Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

21 hours ago, jparx said:

The awe throughout Daydreaming, and the eruption from the crowd the second Ed started strumming the strings behind the nut of his guitar will forever be burned in to my memory. Daydreaming is the perfect intro to lead directly in to an all time banger. As incredible as it was to see them open with Let Down in Manchester, Daydreaming > Lucky was something else. 

Exactly. Was them at Rock Werchter a week after their Glasto performance and that Daydreaming performance will forever be burned in my memory. The lack of visuals, lights even, and the total silence hit me hard. The fact that the field at Rock Werchter is so big made it even more special, actually. 50-60K people holding their breaths. You wouldn't have this effect in a smaller venue. (Nick Cave basically shushing ten thousands of people by playing push The Sky Away had a similar effect).  

21 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The elephant in the room here is how their 2017 performance landed with non-fans.

Nice take. Boxtick from me.

Found the set utterly beguiling and trippy. A groovebeast. My 4th time seeing them and a completely different experience to the one I expected.

There's currently a vote taking place on the Radiohead subreddit, (online forum for Radiohead fans) about the best Radiohead song and it's down to the final two. 

Paranoid Android vs Weird Fishes/ Arpeggi

It's pretty close, at the time of writing it's: 78 to 87 (Weird Fishes in the lead)

So if anyone's interested here's the link to the vote:

P.S: Vote Paranoid Android.

4 minutes ago, Miyn said:

There's currently a vote taking place on the Radiohead subreddit, (online forum for Radiohead fans) about the best Radiohead song and it's down to the final two. 

Paranoid Android vs Weird Fishes/ Arpeggi

It's pretty close, at the time of writing it's: 78 to 87 (Weird Fishes in the lead)

So if anyone's interested here's the link to the vote:

P.S: Vote Paranoid Android.

Weird Fishes won this last time iirc and seems like it was more of a ‘everybody loves this song’ rather than most people’s absolute favourite song, although I believe Let Down was second. 

I love Weird Fishes a LOT, but Paranoid Android is the definitive Radiohead song for sure.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Weird Fishes won this last time iirc and seems like it was more of a ‘everybody loves this song’ rather than most people’s absolute favourite song.

Yeah, It's a knock-out style bracket system, so you do end up with like you said: "‘everybody loves this song’ rather than most people’s absolute favourite song." If they did a one-time vote with every song they've made, you'd probably end with a significantly different set of results.

I don't really understand the huge following behind Weird Fishes, don't get me wrong, I really enjoy it. For me there's a lot of other songs on In Rainbows that I prefer like: All I Need, Reckoner, Bodysnatchers and Videotape. If I'm being honest, I'd probably rank it like the #5 or #6 out of the songs in the album. Still amazing, but not one of my favourites.

Edited by Miyn

32 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Jigsaw Falling Into Place doesn’t get enough love IMO.

It's a great song, but so are all the songs on In Rainbows. They never nailed that one live imo.

My favourite song on IR has to be 15 Step. It's everything I love about Radiohead in one tune. When that warm, subtle guitar riff kicks in at 0:41, or Ed doing that thing that he does at 2:21. That little bass line at 2:06 (and the bass in general in this song). That echo effect on Thom's voice when he sings "fifteen step". The 'YAY's. And Phil hammering those cymbals like a jazzmeister at the end. ❤️ Perfection. 

Edited by lighthouse

On 5/4/2020 at 12:42 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

The elephant in the room here is how their 2017 performance landed with non-fans.

As a fan who watched it with a non-fan OH you're not wrong. It still sometimes comes up in arguments, wish I'd been alone tbh 😂

Impossible task, and will probably change tomorrow, but here goes:

Thinking About You

Street Spirit

Let Down

Motion Picture Soundtrack

Like Spinning Plates

Where I End And You Begin

Nude

Codex

Burn the Witch (on record, but if you factor in live performances Ful Stop)

Edited by jparx

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Nobody else going to list their favourite songs from each album?

Oh go on then...

Creep

Fake Plastic Trees

Karma Police

How to Disappear Completely

I Might Be Wrong

Mixymatosis

Reckoner

Lotus Flower

Burn The Witch

Edited by Hugh Jass