Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Northside schedule has them on from 22:30 - 01:15 and they played 22 songs. They also only played 22 at Coachella. So hoping they give us the full 24 at Glasto but this might not be the case.

Having seen them recently Myxomatosis definitely needs a spot in the set, as does Bloom. Fake Plastic Trees would go down a treat at Glasto. Indeed the last 4 songs in Stockholm were Paranoid Android, Street Spirit, Fake Plastic Trees and Karma Police - that again a week on Friday would be perfect!

Overall they are sounding great, the light show/visuals are captivating and Thom seems a bit happier on stage this year than last year. Should be a great night especially now they've ditched Desert Island Disk!

I really hope its not too light on The Bends :(

On another note...I've been thinking for some time about the Anderson Paak clash. After discussing on here I was thinking it would be cool to get infront of the barrier, which obviously means absolutely no A.Paak could happen. However, my friends are of the opinion that infront of the barrier is a bit hectic, so we're just gonna try and get as close to it as we can, but where we still have enough room to have cuddle when we're all welling up over Fake Plastic Trees (which they are definitely going to play). So, how busy do we think the crowds doing to be? Do I need to be at The Pyramid stage at least by the time The XX finish? Or could I feasibly leg it from West Holts at 9pm and get a good spot? That's only 15 mins Paak time anyway - so is it even worth it?

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

On another note...I've been thinking for some time about the Anderson Paak clash. After discussing on here I was thinking it would be cool to get infront of the barrier, which obviously means absolutely no A.Paak could happen. However, my friends are of the opinion that infront of the barrier is a bit hectic, so we're just gonna try and get as close to it as we can, but where we still have enough room to have cuddle when we're all welling up over Fake Plastic Trees (which they are definitely going to play). So, how busy do we think the crowds doing to be? Do I need to be at The Pyramid stage at least by the time The XX finish? Or could I feasibly leg it from West Holts at 9pm and get a good spot? That's only 15 mins Paak time anyway - so is it even worth it?

Probably not worth it for 15 minutes. It's Radiohead not Slayer. I doubt the pit will be hectic. Most glasto going Radiohead fans will be in their 30s now.

1 minute ago, Madyaker said:

Probably not worth it for 15 minutes. It's Radiohead not Slayer. I doubt the pit will be hectic. Most glasto going Radiohead fans will be in their 30s now.

Aye, you're right...the A.Paak dream is officially dead. 

Props also true about the pit. Will just have to see how it goes, as it looks like we'll be there for The XX now anyway 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm currently experiencing a strange zen-like sensation of calmness with regards to Radiohead's set. Spent ages worrying about what they will or won't play to the point where I'd forgotten one simple truth. It's Radiohead. At Glastonbury. It'll be brilliant no matter what they play.

Yeah it's too easy to think what they didn't play. They played 35 songs across two nights when I saw them recently. But didn't hear There There, 2+2=5, Reckoner, Lotus Flower, Decks Dark, Nude, Present Tense...after the Glasto set one thing will be clear. The list of amazing songs they missed out will be longer than the set list itself! 

21 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Having the same dilemma. Want to see Anderson Paak but that will mean no front barrier. Seeing XX later in the year and Radiohead twice in July so do I need to be at the front, I'm still not sure. Will decide on the day I reckon.

1 hour ago, strummer77 said:

I don't think they will consciously choose not to play Hail To The Thief tracks because of 2003. I think they'll play 2/3 because that's roughly what they do these days. Good to see Myxomatosis getting an airing last night as I think that would go down really well.

In fact I think last night's setlist was a really good sign for next week, but I do hope Reckoner finds its way in for Glastonbury. With a couple of extra songs No Surpises/Fake Plastic Trees would probably be welcome additions for the casuals as well. Burn the Witch missing again surprised me!

You want FPT - you can have an upvote!

59 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

The setlist above looks realistic.  Swap out Pyramid Song for HTDC and FPT for Arpeggi and we have a goer. ;)

You don't want FPT - you can fight me afterwards. As a gentleman, I give you first choice of weapons - camping chairs or no camping chairs. First to get three hits wins. Loser buys the other a Brothers Cider ;) 

52 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Fake Plastic Trees would go down a treat at Glasto. Indeed the last 4 songs in Stockholm were Paranoid Android, Street Spirit, Fake Plastic Trees and Karma Police - that again a week on Friday would be perfect!

What this wise man says! :D 

58 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm currently experiencing a strange zen-like sensation of calmness with regards to Radiohead's set. Spent ages worrying about what they will or won't play to the point where I'd forgotten one simple truth. It's Radiohead. At Glastonbury. It'll be brilliant no matter what they play.

Basically, this*. Pretty much every tune of theirs that comes on I think "Ooh, yeah, I'll have a bit of that." 

*(as long as HTDC is played ofc)

19 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

would be pretty happy with last night's setlist. enough hits, enough bangers, and most importantly, DID dropped for something a Pyramid field crowd might actually recognise.

If we do get the 24 song shebang, then chuck in Reckoner and Fake Plastic Trees and you've probably got a set to hit the happy balance between total casual who knows only The Bends and hardcore nut who has a tattoo of Johnny on their rear,

I was going the 5th but the 4th actually works better for me (I'm off work the 4th and 5th and was gonna have to rush home on the morning of the 6th).

What's Old Trafford like as a venue? Would it have been better at the MEN? Annoyingly we paid for the most expensive seats and are now gonna be 400 miles away I assume.

Edit: I guess it won't be as dark which is a bit lame.

Edited by Will-2609

Just now, Will-2609 said:

I was going the 5th but the 4th actually works better for me (I'm off work the 4th and 5th and was gonna have to rush home on the morning of the 6th).

What's Old Trafford like as a venue? Would it have been better at the MEN? Annoyingly we paid for the most expensive seats and are now gonna be 400 miles away I assume.

Edit: I guess it won't be as dark which is a bit lame.

It's absolute shite. Massive, in a difficult to get to place and it's flat as a pancake (cricket pitch) so if you're not the tallest or very close to the front it's not good.