Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

May as well add my two cents.. as a kind of neutral further back.  They/he started off quite poor.  If you were a fan and near the front you would probably have been dazzled by the spectacle (much like I was for gorillaz 2010, but look back on iPlayer and I think you'll spot his vocals we're spotty and the band mix was iffy.  Thom was frequently rushing his lines.

that said after about 30 mins it got as good as you would expect and was really enjoyable, so I'm really glad I stuck it out

It was pretty incredible based on the BBC feed. I can see what people mean with regards to the screens though. Very surprised by the lack of AMSP as others have said, fully expected Identikit to get an airing. 

Hoping for Manchester it's somewhere between the Dublin setlist and tonights. 

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

So good! Absolute banger fest from start to finish. I'm absolutely fucked and may have had a little cry.

Glad you enjoyed FloorF. No idea what you all look like but chose to believe that everyone balling their eyes out on the front row were the regulars in this thread :D

Just back to the tent. 

As a casual fan, I feel that was all that could ever be asked for, and more.

Idioteque onwards was a masterclass, both musically and setlist wise.

Thom held up pretty well after a touch of a shaky start. Agree he was spotty somewhat. 

The encores were ludicrously good.

Creep probably sealed the deal for those on the fence.

And yes, I cried during Fake Plastic Trees. In fact, I dropped to my knees and wailed. Possibly my most emotionally fulfilling musical moment of the year. 

The drawbacks? No Reckoner and sound was a bit off first few songs. Also was in an area where traffic was heavy and interest passing. But aside from that, pretty grand. 

Thanks guys for sharing in this.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Who is actually trying to say that was bad 

The majority of social media, sadly. I actually enjoyed it a lot, but if this was their chance to cement their place as legends beyond the nerdsphere, they blew it by not spreading those encore songs out throughout the main set. Ah well.

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

Glad you enjoyed FloorF. No idea what you all look like but chose to believe that everyone balling their eyes out on the front row were the regulars in this thread :D

Was stood next to a group of lads who were talking about watching setlists like a hawk and did wonder if they were fellow efesters. Didn't wanna ask though, cause,y'know, might've been weird/my jaw was resting on my shoe. 

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Sceptical as to whether they'll ever headline again tbh. Unless they're still going strong in their 70s and come back and do a Rolling Stones esque legendary set

See your point but they're young enough to yet go full circle and start putting out populist stuff again, if they wanted to. Dunno. 

27 minutes ago, uscore said:

If you didn't like that set then you'll never like Radiohead. It was fantastic 

That's a silly thing to say. I assume you're wrapped up in the moment. I'm a big Radiohead fan but that set didn't do much for me. From my perspective it felt indulgent and dull. There wasn't anything in the way of connection and I was left non plussed, as were almost everyone around me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have to say as a casual fan I was sat down for at least half of the first hour of the set. The second hour was amazing though! It's a shame about the screens, a lot of people around me left quite early on because of them.

And, although Creep isn't my favourite Radiohead song, I was very very happy when they played it!! 

I cried like a baby during Fake Plastic Trees.

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Even without Reckoner (not only my favourite song of theirs but in general) that was my favourite set I've ever seen. Was very close to the front and seeing my favourite band for the first time at my favourite festival was a brilliant experience.

Aye no Reckoner is bit crap and I would've much prefered it over Creep, but still, small nitpicking over what was a ludicrously good set. Can't wait to see them again in a couple of weeks (where they will play Reckoner!)