Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

2 minutes ago, ericlered said:

Seeing as it hasn't been played since the South Park, Oxford gig back in 2001 I don't think anyone will be getting overexcited for it's inclusion...

Well I'm not just anyone.

I just couldn't bare them playing it and not seeing it, but thanks you've reassured me. 

18 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Anybody know how Burn the Witch was played? Any improvements? 

Thom still can't sing it but it was ok.  Beter where it was than an opener anyway.  I think it sounded musically fatter (though that might have been cos I was fighting sleep and tripping slightly).  Colin was on fire last night.

I think in a way it's easier to get away with playing Daydreaming first than second. The crowd will be going mental for them coming on stage, and it'll almost be like an extended intro to the set, then whatever they play second really gets it all going. It kinda suits Radiohead as an opener I reckon.

The idea I've had for years now is them coming out to Street Spirit at Glastonbury, for the novelty of the opening track being so somber and depressing, but also one of their biggest hits. Daydreaming achieves something similar although it's obviously nowhere near the fan favourite levels of Street Spirit.

Daydreaming

The Bends

Decks Dark

Ful Stop

2+2=5

Exit Music

My Iron Lung

Pyramid Song

Airbag

Plastic Trees

The National Anthem

Identikit

Reckoner

Weird Fishes

Paranoid Android

Idioteque

Bodysnatchers

Encore 1

Let Down

There There

Nude

Just

Street Spirit

Encore 2

True Love Waits (Acoustic)

Karma Police

20 hours ago, ericlered said:

Hehe I know, thankless indeed, but it should never be taken too seriously. That's what happens when bands mix the setlists up and make their tours interesting! Let Down is bucket list stuff for me. Been seeing them since 1996 and it has eluded me in the 3 tours where they have played it. 1997, 2006 and then last year when they only brought it into the sets once on US soil. The Blackpool gigs in 2006 it is on the printed setlist from the 2nd gig but they scratched it to play Just instead. Cruel.

Wow, such agonizing makes me almost glad that this is the second time I'll have seen them ever in June.

I'm going to get what I'll get, I've made my peace with it - they just have too many songs.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Wow, such agonizing makes me almost glad that this is the second time I'll have seen them ever in June.

I'm going to get what I'll get, I've made my peace with it - they just have too many songs.

Stop this sensible talk and pick a song that if left out of the setlist you'll complain constantly about this instant! 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Along with Creep, I actively don't want True Love Waits to be played. Splitting up from the mother of his children shortly before she dies of cancer? That's so many levels of fucked up that I don't want to be thinking about during the biggest party of the year.

Totally with you on that one! Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't get outed again - can imagine that's quite a tough one to get through now. I mean, I'll probably be crying throughout the set anyway, but I don't need it to get THAT real.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Along with Creep, I actively don't want True Love Waits to be played. Splitting up from the mother of his children shortly before she dies of cancer? That's so many levels of fucked up that I don't want to be thinking about during the biggest party of the year.

I saw them perform it in Paris on their last tour and you could hear a pin drop. Extremely saddening. 

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the last time they ever play it.

I think Pyramid Song is the closest I'll be to annoyed if they don't play it. I'm really not bothered what else they play. I'm a huge fan of even their worst songs, and just seeing them on the Pyramid stage will be enough for me.

Daydreaming into No Surprises? I just listened to both on Spotify and the transition between the two was great. The sound of the piano at the end of Daydreaming fading out over the pyramid, before the opening notes of No Suprises quietly fades in... I'd love it. Follow that up There There and I go mental.

'

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

Kinda feel like this has to be played now. Ignore the annoying chatter at the start mind...

'It fucking wears me out.

You can say that again love.. I'd have to leave the vicinity if I was stood next to that lot.