Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

7 minutes ago, 1waveydavey said:

My server doesn't like this and wont let me download? AM I doing something wrong? Clicked the slow download option.

I am technically illiterate, but I did exactly the same as you from my phone and it downloaded a zip file in about 10 mins, in which is all the tracks in mp3 form. Sorry I cant help! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

So how long do we reckon it'll be til the boys are back around? I'm expecting another long break of at least 5 years.

Someone on reddit said that Ed told them they were playing Brazil next year, so maybe a few shows next year but yeah, I'm not expecting new material for another 4/5 years.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Someone on reddit said that Ed told them they were playing Brazil next year, so maybe a few shows next year but yeah, I'm not expecting new material for another 4/5 years.

Ah fair enough, even then I wouldn't expect anything else in the UK. Glad I saw them a few times on this tour, happy with a decent gap now really.

Yeah I think one of the reasons I didn't enjoy last night as much as I sometimes do was the lack of the 4 year build up of anticipation I've always had in the past. As someone who generally only sees bands once per tour, it felt weird seeing them again so soon.

18 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

So how long do we reckon it'll be til the boys are back around? I'm expecting another long break of at least 5 years.

Yeah they are like Kayser Söze (not least because no one is entirely sure who they are), so you have to catch them while you can.  I reckoner thier next hibernation is upon us so it's back to talking about MacBusted and Del Amitri.

4 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Springsteen forum. I didn't get the Venn diagram overlap between the two fanbases at all until past week or so.

Ah, yeah I was talking to a woman in her 50s near the front of the queue at the Oslo gig and she told me the only fans she's met crazier than Radiohead fans are Springsteen fans. 

3 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Springsteen forum. I didn't get the Venn diagram overlap between the two fanbases at all until past week or so.

Venn diagrams are under utilised. I'd like to see one of efest users and no bones jones patrons.

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

still raging that they played All I Need at all the gigs around Glastonubry....but not at Glastonbury.

As I said previously, All I Need is my 4th favourite In Rainbows song (Jigsaw, Fishes, Reckoner) but I didn't think it was great live. Didn't convey the anger of that song appropriately for my liking.

25 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Ah, yeah I was talking to a woman in her 50s near the front of the queue at the Oslo gig and she told me the only fans she's met crazier than Radiohead fans are Springsteen fans. 

I'd say Pearl Jam fans arent far short of Springsteen, and definitely crazier than Radiohead fans.

Evidence

Item 1: The crazy queue list appears from time to time. Not quite as strict as the Springsteen queue rules, but certainly woe betide anyone who disobeys the list

Item 2:  Having a vigilante making sure everyone is standing where they should be standing is all kinds of crazy. Even seen arguments in a PJ crowd because someone behind in the queue ended up further forward because of the way the crowd were split up entering the venue, and that is UNACCEPTABLE. 

Edited by fowls

Hi 

I'm holding out hope for an 02/London show to finish the tour

i know they played three nights at the round house last year - but those weren't exactly accessable

anyone else feeling like me? Desperate to see them again

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah, it's the queuing system that marks the Springsteen devotees as streets ahead of just about anyone beyond peak period Grateful Dead.

Radiohead fans usually number back of fans hands in the queue, though this wasn't as apparent yesterday. But I'm sure Springsteen fans are a whole new level of crazy. 

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hi 

I'm holding out hope for an 02/London show to finish the tour

i know they played three nights at the round house last year - but those weren't exactly accessable

anyone else feeling like me? Desperate to see them again

Yes! And I only saw them last night!

I'm not getting my hopes up though.

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If they're not starting the queue a few days beforehand then they're rank amateurs, I'm afraid.

Springsteen kinda inherited that "tourhead" culture from the Dead, something only widely persued in last 10/12 years tho. In 2003 it was a piece of piss to get up the front for Bosstime.

The thing is, with The Employer I can vaguely understand it as he tends to get down amongst the crowd, and for folk with the early queue numbers they can spend a decent proportion of the gig hanging off his leg.

I'm not sure what the point is with a band as undemonstrative and distant as Radiohead.