Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

You could tell even when walking about that it was nowhere near as busy as The Stone Roses there in 2013. The crowd never felt packed either, always a bit of space around you. 

Radiohead were the most highlighted band on the clashfinder for it too which perhaps doesn't bode well for Biffy based on this

IMG_3286.PNG.9a630dac05f936e1de4d4bf28ec94bda.PNG

Such a daft move by TRNSMT. Loads of people coming will be folk in the suburbs/other towns who don't want to fork out for a taxi home. That shite JP Cooper could have been cut to allow for an earlier finish. There will be almost no one who decided to buy their ticket on the strength of him being there.  

Overall for me was some way off Manchester or Glasto. Was 2nd/3rd row for all three (as were the two people I was with) and we all thought the band were nowhere near as into it today. Thom spat pretty forcefully early on which we initially thought was part of the act, then he said "some people man, some fucking people" and flicked a middle finger at a section of the crowd. Was probably down to the Palestine protesters. I know he's not been much of a chatter but he interacted far less than usual.

At Manchester Colin nudged Jonny to get on the piano for the Karma Police singalong and they all stayed on til the end and said their goodbyes. Last night Colin did the same but Jonny just walked off stage. The band were messing and joking around loads more in Manchester, almost none of that last night. 

Whether that translated into their performance or our perceptions of their performance I don't know, maybe a bit of both. Reckoner was a treat and so glad to hear it and much of the set still sounded great. But would've been nice for 2-3 more changes from MCR - National Anthem, My Iron Lung, Exit Music have all been played recently. And out of all the songs to drop Airbag shouldn't have been one.

Have heard mixed things about the crowd, mostly decent but with a few isolated major dickheads where I was. I did like the "Here we, here we, here we fucking go" chants just as the alarm bit kicked off in Idioteque though! 

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

You could tell even when walking about that it was nowhere near as busy as The Stone Roses there in 2013. The crowd never felt packed either, always a bit of space around you. 

Radiohead were the most highlighted band on the clashfinder for it too which perhaps doesn't bode well for Biffy based on this

IMG_3286.PNG.9a630dac05f936e1de4d4bf28ec94bda.PNG

Biffy will finish considerably earlier. So shouldn't be the same issues with last trains/buses I dont think? 

There's not much of a second stage too I don't think. Pretty much everyone there will be watching the headliner on the main stage I'd have thought. Maybe it just means Radiohead fans are more likely to use the clash finder. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surprisingly for Radiohead their three U.K. shows have been pretty static in terms of set lists. About about 90% similar with two or three changes.

All been huge gigs/festivals with tons of non-die hards no doubt in attendance. The second Manchester show that never was would've undoubtedly had a pretty different setlist full of more obscure stuff, but alas it never was. A wise move on their part I guess - don't think they could've really risked fucking about setlist-wise at any of the three shows without pissing a lot of people off/having tons of people leaving (moreso).

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Myxomatosis still shouldn't have made the cut. It did a decent job of flatlining the vibe.

One of their most raucous post-OK Computer songs (especially live) so find it odd that it seems to be getting such a poor reaction at most of their shows. Guess most people exploring Radiohead don't bother with HTTT so it's album tracks are lost on them. Thom being meme-worthy weird when they play it live maybe also has something to do with it.

Edited by FloorFiller

1 hour ago, arcade fireman said:

Thom spat pretty forcefully early on which we initially thought was part of the act, then he said "some people man, some fucking people" and flicked a middle finger at a section of the crowd. Was probably down to the Palestine protesters. I know he's not been much of a chatter but he interacted far less than usual.

That's interesting, I did hear that comment but didn't see the spit or the finger. You might be right about the protesters although I did see Palestinian flags at Manchester also.

Overall I thought the crowd where I was (much further back than Manchester) was much more into it but definitely more dickheads.

Edited by cammie81

That crowd is probably an indication of why T had repeat bookings as well mind. Kasabian headlining tonight, and day tickets have sold out. They play TITP on every album tour.

3 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/883446600428916736/photo/1

People who were further back than me - were there really this many flags? I didn't see many because of where I was stood. 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/trnsmt-fans-were-waving-palestine-10758821

Seems like it.

2 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/883446600428916736/photo/1

People who were further back than me - were there really this many flags? I didn't see many because of where I was stood. 

I was to the right of this picture but most of those flags only lasted a song or two, a couple stayed up the whole time though.

I was impressed with the crowd. Was a few rows back from the front barrier and everyone was really into it. A heartening number of people significantly younger than me (40) included in that.

Festival itself was a decent enough set up, drinks prices aside. Living in Glasgow I hope it's done well enough to be on again next year. If I do go next year I'll be smuggling booze in though. £5 for an undrinkable lager? Pffffft.