Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

3 hours ago, Dave85radiohead said:

Most people I know who aren’t really Radiohead fans rank httt as their favourite after ok computer with Amnesiac and King of limbs been the least popular by far.

To be fair I think Hail to the thief is their most underrated album. Take out Backdrifts and we suck young blood and it’s up there with their best.

Hail is a great album in the live setting and its a shame they dont play some of the other songs because they would fit so well nowadays. Sit Down Stand Up, Sail To The Moon, Go To Sleep. They soundchecked Go To Sleep at one show I was queueing up for in 2017 and thats been the closest its gotten to being played in almost 15 years.  Im hoping they stream their MTV $2 bill  show which was heavy on the Hail material. I mean they could do Glasto 2003 but i dont think the bbc would let em. 

Edited by Suprefan

That song from each album discussion is so hard I’ve omitted from doing it. I can’t decide on any of them of my favourite song, however as I have a Radiohead profile picture, I’m obliged - here it goes:

Creep (Pablo Honey), My Iron Lung (The Bends), Let Down (Ok Computer), The National Anthem (Kid A) Like Spinning Plates (Amnesiac), A Wolf At the Door (Hail to the Thief), Reckoner (In Rainbows), Give Up The Ghost (The King of Limbs)  and Decks Dark (A Moon Shaped Pool).

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

13 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We've all been watching the Bonnaroo set, right?

Absodiddly. I've banged on about it, but it's absolutely my favourite show of theirs. There has been a high quality bootleg taken straight from the soundboard courtesy of http://radioheadbonnaroo.com/ that I thought was great, but this is just amazing. On first listen every song sounds better. There was an interview with Ed or Colin about a decade ago where they said that this was their (Ed or Colin's) favourite performance they had done and they were considering putting it out as a DVD / blu ray. Really, really hope they do now with a high quality audio download. 

I would give my left nut for the 2002 Salamanca show to be given the same treatment as this, but I can't imagine that it would meet their standards.

17 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Lotus Flower sounded great though. 

Bloom was the one to drop. 

Lotus Flower is a beauty, sinewy and sexy. But its spot in the setlist is prime real estate for what is (imo) one of their greatest songs. Bloom worked on the night. Prefer the live versh tbh.

18 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Because he enjoys it and makes him a shedload of cash idk. Can think of worse ways to spend my time than writing average indie rock tunes and selling out arenas. 

Hope you know I was poking fun

14 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Lotus Flower is a beauty, sinewy and sexy. But its spot in the setlist is prime real estate for what is (imo) one of their greatest songs. Bloom worked on the night. Prefer the live versh tbh.

Yes bloom live sounds really good

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Swap Lotus Flower out for Reckoner in the '17 set and its pretty much flawless.

Naw, the synths going through the subwoofers shook me to the core. Its hard to find that kind of low end and enjoy it when its not a dj/electronic act. Bloom swapped for Climbing Up The Walls to further show how good OkC was. And again, more low End and to melt peoples brains with the lights.

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

I mean Reckoner is my favourite ever song, so I’d ditch anything on that set list for it tbh! 

Might rewatch Bloom as I can’t remember much of it at G17. 

6 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Swap Lotus Flower out for Reckoner in the '17 set and its pretty much flawless.

I've gone right off you. Lotus Flower was the highlight of that set. Reckoner is a pretty song, but that version of Lotus Flower was so packed with energy it absolutely deserved that place in the set. Drop You and Whose Army or some other song, but leave my Lotus Flower alone!

37 minutes ago, Dave85radiohead said:

Maybe controversial but drop airbag for me. I’ve never really enjoyed that one live and the vocals are usually all over the place.

If we're going to be controversial, Let Down live doesn't really do it for me without two Thoms on stage. As far as I'm aware, he's never cloned himself, so I'd rather just listen to the record.

8 hours ago, sirjonnyp said:

Absodiddly. I've banged on about it, but it's absolutely my favourite show of theirs. There has been a high quality bootleg taken straight from the soundboard courtesy of http://radioheadbonnaroo.com/ that I thought was great, but this is just amazing. On first listen every song sounds better. There was an interview with Ed or Colin about a decade ago where they said that this was their (Ed or Colin's) favourite performance they had done and they were considering putting it out as a DVD / blu ray. Really, really hope they do now with a high quality audio download. 

I would give my left nut for the 2002 Salamanca show to be given the same treatment as this, but I can't imagine that it would meet their standards.

Were you there by chance?

12 hours ago, sirjonnyp said:

Oh yeah and that site doesnt have a link to download anything at all. They got asked to pull it. Im sure theres a flac floating around.

5 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If we're going to be controversial, Let Down live doesn't really do it for me without two Thoms on stage. As far as I'm aware, he's never cloned himself, so I'd rather just listen to the record.

I get that to be fair.
To be honest I’ve heard the ok computer songs quite a few times now and I’d much rather hear some of the later or even earlier stuff now. The bends was by far my highlight of the show at Manchester. 
Would love them to bring back Just, nice dream and black star to the setlist and play some more amnesiac , kid a and httt.

8 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Oh yeah and that site doesnt have a link to download anything at all. They got asked to pull it. Im sure theres a flac floating around.

I can't check at the moment but I'm fairly sure that I have the FLAC for it still, PM me if you're interested. It's definitely on a few of the well established (not radiohead-exclusive) bootleg sites. That said, there will be a good quality rip of the new mix soon so that's probably the one to have now. 

12 hours ago, Time Being said:

Were you there by chance?

Sadly not, but I've listened to the bootleg a crazy amount, it used to put it on on my way to work on a Friday as a treat for finishing the week. Weird Fishes would come on as I got to Finsbury Park station, Dollars and Cents would finish just as I got to work (on a good run), Videotape would mark the start of lunch and I would normally walk out of the office on the way to the pub to Paranoid Android. Leaving the pub on the way to whatever the night had in store to The Gloaming was fun and then I would normally get home to HTDC. It was a wonderful routine!

• Upvote 2