Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

2 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Probably Australia/South America/Asia. Think they've already done their European thing.

Yeah agree. Don't see them touring back over here for a few years. Already done two (albeit brief) joints over here now.

Edited by FloorFiller

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah agree. Don't see them touring back over here for a few years. Already done two (albeit brief) joints over here now.

Maybe a 2009 Reading style money spinner? Isle of Wight perhaps?

or even BST in Hyde park, though hopefully not!! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

6 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

They are, yeah. But I'm not sure three gigs at the Roundhouse, Glastonbury, Old Trafford and Glasgow constitutes a UK tour. Would love a couple more dates over here next year, or some easily accessible on the continent

Radiohead are barely doing 'proper' tours anymore, it's always some random dates around.

7 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

Radiohead are barely doing 'proper' tours anymore, it's always some random dates around.

I wonder if their management may try and persuade them to keep the momentum going 

Watching some of that Glasgow show - got to say, I can see why that song isn't played more often from Thom's performance. Big change from Nude before it where he sounds wonderful as ever, to The Bends where he's all over the place and doesn't even try to hit the notes. Shame really - sounds great instrumentally obviously, and I bet it wouldn't bother you in the crowd.

So coming to the end of the AMSP era - where do we go from here? What do we hope for from the band going forward?

My wish list includes:

- wishful thinking but I hope the AFP stuff is fairly brief. It's fun stuff but ultimately its one of things delaying Radiohead getting back in the studio (not to mention using up Thom songwriting ideas). 

- I hope Ed does a proper tour of his solo record. I like the idea of him being the George Harrison of the band with hidden solo talents. He's a very versatile musician and already has the best stage presence out of anyone in the band so far more interested about this than anything Thom does.

- I either want them to do something a bit weird again or to do something in a similar vein as In Rainbows (but with a different sound of course). AMSP was really good generally but understandably one of their most "depressing" albums given what happened in Thom's life. He seems happier these days so on one hand an accessible record with plenty of light to match the shade could be great. Or just them going off on a complete tangent and leaving us with a record that will be really rewarding to get into but sound five times as good live (AMSP didnt really improve that much live bar a few songs). The album TKOL could have been.

- A road test tour given almost certainly the new album will have a lot of stuff that hasn't been tried live before.

- A proper tour in Europe and not just scattered dates here and there with loads of festivals! The US has had far more proper gigs of late.

That's about all I can think of for now...

6 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

- I hope Ed does a proper tour of his solo record. I like the idea of him being the George Harrison of the band with hidden solo talents. He's a very versatile musician and already has the best stage presence out of anyone in the band so far more interested about this than anything Thom does.

was thinking this, and how funny it would be. Hope he plays the like of the Brudenell 

14 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

So coming to the end of the AMSP era - where do we go from here? What do we hope for from the band going forward?

My wish list includes:

- wishful thinking but I hope the AFP stuff is fairly brief. It's fun stuff but ultimately its one of things delaying Radiohead getting back in the studio (not to mention using up Thom songwriting ideas). 

- I either want them to do something a bit weird again or to do something in a similar vein as In Rainbows (but with a different sound of course). AMSP was really good generally but understandably one of their most "depressing" albums given what happened in Thom's life. He seems happier these days so on one hand an accessible record with plenty of light to match the shade could be great. Or just them going off on a complete tangent and leaving us with a record that will be really rewarding to get into but sound five times as good live (AMSP didnt really improve that much live bar a few songs). The album TKOL could have been.

- A road test tour given almost certainly the new album will have a lot of stuff that hasn't been tried live before.

- A proper tour in Europe and not just scattered dates here and there with loads of festivals! The US has had far more proper gigs of late.

That's about all I can think of for now...

Brain fart here, what's AFP?