Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Loved that tonight - was in the back bit because only two of us had front standing out of 6, but it was a great gig. I even got fake plastic trees which is my absolute favourite, and let down and lucky to open too! Loved hearing the bends especially knowing it hasn't been played for so long. 

There there in the near dark was beautiful...weird fishes and no surprises really got me tonight too

last time I saw most of the older (Loren popular) songs was 2008 so it's pretty nice to hear them again after so long, and after missing Glastonbury very happy with tonight's set 

55 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

I was about 10 rows from the very front middle and everyone was well into it. A Scottish guy promised to get naked during 2+2=5 but it (sadly?) didn't happen. 

That was me!!!!!! Haha. Great people in my area tonight.  

Outrageous set. The bends is my favourite song  (nostalgic reasons) so I was in dreamland. 

Just now, Oldredeyes said:

The Bends elevated tonight massively. I still can't believe they played it. 

The crowd did seem flat though. I was 5 rows from the front and half the people didn't seem the have a clue. 

Crowd really was quite shit. Thought with it being a gig of their own that they wouldn't have to worry about winning people over but seemed (by me, at least) that some people were just waiting for the 'hits' and weren't interested in the rest at all. 

Anybody in general admisson, how was the screen/view situation for you? Seemed like they had the w*nky visuals for a lot of it.

On 03/07/2017 at 0:17 AM, Rubber Soldier said:

@SwedgeAntilles and I could show you the delights of a Glasgow after party. We'll likely be exiting the Green to or mate's at the Gallowgate. Although I need to warn you, there may be setlist related weeping and hugging. 

And beard-stroking, don't forget that. 

5 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

That was me!!!!!! Haha. Great people in my area tonight.  

Outrageous set. The bends is my favourite song  (nostalgic reasons) so I was in dreamland. 

Haha oh my god! I'm the short ginger lady. Yeah the people around us were fab, you looked like you were having a good time, despite the lack of nudity!

20 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

Haha oh my god! I'm the short ginger lady. Yeah the people around us were fab, you looked like you were having a good time, despite the lack of nudity!

I was wearing the pink Floyd t-shirt, to confirm my identity. So weird to see you post that, what are the chances!?!

Cannot wait to see them in Glasgow now. I'd imagine the atmosphere will be better, however cannot see the setlist being topped.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

No Reckoner or HTDC but ah well - HTDC remains on my checklist. Last one of my 'must sees' to go! 

Check em out in Ireland someday if you get a chance and can They are near guaranteed to play it (HTDC) Always do due to the lyrics 

24 minutes ago, Oldredeyes said:

My iron lung, planet telex, black star and nice dream for Friday please. 

:lol: that is a nice dream! Nay feckin way bud

Edited by ThomThomDrum

I really enjoyed it, but the bulk of the main set felt like a 'not quite as good' version of glasto. Very similar setlist, and atmosphere was polite, but a bit flat. I think the set being in daylight, and the amount of people queuing outside contributed to this.

It got better and better as it went on though. The Bends - what a moment! And the crowd by then were pretty much begging them to come back out for a 3rd encore . I genuinely thought we might get How to Disappear Completely to close.

Also had a bit of a moment during Karma Police - flashbacks of Glasto and all that. Felt like I was applauding and singing for both of the performances as they were walking off.

4 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

I really enjoyed it, but the bulk of the main set felt like a 'not quite as good' version of glasto. Very similar setlist, and atmosphere was polite, but a bit flat. I think the set being in daylight, and the amount of people queuing outside contributed to this.

It got better and better as it went on though. The Bends - what a moment! And the crowd by then were pretty much begging them to come back out for a 3rd encore . I genuinely thought we might get How to Disappear Completely to close.

Also had a bit of a moment during Karma Police - flashbacks of Glasto and all that. Felt like I was applauding and singing for both of the performances as they were walking off.

I completely agree. 

Such an odd gig! My friend wanted to stay at the front so she could see, but we compromised on moving back after half hour. It was a good decision. Front had a really stiff crowd with hardly any singing, dancing or any sign off getting into it. The back of the circle had people chatting, but at least there were loads of loons dancing.

