Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Question (which has possibly already been answered/should be directed towards the ticket people instead): bought tickets to both gigs. My friend now wants to come - reckon I'll be able to transfer a ticket over to him/just ask that both tickets remain and bring him with me?

14 minutes ago, fowls said:

I wonder if there'll be a proper UK tour next year? 2 nights at the arena was odd, but having just the one show for the entire UK is even odder (even if it was unintentional).

That recent interview seemed to confirm that there would be no more AMSP dates announced and they're done touring the album. 

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Question (which has possibly already been answered/should be directed towards the ticket people instead): bought tickets to both gigs. My friend now wants to come - reckon I'll be able to transfer a ticket over to him/just ask that both tickets remain and bring him with me?

Hoping the same. I've got two for both gigs for me and the gf. So wondering whether they'll give me two extra for the event or just refund me the additional 2

Reckon their show at the Emirates could look a bit as thus.

1. Daydreaming
2. Desert Island Disk
3. My Iron Lung
4. Ful Stop
5. 15 Step
6. The National Anthem
7. Seperator
8. No Surprises
9. Like Spinning Plates
10. Bloom
11. The Numbers
12. The Gloaming
13. Weird Fishes
14. Climbing Up the Walls
15. Everything in its Right Place
16. Idioteque
17. Creep

18. Myxomatosis
19. Present Tense
20. Nude
21. Lotus Flower
22. Paranoid Android

23. You and Whose Army?
24. Karma Police.

Don't reckon Creep will come out at Glasto but envision it could surface here. The rest is pretty much a mix of the two shows at the Shrine last year - feeling that the Emirates could be somewhere between festival friendly and typically opaque.

As I'm not going, I'm not truly invested in it - unless FPT is skipped at Glastonbury and surfaces here. Then I'll be indescribably raging and sobbing.

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Reckon their show at the Emirates could look a bit as thus.

1. Daydreaming
2. Desert Island Disk
3. My Iron Lung
4. Ful Stop
5. 15 Step
6. The National Anthem
7. Seperator
8. No Surprises
9. Like Spinning Plates
10. Bloom
11. The Numbers
12. The Gloaming
13. Weird Fishes
14. Climbing Up the Walls
15. Everything in its Right Place
16. Idioteque
17. Creep

18. Myxomatosis
19. Present Tense
20. Nude
21. Lotus Flower
22. Paranoid Android

23. You and Whose Army?
24. Karma Police.

Don't reckon Creep will come out at Glasto but envision it could surface here. The rest is pretty much a mix of the two shows at the Shrine last year - feeling that the Emirates could be somewhere between festival friendly and typically opaque.

As I'm not going, I'm not truly invested in it - unless FPT is skipped at Glastonbury and surfaces here. Then I'll be indescribably raging and sobbing.

Why wouldn't Creep come out at GF?

I'm mega excited and all and I can't wait to hear them, but I'm massively over worrying about their setlist. That 1-17, if that was at GF I think I'd be pretty fucking gutted to be honest! Some severe ommisions at the expense of tunes that would not come across well on the Pyramid.

(I'm aware this is just your prediction for Emirates - I'm just thinking hypothetically :D )

Edited by Stokesy10

6 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Why wouldn't Creep come out at GF?

I'm mega excited and all and I can't wait to hear them, but I'm massively over worrying about their setlist. That 1-17, if that was at GF I think I'd be pretty fucking gutted to be honest! Some severe ommisions at the expense of tunes that would not come across well on the Pyramid.

(I'm aware this is just your prediction for Emirates - I'm just thinking hypothetically :D )

Because it's Radiohead :D I'm expecting most of the defining classics - Street Spirit, Karma Police, Paranoid Android, - to definitely feature. But I'm also expecting one or two of them to be excluded - Creep amongst them. So I could see it turning up at the Emirates. (Re: this point - I have the terrible feeling that it'll be FPT left out at Glastonbury and that's making me physically sick haha. Rather Creep than that.)

And definitely, that seventeen is pretty... non-Pyramid-friendly, one might say. I have this -
1 Daydreaming
2 Lucky
3 Ful Stop
4 15 Step
5 Airbag
6 Bloom
7 There There
8 Pyramid Song
9 Bodysnatchers
10 Let Down
11 Identikit
12 Myxomatosis
13 Everything In Its Right Place
14 The Numbers
15 Idioteque
16 Nude
17 Reckoner

18 I Promise
19 No Surprises
20 Fake Plastic Trees
21 Paranoid Android
22 Karma Police

23 You and Whose Army?
24 Street Spirit (Fade Out)

- as my Glasto set. Which is roughly 70% realism, 25% wishful thinking and 5% "FPT must be a special Glasto moment, surely?" in my mindset. :D I feel this is a bit more palatable!

• Upvote 1

Apologies for the double post too, but it's not too shabby a setlist underway in Florence!

1 Daydreaming
2 DID
3 Ful Stop
4 Airbag
5 15 Step
6 Myxomatosis
7 Lucky
8 Pyramid Song
9 EIIRP
10 Let Down
11 Bloom
12 Weird Fishes

That wouldn't be a half-bad collection a week on Friday!

