Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

On 06/04/2017 at 10:44 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Actually, it is better than last year:

Builds to a crescendo better, I'd say.

Thom's vocals there are absolutely abysmal. It really doesn't work at all when they play it live, which is a shame given how great it is on the record.

On Thu Apr 06 2017 at 10:44 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Actually, it is better than last year:

Builds to a crescendo better, I'd say.

That's the first time I've watched Burn the Witch live since the Roundhouse, where I found it underwhelming. I still find it barely recognisable until Thom starts singing. But I'm quite enjoying this version now I'm used to the absence of strings.

Especially when Ed comes in just before the first chorus and all 3 guitars get going. I also liked Jonnys use of the National Anthem style synth on the second verse. And Colin is really driving the whole song.

His vocals are definitely his and miss, but he sounded pretty good at some of the shows last year. The Chicago and Berlin shows especially sounded good, and when I saw them at NOS he nailed Exit Music and Nude particularly. He seems to give it more gusto at the higher profile shows, which hopefully bodes well for June.

He's pushing 50 now and his voice has aged. I think sometimes he just isn't in the mood for it. Hard to know though. I know he's battled depression and anxiety in the past and in my experience that's something that doesn't go away you just learn to live with it but sometimes it still gets the better of you so it could be that. If he's in a shit mood id say the last thing he wants to do is be on stage but they can't be cancelling gigs for it. You'd have to hope they'd be excited about their return to Glasto though.

37 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Thom always seems to sabotage the vocals when they sing it and has done for years and years....

i think it suits that song to sing it sloppily 

Just lying in the bar with my drip feed on
Talking to my girlfriend, waiting for something to happen
I wish it was the sixties, I wish I could be happy
I wish, I wish, I wish that something would happen

Would sound stupid if you sang it with conviction (they're not their greatest lyrics)

Up so early today that the Radiohead gig is still going on, found a good periscope too.

Really great set and Creel returns 

1. DAYDREAMING
2. DID
3. FS
4. AIRBAG
5. 15 STEP
6. TNA - Hunting Bears
7. SEPARATOR
8. ALL I NEED
9. STREET SPIRIT
10. BLOOM
11. IDENTIKIT
12. EIIRP
13. THERE THERE
14. ARPEGGI
15. IMBW
16. IDIOTEQUE
17. NUDE

18. GLASS EYES
19. NO SURPRISES
20. BTW
21. RECKONER
22. LOTUS FLOWER

23. YAWA
24. CREEP

5 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Up so early today that the Radiohead gig is still going on, found a good periscope too.

Really great set and Creel returns 

1. DAYDREAMING
2. DID
3. FS
4. AIRBAG
5. 15 STEP
6. TNA - Hunting Bears
7. SEPARATOR
8. ALL I NEED
9. STREET SPIRIT
10. BLOOM
11. IDENTIKIT
12. EIIRP
13. THERE THERE
14. ARPEGGI
15. IMBW
16. IDIOTEQUE
17. NUDE

18. GLASS EYES
19. NO SURPRISES
20. BTW
21. RECKONER
22. LOTUS FLOWER

23. YAWA
24. CREEP

That's pretty sweet! 

Really thought they would have brought back Just by now. Chances of it being played at Glastonbury seem a bit ominous now.

Also, You and Whose Army? is a belter, but if that's the one song we got off Amnesiac and they ignore Pyramid Song again I'll be a bit pissed.

I watches a concert from 2016 yesterday on utube. I'm no fan but I thought I'd try it, there a big band so I thought it should be good, after the 1st hours I was nearly suicidal,  I just don't get it!

Think I'll give this a miss after I thought Muse weren't as good as I expected, there will be no hope for me and Radiohead.

• Downvote 3