Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

4 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Just been reading the reviews of the set online and everyone is in agreement that is what Radiohead do best - trancendental, frustrating and beautiful.

The review in The Times has upset me though. I missed House of Cards and Climbing Up The Walls! And, apparently, Lucky was the opening aong :unsure:

IMG_3016.PNG

don't think that is legit. far too many ridiculous errors and from a quick google i can't find this article

3 hours ago, Brumbot said:

Best gig I've ever been to hands down. With the XX preceding them I don't think I've seen a better 3+ hours of live music. 15 step and 2+2 were incredible. 

And Royal Blood before them. 

Just feel that Festivals often work like a Test cricket bowling attack.

Individual performances built on the pressure created by the whole squad.

The platform laid down by RB and The XX allowed Radiohead to burst through the threshold to the sublime.

My brother in law, who is a casual to moderate fan, said it was the best experience in his life!

We work together and felt inspired by that performance and the whole festival to take our performance to a whole new level for our clients.

Hmm. Was looking forward to this but was disappointed, though not the band's fault. Was caught in a bit of a crush at the front and needed to get my girlfriend out during Airbag. Took us about 6 songs to get out (got out for Exit Music) which was then ruined by arseholes singing unrelated songs at the top of their voice. Had to move several times over the next couple of songs and didn't get settled until EIIRP, quite far back. Even then Let Down sounded shite, and the visuals weren't helping!

Sounded great from about There There on though! If only the whole set was as loud as Creep!

1 hour ago, Ipayne said:

Got a response from Waste that my survey didn't go through properly and my tickets have been refunded for Manchester!! so so annoyed. I have to either wait until tomorrow to find out whether I can get an allocation for Front Standing tickets now or buy General admission (standing miles back), proper put a dampener on my excitement now

Fuck, really? I didn't even do the survey because I couldn't work it out and I don't seem to have had my tickets cancelled?

9 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Fuck, really? I didn't even do the survey because I couldn't work it out and I don't seem to have had my tickets cancelled?

I only found out because I had a problem in regards to the email I used to order originally. I know Waste tickets for those who transferred are being sent out on Friday, have you heard anything about your tickets? May be worth messaging Sandbag just for peace of mind, the lack of confirmation emails and what not is what has fucked it for me. Could have been avoided if it was acknowledged that the survey was received

Just now, Ipayne said:

I only found out because I had a problem in regards to the email I used to order originally. I know Waste tickets for those who transferred are being sent out on Friday, have you heard anything about your tickets? May be worth messaging Sandbag just for peace of mind, the lack of confirmation emails and what not is what has fucked it for me. Could have been avoided if it was acknowledged that the survey was received

Nah haven't heard anything but I got an email today saying all cancelled tickets have been refunded and I've not had a refund.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Nah haven't heard anything but I got an email today saying all cancelled tickets have been refunded and I've not had a refund.

My refund hasn't come through yet, I was told it takes around 2 weeks to show up. So I would check just for peace of mind man! Sorry if this has worried you

Was absolutely heartbroken. The setlist was perfect but due to a series of comedy errors we got caught quite a way back. The band were drowned out by people talking and the images on the screens made it very hard to see what was going on. I just felt so disconnected. It did get better when the big songs came, the volume went up and everyone shut up but it was a bit late by then. I am so glad that we have Manchester tickets!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ipayne said:

My refund hasn't come through yet, I was told it takes around 2 weeks to show up. So I would check just for peace of mind man! Sorry if this has worried you

Oh for fuck's sake. Well to answer your previous question nah I haven't heard anything about tickets due to the weird no confirmation email thing. Will be annoyed if my tickets have been cancelled; what a shite way they dealt with it.

44 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

And Royal Blood before them. 

Just feel that Festivals often work like a Test cricket bowling attack.

Individual performances built on the pressure created by the whole squad.

The platform laid down by RB and The XX allowed Radiohead to burst through the threshold to the sublime.

My brother in law, who is a casual to moderate fan, said it was the best experience in his life!

We work together and felt inspired by that performance and the whole festival to take our performance to a whole new level for our clients.

Yes, agreed. I said I'd never stay on the Pyramid stage all day but this was an exception. Was there from midday to midnight on one toilet visit during Kris K who was certainly, with respect, missable. The RB, XX, Radiohead ha trick was sublime; probably my greatest ever musical experience. 

Thought it was incredible, without a doubt one of the best performances I've seen. I was pretty close to the front, so the screens weren't an issue, and the crowd around me were all well into it. We had moshpits for 2+2=5 and Paranoid Android, and some attempted pogoing to EIIRP! The last hour or so was just unreal. I was fairly plastered by the end, but I can't believe they played all those incredible songs one after another. Can't wait to watch it again on iPlayer.

I mentioned this in the top 5 acts thread, but surely this is about as divisive as Pyramid headliners get. I can't think of any while I've been going (since 2013) who so many people have simultaneously found transcendent and shit. I guess maybe Kanye, although I was under the impression that the weight of opinion erred on the side of shit for him.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Was absolutely heartbroken. The setlist was perfect but due to a series of comedy errors we got caught quite a way back. The band were drowned out by people talking and the images on the screens made it very hard to see what was going on. I just felt so disconnected. It did get better when the big songs came, the volume went up and everyone shut up but it was a bit late by then. I am so glad that we have Manchester tickets!

Queue up early for Manchester if you can. The front standing section must be quite big if it is designed to accommodate so many people with Tues/Weds tickets and the ground itself is flat with not the best sound. 

Just now, donkeykong said:

Through Waste, yeah - email from Sandbag. Three business days for refund to come through apparently.

Oh right, I think I read the 2 weeks thing from the start of processing then. Cheers, I haven't received anything due to email confusion so only spoke to customer services who said I have been refunded, cheers for that

Made sure I got a spot fairly near the front and was blown away.  Left my mates to Get down there on my own,   

My 11th Glastonbury and always the band I had never seen headline. 

Best I've ever seen them play.  All the hits live at glastonbury. 

Fake plastic trees was goosebumps

2 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Queue up early for Manchester if you can. The front standing section must be quite big if it is designed to accommodate so many people with Tues/Weds tickets and the ground itself is flat with not the best sound. 

How easy do you think it'll be to get near the front? I have never been to this stadium and this is my first radiohead gig - I fear the front standing will have about 20k people in it. 

Glastonbury looked unreal ti me on TV.  Started greeting (crying) during the 3rd verse of FPT

f5f05f88-74bd-4216-b032-275751059d82.jpg

This is the layout for the gig.  So the front standing looks like maybe 25-30% of the total standing area.  Queueing will certainly help, but it doesn't look *that* deep in the grand scheme of things.

I'll see how my friends feel, but I was 3rd row at Glasto so don't mind hanging back a bit this time round.  One friend is a MEGA fan who's never seen them before, so I'll go with his vote.  He's definitely going to cry!

Edited by fowls