Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

28 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Fair play on dropping Reckoner for a bit to be honest, it'll be back. Brilliant song but not the kind that needs to become an endless staple. But I got to see it last year so that distorts my perspective a little.

Yeah I saw it at The Roundhouse, so wasn't gutted by its omission at Glastonbury. But would have been otherwise.

I like these setlists, and Glastonbury was great, but I am looking forward to them coming back and mixing it up again with their own gigs.

Just now, strummer77 said:

Yeah I saw it at The Roundhouse, so wasn't gutted by its omission at Glastonbury. But would have been otherwise.

I like these setlists, and Glastonbury was great, but I am looking forward to them coming back and mixing it up again with their own gigs.

Yeah the two shows I've seen now have been proper crowd pleasing festival sets, would be great to see them do a weird one indoors somewhere now. But it'll be a while from the sound of it!

9 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

I reckon if they were gonna play MoW they'd have played it at their own show. I Promise does sound surprisingly good live but still I wish they had played the two ones from OKNOTOK we've been crying out for. 

Any ideas why they haven't played MoW or Lift then? I Promise seems like the one they'd find least interesting to play, surely?

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Any ideas why they haven't played MoW or Lift then? I Promise seems like the one they'd find least interesting to play, surely?

Before they played I Promise for the first time on this tour Thom made a comment that they shouldn't have left it off the album, so obviously fond of it. Possibly don't feel the same about the other two. Definitely thought at least one of the others would've gotten an airing on this tour though.

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

I read on atease someone said they'd asked for it at Main Square (?) and Thom said they hadn't practiced it. Not sure how accurate that is plus still doesn't explain why they didn't practice it...I think the simplest answer is "It's Radiohead"

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I Promise is crap and would be the worst thing on OKC by a mile if it had been left on. Lift and Man of War much much better, but they wouldn't really have fit it either.

Yeah not hard to see why they were all left off OK Computer. All sound like they'd fit in far more on The Bends than any of the albums that followed.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah not hard to see why they were all left off OK Computer. All sound like they'd fit in far more on The Bends than any of the albums that followed.

In hindsight the best thing would've been a double A side around 1999, that would've got the songs out to a wider audience and been played live fairly regularly since then. But I guess they were hoping they'd improve on them at some point. 

This Springsteen stuff reminds me of the 5-6 times I've seen Pearl Jam in arenas. PJ fans are just as crazy and show up just as early, with the same number system. What surprised me the most was how many people were watching literally every single one of Pearl Jam's shows an entire tour, travelling from city to city for several weeks. Gotta admire the commitment.

I really love how at Glastonbury you can show up an hour before a major headliner and get a great spot in the pit, then drink some rum (which you wouldn't be able to take into an arena) to get the proper buzz.