Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

That setlist would die on its arse with anyone who is only casually interested.

Yeah it's not really a "crowd pleaser" in that sense is it. I think many are expecting something wildly different at the Glastonbury headline show but I can't see that happening. Surely it'll be some combination of the setlists they will playing from now until the festival with one or two suprises/additions. 

The concert was amazing tonight.  Great venue for an arena gig, bit like the o2 but half as big.  Loads of tracks from In Rainbows and quite a few from OK Computer too.  Not a lot of talk from Thom throughout the gig but the band seemed up for it and appreciative of a very vocal crowd.  First time I've heard TKOL and AMSP stuff live, Identikit, Daydreaming and Lotus Flower were amazing.  Wasn't overly keen on the Burn the Witch arrangement but it still went down a storm.  I absolutely adore all of the In Rainbows stuff live so hope they keep that in for Glastonbury.  Fake Plastic Trees was a pleasant surprise and got the biggest reaction from the crowd.

Some american dude standing next to me asked me before the encore whether they would play Karma Police or Creep?!?

Anyway here are a couple of pictures...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2017/american-airlines-arena-miami-fl-33f944dd.html

rh1.jpg

rh2.jpg

4 minutes ago, Maurice Mecca said:

The concert was amazing tonight.  Great venue for an arena gig, bit like the o2 but half as big.  Loads of tracks from In Rainbows and quite a few from OK Computer too.  Not a lot of talk from Thom throughout the gig but the band seemed up for it and appreciative of a very vocal crowd.  First time I've heard TKOL and AMSP stuff live, Identikit, Daydreaming and Lotus Flower were amazing.  Wasn't overly keen on the Burn the Witch arrangement but it still went down a storm.  I absolutely adore all of the In Rainbows stuff live so hope they keep that in for Glastonbury.  Fake Plastic Trees was a pleasant surprise and got the biggest reaction from the crowd.

Some american dude standing next to me asked me before the encore whether they would play Karma Police or Creep?!?

Anyway here are a couple of pictures...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2017/american-airlines-arena-miami-fl-33f944dd.html

rh1.jpg

rh2.jpg

Wow, I haven't actually seen any photos of the AMSP tour from last year but is that a new light show?

4 minutes ago, Maurice Mecca said:

Another thing, even though it was a fantastic concert there was SO much they didn't play for me, Nothing at all from HTTT (Would have loved There, There and 2+2=5), would have loved Codex from TKOL, no Paranoid Android or Karma Police or Street Spirit.

I hadn't even noticed the lack of Hail to the Thief , sad!

Codex is always the one I want to see live!

• Upvote 1

Aye definitely not the banger fest they need to be bringing to Glastonbury but some nice surprises in there for sure. Let's see how the rest of the tour goes.

And I'd totally be in to them opening with Daydreaming and think it could be an incredibly atmospheric way to do it ONLY if they immediately follow it with a stormer and not more AMSP songs.

Also nice to see Let Down remains, but I demand a HTTT song/There There.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

And I'd totally be in to them opening with Daydreaming and think it could be an incredibly atmospheric way to do it ONLY if they immediately follow it with a stormer and not more AMSP songs.

I think you're spot on there. Daydreaming into Airbag would be brilliant for instance. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Only just realised no EIIRP. Interesting to see if that stays out or if they just felt like switching it up. Controversial but I would not be averse to seeing it left out in favour of something else.

Ah I feel like the more I look at it the more interesting it is. I feel like it's come to be expected on the setlists. 

All I Need and I Might Be Wrong being in there are both winners for me.

No Gloaming either btw. 

Pretty disappointed by that list to be honest. Some pretty big songs that I'd expect at Glasto that are absent (Pyramid Song, 2+2=5, and Street Spirit to name a few). Will have to see how much it varies over the next bunch of shows.

Also Daydreaming to open... I guess it's good to get it out the way if they're going to play it.

Edited by Brumbot