Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Greenwood Senior on 6Music there saying that they're not going to be bringing any strings / orchestral accompaniment at the G.

Likely rules out Burn the Witch then? Its general absence since the beginning of Europe spoke volumes but guessing it would have been a likely contender had the band had strings in.

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

So glad Burn the Witch has been ditched. Great track but it's obviously a dirge live without strings.

Now if they could just see sense and bin off Desert Island Disk for Present Tense/Decks Dark.

^ this

I wouldn't be surprised if HTDC gets an airing as it has as much to do with the run of gigs in an around Glastonbury 20 years ago as Dublin itself. 

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Likely rules out Burn the Witch then? Its general absence since the beginning of Europe spoke volumes but guessing it would have been a likely contender had the band had strings in.

It's actually been sounding pretty good when they played it this tour. Much better than 2016.

11 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Low quality recordings of Lift and Big Boots have been leaked - apparently someone recorded it from a session listening. Up to you if you want to listen....

Never one to resist a leak and the sound's not terrible. Lift doesn't quite have the punch I imagined it having but still great. Man of War sounding amazing.

37 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

First impressions from the shoddy leaks - Lift not quite as big as it sounded live but still nice. Man Of War is massive and ridiculous and I love it, even if it is a little... how do I put this, a little Musey.

Wasn't gonna bother listening but I'm gonna have to now.

Edit: Appears to have been removed now, oh well. Someone said in that Radiohead WhatsApp that OKNOTOK was being sold at Best Kept Secret so surely we'll get a proper leak soon?

Edited by Will-2609

15 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Wasn't gonna bother listening but I'm gonna have to now.

Edit: Appears to have been removed now, oh well. Someone said in that Radiohead WhatsApp that OKNOTOK was being sold at Best Kept Secret so surely we'll get a proper leak soon?

Yeah it is basically made for you tbh

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Thank you bossman !

Tasty. Hope it's like good Radioheady Muse like Coma.

Oh yeah, it's that kind of style just very very bombastic and over the top. That moment towards the end where it all goes very sensitive then suddenly bursts back in with massive guitars, piano and strings is pure Muse cheese.

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

Oh yeah, it's that kind of style just very very bombastic and over the top. That moment towards the end where it all goes very sensitive then suddenly bursts back in with massive guitars, piano and strings is pure Muse cheese.

Fuck me I just listened that is so Muse.

Tune, though.

10 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Ah Lift sounds great. I thought that organ/synthy bit was someone wailing over the top of the track at first lmao.

Exactly what I thought ha. 

Lift is more ballad-ey like Fake Plastic Trees when I thought it was gonna be more epic similar to Lucky. Not a bad thing, just definitely not how the Pinkpop video made it sound, and I've spent a lot of time with that Pinkpop video