Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

So happy!! After all the mess around with the cancellation of my Waste tickets, they have offered me Front Standing tickets and refunding my General Admission ones. So I'm not a mile away on Tuesday after all, see you all in there guys! :D

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Ipayne said:

So happy!! After all the mess around with the cancellation of my Waste tickets, they have offered me Front Standing tickets and refunding my General Admission ones. So I'm not a mile away on Tuesday after all, see you all in there guys! :D

Awesome dude, glad you got that sorted!

Finally watched this back last night. Didn't cry as I thought I would but what a set. Felt like something special for sure and my first proper time seeing them (not counting that Park secret set which I couldn't see or hear!), which felt right on the Pyramid. Was pretty much perfect. And so nice to finally see what was going on onstage!! 

30 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Nothing to do with anything going on currently with Radiohead, but I stumbled across this today and had to share:

That hair! Thom is really channelling David bowie's labyrinth look. 

Edited by barkley87

Also watched it back last night, disappointed in the audio mix which makes it come across very messy in places!

I know that the audio will be mixed very differently for the TV output than it would for a huge outdoor PA, but oh my days does the BBC coverage sound bad. Was a lot tighter sounding where I was stood, in fact it sounded amazing (once it got a bit louder). The audio on the TV coverage is not very flattering at all. Bit of a shame really.

Just now, Junglist1981 said:

Also watched it back last night, disappointed in the audio mix which makes it come across very messy in places!

I know that the audio will be mixed very differently for the TV output than it would for a huge outdoor PA, but oh my days does the BBC coverage sound bad. Was a lot tighter sounding where I was stood, in fact it sounded amazing (once it got a bit louder). The audio on the TV coverage is not very flattering at all. Bit of a shame really.

Never enough bottom end on the BBC mixes. On Jagwar Ma's 2016 Park video, you can only tell when the bass has dropped by watching for when the crowd stick their hands in the air.

Just on the off chance, I don't suppose any of you guys who were in the front pen happened to pick up a lovely tarp hat off the floor after the set? Somewhere kinda centre-left? Noticed I'd lost it when we got to the cider bus afterward, by the time we got back to look for it it'd gone :( 

I really hope they do a road test tour for their next album. God knows what their next album will sound like - it'll need to be almost entirely made up of new songs since they've exhausted most of the unreleased vault so that's why a road test would make sense. It's the only way we'll get a tour in the next 3 years or so. As great as the gigs have been, the lack of quality indoor dates (certainly on this side of the Atlantic) has been a real shame. 

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Radiohead are going to be playing in daylight for most of their set!

UK fun police!  Apart from Glastonbury curfews make that the case in most venues. In all fairness if they'd chosen an outdoor venue originally it wouldn't have been early July but end of may or September presumably to make it darker but circumstances forced this one. 

My favourite band in my favourite place and I didnt get a ticket this year. Only just grown a pair big enough to watch it on iPlayer and Holy mother of God that was good. Big shit-eating grin at times listening to that but always with a bit of regret that I wasnt there. 

I saw them in 2003 on the Pyramid but dare I say this was better.

4 minutes ago, rumpola said:

My favourite band in my favourite place and I didnt get a ticket this year. Only just grown a pair big enough to watch it on iPlayer and Holy mother of God that was good. Big shit-eating grin at times listening to that but always with a bit of regret that I wasnt there. 

I saw them in 2003 on the Pyramid but dare I say this was better.

It was miles better than '03. Have a look at the setlists.

I've finally watched the whole thing back, not just individual tracks, and yeah...it was a bit fucking good wasn't it? I think it somehow surpassed the hype. I'm sure the casual audience will forget about it in a few months, but for Radiohead fans that was a legendary show.

Best Glastonbury set since portishead for me. Right down the front, surrounded by friends, tripping our tits off and feeling like we were part of something monumental. 

I've seen the hattrick of radiohead headline sets and this was as good as any of them. Set list wise the best bar none.

Thank the gods they pulled it off, or my depression at skipping the lips would have been off the scale.

Life affirming stuff.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

what a shit article of the pompous 'I'm a music journalist and can go to more gigs than you' attitude

Edited by Chawk