Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

King of Limbs is so underrated. That stuff sounds insane live. Y’all just sleep on techno Thom.

I've defended the record for years and agree that some of those songs are immense live, but I've finally had to admit that the actual recording...was not good. It's got a weird digital harshness to it, the songs just don't breath like they should.

Take Lotus Flower on the record Vs at Glasto. I thought they'd done a drastic new arrangement, I was so blown away, but they didn't, it just sounded so much better - the way it was played, the way it was mixed, everything but the actual arrangement made it feel 1000% more vital. I kind of hope they revisit KOL as a live album one day.

Separator sounds good though.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

@stuartbert two hats  yeah lotus flower sounded insane at Glastonbury. I think that the whole album was meant to be played loud.

Would it be right to call the album unfinished? Or just falling short of the production mark? 

Their performance of Bloom Coachella 2012 sounded insane. Not sure if there’s any videos of it knocking about on YouTube anymore, as most Coachella archive stuff is taken down / pay walled now.

Just now, Matt42 said:

@stuartbert two hats  yeah lotus flower sounded insane at Glastonbury. I think that the whole album was meant to be played loud.

Would it be right to call the album unfinished? Or just falling short of the production mark? 

Their performance of Bloom Coachella 2012 sounded insane. Not sure if there’s any videos of it knocking about on YouTube anymore, as most Coachella archive stuff is taken down / pay walled now.

Falling short, not unfinished. Ideally it would be rerecorded entirely, but in practice that could be in place of another proper album, that's why I'd like a live album.

Actually, I keep forgetting there's a From The Basement version, but from memory, they've improved the songs more since then. I need to give it another listen.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Falling short, not unfinished. Ideally it would be rerecorded entirely, but in practice that could be in place of another proper album, that's why I'd like a live album.

Actually, I keep forgetting there's a From The Basement version, but from memory, they've improved the songs more since then. I need to give it another listen.

I guess they redeemed themselves a hella lot with fans with A Moon Shaped Pool. It’s ranked 4 in my list.

In Rainbows 

Kid A 

Ok Computer 

A Moon Shaped Pool 

Hail to the Thief 

The Bends 

Amnesiac 

The King of Limbs 

Pablo Honey

13 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Go on then....

In Rainbows

Kid A

OK Computer 

The Bends

Hail To The Thief 

AMSP

Amnesiac

TKOL

Pablo Honey 

Was gonna do one of my own but this is where I’d rank them all myself at the moment as well, although as time’s gone on I’ve found myself going back to Amnesiac a lot less and TKOL a lot more so could possibly switch them around, until I listen to Amnesiac later today and change my mind again. 

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Was gonna do one of my own but this is where I’d rank them all myself at the moment as well, although as time’s gone on I’ve found myself going back to Amnesiac a lot less and TKOL a lot more so could possibly switch them around, until I listen to Amnesiac later today and change my mind again. 

Pyramid Song, Knives Out, and I might be wrong are my favourites from Amnesiac but I don’t really listen to the rest of the album.

Remember that to me, even the worst Radiohead albums are better than some bands best efforts.

Appalled to see Amnesiac suddenly getting a load flak.

That might be their tightest record, and one of their most interesting/varied. You've got some absolute stone cold classics on there as well. It's one of their most listenable records IMO. I'd rank it 4th!

I've posted here a while now and talked about Radiohead length and never done one of these lists. I now feel, given the current climate, it is appropriate to do so 

In Rainbows 
Kid A 
A Moon Shaped Pool 
Hail to the Thief 
OK Computer 
The King of the Limbs
The Bends
Amnesiac  
Pablo Honey