a torrent for it. 

On 5/8/2020 at 1:50 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I've gone right off you. Lotus Flower was the highlight of that set. Reckoner is a pretty song, but that version of Lotus Flower was so packed with energy it absolutely deserved that place in the set. Drop You and Whose Army or some other song, but leave my Lotus Flower alone!

'Spose I just dig Reckoner and fancied it in the set towards the end. Spoiled rotten, me. Belter of a gig.

On 5/8/2020 at 2:27 PM, zero000 said:

Just listening to the Glastonbury set again whilst writing my thesis. That version, of EIIRP!  :o Oh my!

Heartstopping. Top ten moment for me out of all my Glastonbury's, deffo.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:50 PM, sirjonnyp said:

I can't check at the moment but I'm fairly sure that I have the FLAC for it still, PM me if you're interested. It's definitely on a few of the well established (not radiohead-exclusive) bootleg sites. That said, there will be a good quality rip of the new mix soon so that's probably the one to have now. 

Sadly not, but I've listened to the bootleg a crazy amount, it used to put it on on my way to work on a Friday as a treat for finishing the week. Weird Fishes would come on as I got to Finsbury Park station, Dollars and Cents would finish just as I got to work (on a good run), Videotape would mark the start of lunch and I would normally walk out of the office on the way to the pub to Paranoid Android. Leaving the pub on the way to whatever the night had in store to The Gloaming was fun and then I would normally get home to HTDC. It was a wonderful routine!

That does sound like a good routine.
It was a hell of a show. What stood out to me at the time was how enthused and good-spirited the band seemed from my perspective, things like as you can see on the video Thom playfully throwing glowsticks back into the crowd. I seem to remember Jonny had one fixed between the strings of his guitar for a bit. An interesting thing about Bonnaroo, at least at that time, is that when the headliner goes on the main stage there are no other bands playing on site. So all eyes are on the headliner, kinda helps to make it special in a way. In retrospect as I am sure others have mentioned, it is really unique how well this show went over with the crowd at the time being so much of the material played was as-yet unreleased.

On 5/8/2020 at 7:53 PM, Dave85radiohead said:

I’d much rather hear some of the later or even earlier stuff now. The bends was by far my highlight of the show at Manchester. 
Would love them to bring back Just, nice dream and black star to the setlist and play some more amnesiac , kid a and httt.

I could very happily go to a fantastic Radiohead gig and not hear a Bends tracking without it even cross my mind as a possibility/omission... but if they did break into Black Star I would lose my shit completely. 

• Upvote 1

Just been skimming through the setlists for the last tour. The last NA/SA leg had some insane setlists. Some of the MSG shows looked immense. Hope that carries on when they return and we get stuff like Videotape, Kid A, Spinning Plates and more deep cuts on regular rotation.

This is outrageous https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2018/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-23ebb0db.html

19 hours ago, jparx said:

Just been skimming through the setlists for the last tour. The last NA/SA leg had some insane setlists. Some of the MSG shows looked immense. Hope that carries on when they return and we get stuff like Videotape, Kid A, Spinning Plates and more deep cuts on regular rotation.

This is outrageous https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2018/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-23ebb0db.html

Yeah,  I went to Cincinatti, Columbus and Pittsburgh on that last leg. Very happy to get, Wolf at The Door, Talk Show Host and The Tourist in there. Also passing 50 gigs. 

F38FB548-416C-4FCE-B46C-38E39B99A709.jpeg

15 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Bargains on their Store right now.

Put a bunch of them in my basket and then most were sold out by the time I paid and I ended up with just two t shirts that I didn’t particularly want in the first place and are probably too big...

Guess that serves me right for being greedy, but pretty shite that stuff could just get nabbed right out of your basket!

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Put a bunch of them in my basket and then most were sold out by the time I paid and I ended up with just two t shirts that I didn’t particularly want in the first place are probably too big...

Guess that serves me right for being greedy, but pretty shite that stuff could just get nabbed right out of your basket!

Yep just had the same issue. Ended up with the orange bear t shirt in XL. Really wanted a tour shirt since I didn't grab one at the time ☹️ ah well. 

Just now, jparx said:

Yep just had the same issue. Ended up with the orange bear t shirt in XL. Really wanted a tour shirt since I didn't grab one at the time ☹️ ah well. 

Aye ended up with the orange bear and the Atoms For Peace ones which were definitely my least favourite of the bunch. Was absolutely buzzing when I had all the good ones in my basket as well. Ah well.

• 3 weeks later...

Two bits of Radiohead news:

Ed confirming a new album definitely will happen, but no timescale https://www.nme.com/news/music/ed-obrien-radiohead-new-album-will-definitely-happen-2685882?amp

And, what for me was a surprise, OKC voted best of the 90s in the BBC poll https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/ultimate-90s-album

Obviously it is the best album of the 90s, and top 5 all time in my book, but surprised that BBC voters agreed.