Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

52 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Good tune undeniably, but they had it kicking around for twenty years. Adds to the feeling that AMSP is the Amnesiac for their whole career. :lol:

Nah, it was first teased in 2006 but only the opening chords of it were ever played, who knows what journey that song went through. Nude on the other hand was being played live for a good decade in a very different form before In Rainbows got released. It's just what they do, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

A full album set would be bad. Imagine Electioneering being played over How to Disappear Completely, Fitter Happier wasting a slot that an actual song could have taken, SHA and The Tourist (I know some of you rate these highly but I don't) beating out Weird Fishes and 2+2=5. Shite.

OK Computer getting a decent airing would be fine; something like them playing all the OKC songs that are in rotation (Airbag, Paranoid Android, Exit Music, Let Down, Karma Police, No Surprises, Climbing up the Walls, Lucky) would be okay with me. As long as they don't also carry on playing as many AMSP tracks as they currently are as well.

Have pieced together a possible setlist for if they went with this idea, having looked at what they've been playing so far this year. Actually looks pretty good. A few annoying omissions such as HTDC, 2+2=5, There There and The National Anthem, but there's always gonna be a few.

[Fitter Happier]
1. Airbag
2. Paranoid Android
3. Daydreaming
4. Ful Stop
5. 15 Step
6. Bloom
7. Let Down
8. Identikit
9. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
10. Everything in its Right Place
11. Idioteque
12. Reckoner
13. Climbing up the Walls
14. Nude
15. Lucky
16. Bodysnatchers
17. Street Spirit

Encore 1:
18. Burn the Witch
19. No Surprises
20. Lotus Flower
21. Exit Music (For a Film)
22. Fake Plastic Trees

Encore 2:
23. You and Whose Army
24. Karma Police

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Have pieced together a possible setlist for if they went with this idea, having looked at what they've been playing so far this year. Actually looks pretty good. A few annoying omissions such as HTDC, 2+2=5, There There and The National Anthem, but there's always gonna be a few.

[Fitter Happier]
1. Airbag
2. Paranoid Android
3. Daydreaming
4. Ful Stop
5. 15 Step
6. Bloom
7. Let Down
8. Identikit
9. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
10. Everything in its Right Place
11. Idioteque
12. Reckoner
13. Climbing up the Walls
14. Nude
15. Lucky
16. Bodysnatchers
17. Street Spirit

Encore 1:
18. Burn the Witch
19. No Surprises
20. Lotus Flower
21. Exit Music (For a Film)
22. Fake Plastic Trees

Encore 2:
23. You and Whose Army
24. Karma Police

Replace Bloom with The National Anthem, Climbing Up the Walls with HTDC and 15 Step with There There and you're on (not that I dislike any of those songs - the replacements are just better).

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Replace Bloom with The National Anthem, Climbing Up the Walls with HTDC and 15 Step with There There and you're on (not that I dislike any of those songs - the replacements are just better).

Yeah I just went with literally what seemed like the most likely songs to make up the rest of the setlist. I'd agree with all of your substitutions in an ideal world. I know last year they were playing at least 2 TKOL songs at every show, not sure if it's been the same this year.

You have replaced 2 post-03 songs and 1 OKC song with 3 songs that have already been played at Glastonbury, though :P

If any of those OKC songs were to piss off I'd favour No Surprises.

22 minutes ago, jparx said:

I like how my Fitter Happier intro is catching on.

I actually hope they don't start with that into Airbag because I wouldn't survive the rest of the set.

I'd say it's now a toss up between Fitter Happier, Airbag and Daydreaming. 

4 hours ago, GrowlerPhil said:

Has everyone forgotten that we're talking about Radiohead here? There's no way in the world they will play the album in full. 

Welcome to efestivals, the home of unrealistic expectations since 1998!

They aren't going to play the album in full. I don't think they are money hungry or cynical enough to use glasto to flog a few more copies of a re release. I think the set list will probably lean heavily towards OKC though, 5 or 6 tracks and who knows maybe we'll get one of the unreleased tracks but I'd say that'll be it.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Fitter Happier as the band take the stage straight in to Airbag. Anything else and they can fuck off*

*not really luv u lads

Yep. I'll be stunned if it doesn't happen at this point. No way they're opening with Daydreaming now.

2 minutes ago, Lankyboy said:

Must be me, but alarming lack of Just in most people's selections. The bends album is shamefully under appreciated IMO

People are making realistic predictions, and they haven't played Just once since they started this tour so it's not looking very likely it'll show up (although they may surprise us).

[Fitter Happer]
1. Airbag
2. Paranoid Android
3. Subterranean Homesick Alien
4. Exit Music (For a Film)
5. Let Down
6. Karma Police
7. Electioneering
8. Climbing Up The Walls
9. No Surprises
10. Lucky
11. The Tourist
- break -
12. Daydreaming
13. Ful Stop
14. 15 Step
15. Identikit
16. The National Anthem
17. Pyramid Song
18. Nude
19. Bodysnatchers
20. Idioteque
Encore
21. There There
22. Weird Fishes/ Apreggi
23. Reckoner
Encore
24. You and Whose Army?
25. Street Spirit [Fade Out]

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

[Fitter Happer]
1. Airbag
2. Paranoid Android
3. Subterranean Homesick Alien
4. Exit Music (For a Film)
5. Let Down
6. Karma Police
7. Electioneering
8. Climbing Up The Walls
9. No Surprises
10. Lucky
11. The Tourist
- break -
12. Daydreaming
13. Ful Stop
14. 15 Step
15. Identikit
16. The National Anthem
17. Pyramid Song
18. Nude
19. Bodysnatchers
20. Idioteque
Encore
21. There There
22. Weird Fishes/ Apreggi
23. Reckoner
Encore
24. You and Whose Army?
25. Street Spirit [Fade Out]

No FPT, no Deal! :P

Been busy all day since the news dropped which has given me a bit of time to mull it over; despite their obvious embracing of OKC (whether for commercial or others reasons), I just can't see them playing the album in full at a festival show. 

I think it confirms the set will be OKC heavy. I think it confirms the set will end and begin with OKC and I think we'll get six tracks (Airbag, Paranoid Android, Let Down, Karma Police, No Surprises, Lucky).