Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Bloom is a brilliant song live. Showcases their talents really well - even if it's not a song people know so well I think it'd impress at Glasto. If you're going to play a song people know less, make sure it's one of the high energy ones. And Bloom is certainly that.

Gloaming is a good live song for sure, but they play it a little too often. Also I think it works a lot better at their own indoor shows rather than a festival. The huge bass on the record would be lost halfway back on the Pyramid, and I think if you're not familiar with the song it might just sound like a bunch of indiscriminate electronic bleeps. 

I don't mind the Gloaming, but yeah, it's just a bit weird that it's such a stable. Would so much rather swap it out of Myxamatosis off that record which just does everything better.

Bloom on the other hand is absolutely phenomenal live and rightly deserves to be a staple. Can't wait to hear that again!

5 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I don't mind the Gloaming, but yeah, it's just a bit weird that it's such a stable. Would so much rather swap it out of Myxamatosis off that record which just does everything better.

Bloom on the other hand is absolutely phenomenal live and rightly deserves to be a staple. Can't wait to hear that again!

Yeh it's the fact that they play The Gloaming so often, and it's at the expense of potentially a superb track. It won't come across well in the slightest on The Pyramid in my opinion. 

11 hours ago, Kizzie said:

Well he lasted 3.5 minutes for the boss, so 2 songs is some kind of result.

Mary J Blige about 7 mins, Dolly Parton, roughly 4 mins. :lol:

A man of taste and distinction

(except when it comes to Prince :P)

This was my 12th time seeing them and it was a really energetic set. Wouldn't mind switching 1-2 songs for something a bit more emotional (Exit Music or HTDC), but if they play a similar setlist, it will go down very well with the majority if the audience because it was pure fun. They turned "The Numbers" into a real beast lately!

My two cents on how the set will be divided between the albums

A Moon Shaped Pool - 5 songs (Daydreaming, Desert Island Disk, Ful Stop, Identikit, The Numbers)

King of Limbs - 2 songs (Bloom, Lotus Flower)

In Rainbows - 5 songs (15 Step, Bodysnatchers, Nude, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, All I Need)

Hail to the Thief - 1 song (The Gloaming)

Amnesiac - 2 songs (I Might Be Wrong, You and Whose Army?)

Kid A - 2 songs (Everything in its Right Place, Idioteque)

OK Computer - 6 songs (Airbag, Paranoid Android, Karma Police, Let Down, Lucky, No Surprises)

The Bends - 1 song (Street Spirit (Fade Out))

Unfortunately I think they'll be cutting back on The Bends and Hail to the Thief to make room for more OK Computer and the newer albums. I think that because in 2003 the set was Hail to the Thief-heavy and in 1997 it was The Bends-heavy they'll cut back on those. Obviously in 1997 it was OK Computer-heavy too but we all know they'll be celebrating that more and playing a lot of OK Computer tracks.

Edited by Acid_Haze

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

A Moon Shaped Pool - 5 songs

King of Limbs - 2 songs

In Rainbows - 5 songs

Hail to the Thief - 1 song

Amnesiac - 2 songs

Kid A - 2 songs

OK Computer - 6 songs

The Bends - 1 song

Unfortunately I think they'll be cutting back on The Bends and Hail to the Thief to make room for more OK Computer and the newer albums. I think that because in 2003 the set was Hail to the Thief-heavy and in 1997 it was The Bends-heavy they'll cut back on those. Obviously in 1997 it was OK Computer-heavy too but we all know they'll be celebrating that more and playing a lot of OK Computer tracks.

I'd say one less In Rainbows and one more Kid A myself, but aye something similar to this. Just four AMSP played at Northside so maybe they'll do similar at Glastonbury/other festivals.

Is this the last festival they're doing before Glastonbury then?

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'd say one less In Rainbows and one more Kid A myself, but aye something similar to this. Just four AMSP played at Northside so maybe they'll do similar at Glastonbury/other festivals.

Is this the last festival they're doing before Glastonbury then?

That'd make it 22 songs as opposed to 24 songs which would be right if they were doing 2 hours, but they're doing a full 2hr15min set this time so that'd mean 24! They're doing 4 songs off AMSP for festivals because they have to cut their set down to 22 songs! I think they'll do 5 songs because it's a full one.

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

A Moon Shaped Pool - 5 songs (Daydreaming, Desert Island Disk, Ful Stop, Identikit, The Numbers)

King of Limbs - 2 songs (Bloom, Lotus Flower)

In Rainbows - 5 songs (15 Step, Bodysnatchers, Nude, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, All I Need)

Hail to the Thief - 1 song (The Gloaming)

Amnesiac - 2 songs (I Might Be Wrong, You and Whose Army?)

Kid A - 2 songs (Everything in its Right Place, Idioteque)

OK Computer - 6 songs (Airbag, Paranoid Android, Karma Police, Let Down, Lucky, No Surprises)

The Bends - 1 song (Street Spirit (Fade Out))

Hope you're a touch wrong re: The Bends - as we all know, FPT would be my only pick. But as Street Spirit has closed all three of their notable Glasto performances, I can't see that not turning up.

I do wonder if only the one track from KoL will turn up though, since it was the centrepiece of the 2011 slot.

Edit: Also, I Promise could very well be an inclusion, given the release of OKNOTOK that day.

So, thinking about this...

1 Daydreaming
2 Lucky
3 Ful Stop
4 15 Step
5 Airbag
6 Bloom
7 There There
8 Pyramid Song
9 Bodysnatchers
10 Let Down
11 Identikit
12 Myxomatosis
13 Everything In Its Right Place
14 The Numbers
15 Idioteque
16 Nude
17 Reckoner

18 I Promise
19 No Surprises
20 Fake Plastic Trees
21 Paranoid Android
22 Karma Police

23 You and Whose Army?
24 Street Spirit (Fade Out)

OKC: 6
In Rainbows: 4
AMSP: 4
Amnesiac: 2
Hail to the Thief: 2
The Bends: 2
Kid A: 2
TKOL: 1
OKNOTOK: 1

That seems fairly reasonable. The only three I'd definitely bank on are Daydreaming, Street Spirit and Idioteque right now. But this is probably the closest to realism I can go with a dream setlist.

Edited by DownboundTrain52
Setlist addition
  • Upvote 1

I don't think they will consciously choose not to play Hail To The Thief tracks because of 2003. I think they'll play 2/3 because that's roughly what they do these days. Good to see Myxomatosis getting an airing last night as I think that would go down really well.

In fact I think last night's setlist was a really good sign for next week, but I do hope Reckoner finds its way in for Glastonbury. With a couple of extra songs No Surpises/Fake Plastic Trees would probably be welcome additions for the casuals as well. Burn the Witch missing again surprised me!

Edited by strummer77
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TomViolence said:

Awesome news - Lucky will really lift the crowd early on.

Good to see All I Need, There There and Idioteque in there.

Finishing the main set and encore with Street Spirit and Karma Police is ace too. Just not sure about the positioning of Lotus Flower!

Lotus Flower is more of a banger live than it is on record, there's a full gig on youtube from seatle where they play it, it's loud as fuck.