Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I just assumed they'd be winding up at 11, same as pretty much every other gig I've ever seen in Glasgow? so didn't bother booking a hotel.......

I know they've been saying and now confirming it's 23.55 but still can't see it mate. Walked past the site today. Residents on all sides. Crazy finishing time if true. 

We will need to ditch the last 15minutes to catch the last train  :-(

Just watched Radiohead set and the flaming lips. The lips looked great fun but Waynes voice isn't great and watching the Radiohead set again confirms I made the right choice. It was better than I remember it and Thoms voice sounds great. Had to close the curtains as I couldn't stop myself getting up and dancing, how people can say they are boring and dreary is beyond me, There There into body snatchers, wow, I think it's overtaken Neil Young as my favourite set 

Still can't believe I've watched Radiohead headline the Pyramid stage and how magical it was. Sort of put a downer on the rest of the festival for me, cause it was impossible for any other bands to live up to Future Islands into Radiohead :/

Watched the concert again yesterday, and I've never experienced such excellence from start to finish, continually building and building into something bigger and better - each song following the last perfectly and creating this magnificent whole.

Shout out to the dudes from the band Goan Dogs, who screamed and danced as wildly as me during Myxomatosis. Highlight.

15 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Just watched Radiohead set and the flaming lips. The lips looked great fun but Waynes voice isn't great and watching the Radiohead set again confirms I made the right choice. It was better than I remember it and Thoms voice sounds great. Had to close the curtains as I couldn't stop myself getting up and dancing, how people can say they are boring and dreary is beyond me, There There into body snatchers, wow, I think it's overtaken Neil Young as my favourite set 

I didn't see the lips but they never come across well on the telly. If you had gone to see them it is 100% certain it would have been the highlight of your festival and I bet you wouldn't have regretted missing radiohead one bit.

That being said, radiohead were sensational from beginning to end. Flawless.

41 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Glasto the big winner that Friday night.

Well put. Don't regret Radiohead and I never will but Flaming Lips looked like the right choice against almost anyone else. I'd have happily seen Major Lazer too, and probably half a dozen concurrent acts

Off to Old Trafford tomorrow night. Driving over but have just seen the car parking is sold out at old Trafford football ground and no other info given. Been to the cricket ground loads and there's always car parks around. Does anyone know if these will still be about or is there just the one car park. 

Seem to remember The one love concert kept cars away from the venue. 

Dont know if I can make it on time if I don't drive.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I just assumed they'd be winding up at 11, same as pretty much every other gig I've ever seen in Glasgow? so didn't bother booking a hotel.......

@SwedgeAntilles and I could show you the delights of a Glasgow after party. We'll likely be exiting the Green to or mate's at the Gallowgate. Although I need to warn you, there may be setlist related weeping and hugging. 

2 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Just watched "Nude"...christ, he fucking nails it more than I appreciated at the time!

100% although it was amazing at the time. The respect given to it at that time was amazing. The cheer then silence. Magical.

BUT watching it on TV you see Thom enjoying it so much more which: 
1) showed the screens were wrong really-  but it wouldn't have mattered if
 2) its those flags. The flags in the pit get in the way and stop you seeing from further back. I've never been anti-flag, but there needs to be a compromise as it is getting silly!

Edited by strummer77

one thing i was surprised by was how it finished 10mins early?? Surely they could have either started the set at 10pm so day dreaming was done in the dark or played 1 or 2 more songs?!? Reckoner??!! 

I remember looking at my phone at it was 11.36. 

maybe a good thing as my brain couldnt handle anymore emotions! 

1 hour ago, danceonfire said:

Off to Old Trafford tomorrow night. Driving over but have just seen the car parking is sold out at old Trafford football ground and no other info given. Been to the cricket ground loads and there's always car parks around. Does anyone know if these will still be about or is there just the one car park. 

Dunno if the link will work but this might help 

7 hours ago, danceonfire said:

From what I have found, that sold car park is just old Trafford N2. This shows that N1 and E2 are also available https://beta.tfgm.com/maps/radiohead-information-map-04-07-17

Talbot road is shut for an hour after the concert so not sure what it will be like getting out of those car parks down there. So gonna try these car parks first