Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Shite, this is a real pisser. Goodbye the joy of two different setlists in two nights and an easy train home straight from the venue - hello one undoubtedly Glastonbury-similar setlist and uncertainty if I'll even be able to make the last train/coach. Fuck.

You're from Liverpool aren't you pal? I'm coming from Liverpool myself, is there no train station close by?

7 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

You're from Liverpool aren't you pal? I'm coming from Liverpool myself, is there no train station close by?

Haven't looked and tbh I guess it depends when the curfew is. I'm sure as shit not missing the last song(s) to catch the train, anyway. Fingers crossed it all works out: 

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Haven't looked and tbh I guess it depends when the curfew is. I'm sure as shit not missing the last song(s) to catch the train, anyway. Fingers crossed it all works out: 

Quick look and it seems to be 23.29 from Deansgate, so does seem doable if the trams are in our favour!

Taxi to the station is your best bet unless youre one of the first out. Its a 50k all standing venue (well like 45k with 5k open seating usually) so can take a while to empty.

I reckon walking would be cutting it close, tram to deansgate from cornbrook(?) Is your best bet. Can bunk on easily otherwise itll cost you 2.80 to go the 2 stops since the metrolink is such a fucking rip off (well during peak hours)

Edit: actually its not even 2 stops its 1 stop for that price

Edited by jonodillieono

Can't believe I'm on the point of jibbing a Radiohead gig.

I'd not have bought a ticket for an enormo-gig at Old Trafford.  I hated Old Trafford last time they played there and getting out was a clustermess for anyone with anxiety/claustrophobia.  Then there were no trams.  Don't start me on cups of pee before the gig started.

I'm going to take a day or two to make sure I'm sure, but if I do cancel, I have a non-refundable room at the EasyHotel for 4th and 5th July which will be up for grabs (assuming there's a way to do that).

23 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

So, anyone fancy guessing what songs will go missing at Glasto but emerge in Manchester?

I bet it's practically the same set barring 5 changes or so. Playing only one gig in Manchester changes everything.

Rather than playing 12 songs the same per night, 7-8 staples on rotation each night and 4 or 5 less frequent songs (as often happens when they play the same venue twice in a row), we will probably have a festival set list with maybe The Daily Mail, Separator and Videotape thrown in. All good songs of course...

14 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Hopefully The Gloaming!

Would happily see - or rather, not see - The Gloaming at Glasto.

11 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

I bet it's practically the same set barring 5 changes or so. Playing only one gig in Manchester changes everything.

Rather than playing 12 songs the same per night, 7-8 staples on rotation each night and 4 or 5 less frequent songs (as often happens when they play the same venue twice in a row), we will probably have a festival set list with maybe The Daily Mail, Separator and Videotape thrown in. All good songs of course...

Could easily have those three missing too.

But I think we all know my one lock-in 

That aside, fairly hopeful that Bodysnatchers, All I Need, Reckoner, There There, Let Down and Everything In Its Right Place make it to the Farm, all leading up to that FPT/KP/Street Spirit finale in the encore.

10 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

My excitement levels for the back to back gigs indoors were very high and now are almost non existent. I think the set will be very similar to Glasto, very festival esque. I fear I have now blown my best ever chance of seeing Let Down. HTDC is almost certain to be absent now as well. Not to mention the venue is so awful it's untrue.

I had a feeling this would happen. Just as I paid for a ticket to the 2nd show too. Only silver lining is my second show ticket can go to my friend who's a massive fan but never seen them live before. To see his face will be pretty great.

Just as worried about the venue and setlist as everyone else! I live in South Manchester, but even then the venue is a nightmare to get out of. I'm planning on prebooking a taxi - taxis charge RIDICULOUS amounts shuttling desperate people out after a show.

17 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Yeah I got it soon after the announcement. Email tickets@sandbaguk.com if you don't

Got it thanks, seemed to be in the junk folder!

I'm really on the fence between getting a refund or going ahead with it. On the one hand, it's more of a faff getting back to Liverpool and I've heard bad things about the venue from people who saw The Courteeners the other week, as well as that I'm seeing them in Dublin on Tuesday and could probably do with the money. On the other.. it's Radiohead! And it'd probably be a more "Bangers & Mash" setlist in Manchester than Dublin..

Decisions, decisions.

1 minute ago, Johnkhutch said:

Got it thanks, seemed to be in the junk folder!

I'm really on the fence between getting a refund or going ahead with it. On the one hand, it's more of a faff getting back to Liverpool and I've heard bad things about the venue from people who saw The Courteeners the other week, as well as that I'm seeing them in Dublin on Tuesday and could probably do with the money. On the other.. it's Radiohead! And it'd probably be a more "Bangers & Mash" setlist in Manchester than Dublin..

Decisions, decisions.

I ended up asking for a refund even though my ticket was for the 4th anyway. Only seen them indoors once and really not a fan of the cricket ground, plus I'm lucky enough to be seeing them at Glasto so I'd rather put the money towards holiday spends instead. Works out ok though with Arcade Fire being the same week

Just now, kaytee... said:

I ended up asking for a refund even though my ticket was for the 4th anyway. Only seen them indoors once and really not a fan of the cricket ground, plus I'm lucky enough to be seeing them at Glasto so I'd rather put the money towards holiday spends instead. Works out ok though with Arcade Fire being the same week

Also seeing Arcade Fire the same week, so it wouldn't be all bad missing out on this one. All I need to do is win one of the last minute Glasto competitions and that'll seal the deal :D Other than that, definitely something I'll have to mull over the next few days.

5 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Also seeing Arcade Fire the same week, so it wouldn't be all bad missing out on this one. All I need to do is win one of the last minute Glasto competitions and that'll seal the deal :D Other than that, definitely something I'll have to mull over the next few days.

Just remember to submit the form before Monday or they'll make the decision for you!

Seen that radio 1 are running a competition this week to win tickets if you haven't already entered

7 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Don't know how many of you chaps have tix for York Hall - but if it's half as good as the Sc**thorpe gig, you're in for a treat.

2 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Just remember to submit the form before Monday or they'll make the decision for you!

Seen that radio 1 are running a competition this week to win tickets if you haven't already entered

True! Somewhat peeved the deadline's not after the Dublin show :P 

Cheers Kaytee, have been keeping an eye out thanks to the madhouse that is the secret resale thread!

Bit more positivity, guys! The Radiohead gig there in 08 was brilliant. Had no complaints about the venue - standard large gig affair. Main issue is no longer having the gig in total darkness. And the lack of quick train access for those not driving, I guess.

Setlist wise, I can't imagine it being too similar to Glasto as they are playing a bunch of festivals around that time, and they will surely be itching to play more rarities at their own gig.

Also, it's Radiohead!