The inevitable comparisons to Glastonbury were at the back of my mind. To be honest, Manchester wasn't a patch on Glasto (the Lucky singsong was lacklustre at best, and there was no 15 step clap), but the encore with I Promise and The Bends was incredibly special. Maybe the darkness played into that though? I noticed a dramatically different atmosphere when the lights were more noticeable, but difficult to tell if that's because it was darker or because the hits are all in the second half? 

Let down made for a really strange opener. Not much of an intro to get the crowd going.

I was hoping for a dramatically different set to Glasto, ideally more from MSP, seeing as it was the only other show in England and they could have assumed a lot of people would be at both shows... Oh well

Criticisms aside, it was a decent show with a great stand out encore. If I hadn't been to Glasto I would have been made up for sure.

Also, were the OK Computer t-shirts Glastonbury only? They didn't seem to be selling them tonight.  

Edited by fowls

As I live a mile from the stadium I decided to go down and soak up the atmosphere outside. Ended up getting extremely cheap tickets from a tout outside and saw the last half in all it's glory. 

Due to the setlist it was hard not to compare with Glasto. Sound was nowhere near as good but at least I was able to see the band (and Thom grooving to Lotus Flower). compared to the view between the sound stages at the Pyramid. Still had a great time and The Bends was a treat

Great gig! As has been said, not quite Glasto (though I was feeling pretty Ill for the majority of the main set) BUT that second encore was absolutely amazing for me. I Promise was beautiful, really really enjoyed despite not being a big fan of the song on record and THE BENDS.. I lost my shit. Literally THE song that got me into RH. Probably one of my absolute favourite moments of the 3 times I've seen them. Knackered now though, had to take a few diversions back to York due to road closures, though amazingly managed to drive straight out of the car park without any queues!

Need to add, being a short arse I amazingly had a completely clear view of the stage for once 5 rows back on Jonny's side. winner!

Edited by Ipayne

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Anybody in general admisson, how was the screen/view situation for you? Seemed like they had the w*nky visuals for a lot of it.

Screens were absolutely shit. Had to go to right towards to back to see any of the stage, because closer towards the front standing railing all I could see were the backs of heads, which is normally when you expect the screens to help out. Was made worse by how boring those visuals were for the most part (Lotus Flower's were stunning though). 

I didn't mind the view from back there. 

Anyway, thought it was really good overall. Let Down was a nice surprise to open and All I Need sounded wonderful, but otherwise I felt was a bit flat for a while at the start. Then when they played EIIRP something clicked and everyone around me suddenly seemed way more into it. Was a good atmosphere and I enjoyed it a lot from that point onwards. 

Edited by bocumaroy

Performance wise that was better than Glastonbury. Without question. That's the best Thom's voice has sounded since AMSP came out I reckon. The atmosphere was incredible towards the end but even at the front the crowd didn't seem to engage until around EIIRP. Glastonbury wins out for the overall experience, but last night was better in terms of performance and setlist (although the Glasto setlist was better suited for that show).

30 minutes ago, jparx said:

Glastonbury wins out for the overall experience, but last night was better in terms of performance and setlist (although the Glasto setlist was better suited for that show).

I'd agree with you completely about experience and set list. Performance wise thought they were both great.

24 minutes ago, russycarps said:

How much of the gig was in darkness? I guess that's why they shifted daydreaming til towards the end.

I would so love to see them do I Promise.

Hopefully a decent bootleg appears for this one.

Probably the last two songs in almost darkness, encores in dusk (ish) 

21 minutes ago, russycarps said:

How much of the gig was in darkness? I guess that's why they shifted daydreaming til towards the end.

I would so love to see them do I Promise.

Hopefully a decent bootleg appears for this one.

Not too much - they came on at 8. Went off at 9:20 ish and it was still light. The 2nd encore was the only bit in darkness.

The biggest problem with the gig was the sound. It was far too quiet.  When was the last time a chant of "turn it up" happened at a gig?