Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Yeah I just checked that yesterday as well. I hadn't really considered the weather factor tbh. The person I'm going with isn't the biggest fan in the first place, and if she gets drenched for 3 hours it's hardly going to be a great experience :lol:

Yeah I'd kind of forgotten that it was outdoors... shite. Guess we got lucky with it being completely dry for them at Glastonbury so it was maybe too much to ask that luck strikes twice. Will be even madder if it ends up being really sunny on the Wednesday.

Anybody know the timeline (if there even is one) for Manchester Arena being sorted? Got Nick Cave there later in the year so wondering if that's gonna have to get re-jigged as well.

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I'd kind of forgotten that it was outdoors... shite. Guess we got lucky with it being completely dry for them at Glastonbury so it was maybe too much to ask that luck strikes twice. Will be even madder if it ends up being really sunny on the Wednesday.

Anybody know the timeline (if there even is one) for Manchester Arena being sorted? Got Nick Cave there later in the year so wondering if that's gonna have to get re-jigged as well.

They're working to a timeline of early September. 

Just a question for Manchester folk/anyone who's been to LCCC before:

Am I right in thinking that the majority of car parking for the cricket ground is at Old Trafford (Man Utd)? Can't seem to find much about parking at the LCCC itself

5 minutes ago, Ipayne said:

Just a question for Manchester folk/anyone who's been to LCCC before:

Am I right in thinking that the majority of car parking for the cricket ground is at Old Trafford (Man Utd)? Can't seem to find much about parking at the LCCC itself

Yep there's no parking at LCCC itself, have to book through Old Trafford

30 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Anyone heard what times are for Glasgow?

Nope but curfew is 23:55 and they have a full set so I reckon they'll be on about 21:15 and get two and a half hours. Should be dark for most of the set hopefully. 

While we're on the Glasgow gig, you can get half price tickets for it on resale websites if anything fancies it.

23 minutes ago, russycarps said:

:lol:

It's a tough one to rank in terms of pyramid headliners. Up there with blur for me, but not quite at the heights of macca/bowie.

Travis still miles out in front, obvs.

What did you think of the Stones? That always ranks highly on my imaginary list

3 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Not sure but looks like its sold out online now

Just found the link to it, yeah not showing anything available. Thank you anyway! Looks like there's more than N2 open so I'll just try there anyway. Cheers! ^_^

Re Manchester - I'm staying in the Travelodge at Sale and thinking of getting the bus to the show. Are the buses to and from pretty regular at 11 pm or should I drive and park? Also what's the food and drink options like inside the ground? Sorry for the questions - never been to Manchester before! 

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

:lol:

It's a tough one to rank in terms of pyramid headliners. Up there with blur for me, but not quite at the heights of macca/bowie.

Travis still miles out in front, obvs.

I now have it at 4 on the list. Better than Neil.

Didnt quite reach the emotio-psych armageddon heights and depths of Travis, tho, agreed.

:rofl:

1 hour ago, strummer77 said:

What did you think of the Stones? That always ranks highly on my imaginary list

Forgot all about them! They were flipping brill. Right up there for me.

36 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I now have it at 4 on the list. Better than Neil.

Didnt quite reach the emotio-psych armageddon heights and depths of Travis, tho, agreed.

:rofl:

The other good thing about this year's radiohead set is it will be a great tool in future years for finding out whether or not it's worth pursuing a conversation about music with someone.

'What did you think of radiohead 17?'

'Boring shite'

'Seeya cloth ears!'

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Forgot all about them! They were flipping brill. Right up there for me.

Yeah I think they just pip this Radiohead set, but mainly because...

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

The other good thing about this year's radiohead set is it will be a great tool in future years for finding out whether or not it's worth pursuing a conversation about music with someone.

'What did you think of radiohead 17?'

'Boring shite'

'Seeya cloth ears!'

Until around Exit Music there were too many of these people around me which slightly hampered my pure enjoyment of the set that came after this point.

Edited by strummer77