Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

I think dream set-opener for me would be Just, the place would go nuts..

To be honest anything apart from what they have been starting with would be awesome, less because I don't think they're great openers (although why you'd start with your slowest, newest songs is beyond me), and more because it would indicate they weren't treating it as just another show on this tour.

20 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

You are all I need

However ropey Thom's voice sounds on a particular night, he always seems to nail Reckoner and Nude. Which, on paper, would seem to be the hardest songs to sing if your voice was going.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I hope they don't play that dreary one from the 90s that's out at the moment.

I think it's a great song but aye, not gagging to hear it played live at Glastonbury - if they're gonna do one of those then it should obviously be Lift.

24 minutes ago, fowls said:

Why not start at Radiohead and see if it grabs you?  If not, wander over to Park or West Holts with plenty of time to spare.  

Radiohead - 21.30

Dizzee Rascal - 22.30

Flaming Lips - 22.45. Bit of a long walk but you could easily see half hour of radiohead and then head over.

Only issue is you may struggle to get out of the crowd if you want to be right in the middle of the action.

That's true I don't usually get right into the middle unless I know I'll be hanging around for the duration. Thanks 

39 minutes ago, Impropaganda said:

Hey first time I've posted on here, Radiohead are causing me my biggest dilemma this will be my fourth Glastonbury and I've never really been interested in the pyramid headliners and thought Radiohead would finally be the one however I'm not amazed by looking at their recent setlists.

It could go either way but I reckon some that miss it will watch the footage on BBC and regret not going. Yes, the opening salvo isn't exactly festival friendly (if that's how they keep it) but overall the setlist will almost certainly be. I can't help but think the decision to re-release OKC on this day makes it likely we'll get quite a few from that. 

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

They really shouldn't do any of them. But then again they shouldn't open the sets the way they are, so who knows?

They soundchecked I Promise last night at least so looks like they're definitely gearing up to play at least one of em on this tour, but maybe they're best saved for their own shows rather than festivals.

Daydreaming opening and followed with a big stormer of a song is something that could work so well and build up so much momentum, but instead they decide to do the opposite of that and no doubt have people saying 'this is boring, I'm out' and pouring out of the field. Goddamn you Radiohead.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

It could go either way but I reckon some that miss it will watch the footage on BBC and regret not going. Yes, the opening salvo isn't exactly festival friendly (if that's how they keep it) but overall the setlist will almost certainly be. I can't help but think the decision to re-release OKC on this day makes it likely we'll get quite a few from that. 

True although I've never carried any regrets from glasto as I always have such a great time, with the added fact the xx are on before it makes it tempting to hang around too.

if they insist on opening with 3 AMSP tracks then a much better trio/order would be

1. Daydreaming
  2. Ful Stop
  3. Decks Dark

DID second just seems so odd, especially following Daydreaming. Such a dreary opening for a major festival set. Of course, I'm hoping they open with Airbag.

Long time lurker here, so realise this may be treated with some skepticism.

I got told yesterday, from what should be a reliable source, that Thom Yorke will be playing one of the guest DJ slots in The Engine Room this year. I assume either the 12.30 to 1.30 slot on the Friday or Saturday (not sure if the Radiohead set time makes this more or less likely to be the Friday, as assume Thom will be on site all weekend). When I asked for more info on which slot it would be, all I was told was that it was after an Israeli act, but I'm struggling to join the dots there...

Apologies if it turns out to be false, thought I should share nonetheless :)