EDIT: Could be gremlins on Setlist.fm now though, as Weird Fishes has been replaced by Electioneering, Nude and Lift.

EDIT 2: And back to Weird Fishes with Idioteque. Definitely gremlins.

Edited by DownboundTrain52
Setlist addition

2 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

Hoping the same. I've got two for both gigs for me and the gf. So wondering whether they'll give me two extra for the event or just refund me the additional 2

Messaged Sandbag about it and they replied saying if you type the code for the ticket in to the form then you'll get that ticket, so you should be able to get all four if you want them.

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Messaged Sandbag about it and they replied saying if you type the code for the ticket in to the form then you'll get that ticket, so you should be able to get all four if you want them.

I have 2 via eventim and 2 via sandbag. I've just sent the sandbag ones off but nothing from eventim yet, dont know whether to get the refund or not

21 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Still nothing front eventim and heard they is a front section which will probably have gone by now.

Tried to ring them and tweet them, they asked me to Dm details at 4pm but then never got back but seems its not just me who has this issue

I got the option of swapping my seated tickets for whatever front standing is (from Sandbag), so I don't think that it's a new section just a weird name for general standing.

Probably be clearer when the extra tickets go on sale, but I doubt they'd stop people getting close just because an email didn't come through in time.

38 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Apologies for the double post too, but it's not too shabby a setlist underway in Florence!

1 Daydreaming
2 DID
3 Ful Stop
4 Airbag
5 15 Step
6 Myxomatosis
7 Lucky
8 Pyramid Song
9 EIIRP
10 Let Down
11 Bloom
12 Weird Fishes

That wouldn't be a half-bad collection a week on Friday!

EDIT: Could be gremlins on Setlist.fm now though, as Weird Fishes has been replaced by Electioneering, Nude and Lift.

EDIT 2: And back to Weird Fishes with Idioteque. Definitely gremlins.

This just kept getting better and better. What a setlist! Three songs from Hail to the Thief and NONE of them The Gloaming!? Essentially an all-out greatest hits set there. Take that in a heartbeat, even with the inevitable glaring omissions.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2017/visarno-arena-firenze-florence-italy-53e4bf15.html

• Upvote 1

Just now, FloorFiller said:

This just kept getting better and better. What a setlist! Three songs from Hail to the Thief and NONE of them The Gloaming!? Essentially an all-out greatest hits set there. Take that in a heartbeat, even with the inevitable glaring omissions.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2017/visarno-arena-firenze-florence-italy-53e4bf15.html

And at the death.... FAKE! PLASTIC! TREEEEEEEEEEES!

I will take this in a heartbeat, alongside glaring omissions. Mostly on the strength of that last song but also heavily in part do that run between Airbag and Let Down. Superb setwinner there.

Wow at tonight's set list. Especially those two encores

1. Daydreaming
2. Desert Island Disk
3. Ful Stop
4. Airbag
5. 15 Step
6. Myxomatosis
7. Lucky
8. Pyramid Song
9. Everything In Its Right Place
10. Let Down
11. Bloom
12. Identikit
13. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
14. Idioteque
15. The Numbers
16. Exit Music (For A Film)
17. Bodysnatchers
[Encore 1]
18. You And Whose Army?
19. 2+2=5
20. There There
21. Paranoid Android
22. Street Spirit (Fade Out)
[Encore 2]
23. Lotus Flower
24. Fake Plastic Trees
[End of Show]

1 minute ago, Al2006 said:

Wow at tonight's set list. Especially those two encores

1. Daydreaming
2. Desert Island Disk
3. Ful Stop
4. Airbag
5. 15 Step
6. Myxomatosis
7. Lucky
8. Pyramid Song
9. Everything In Its Right Place
10. Let Down
11. Bloom
12. Identikit
13. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
14. Idioteque
15. The Numbers
16. Exit Music (For A Film)
17. Bodysnatchers
[Encore 1]
18. You And Whose Army?
19. 2+2=5
20. There There
21. Paranoid Android
22. Street Spirit (Fade Out)
[Encore 2]
23. Lotus Flower
24. Fake Plastic Trees
[End of Show]

Highly impressed that my predicted Glasto set had nineteen tracks played tonight (minus Nude, Reckoner, I Promise, No Surprises and Karma Police).

Also now highly worried we won't get this level of quality next week. But as this was technically their own show rather than a festival - and it was still a bit of a hits fest... Fingers crossed.

Just now, Brave Sir Robin said:

That setlist is fantastic - it seems they ended with Karma Police so even better than the above. Must bode very well for us!

Just seen they made it a three-song encore as you said. Good Lord. 
Fingers crossed for such an encore at the Farm. In fact, fingers crossed for those last two songs closing us out.
Surely, they must know that that combination is a surefire win for both the hardcore minority and the large group of Glasto-going casuals there for the hits, surely?
Surely Thom can't be that opaque? (Well, he can and he will, but...)