Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

If I could pick a completely leftfield, out of the blue, never going happen song, I'd love to hear their fantastic Can cover of The Thief in Dublin/Manchester. I remember discovering it on a bootleg when I first got into Radiohead a good few years ago and only just remembered it today!

Radiohead- The Thief

Edited by Johnkhutch

11 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

If I could pick a completely leftfield, out of the blue, never going happen song, I'd love to hear their fantastic Can cover of The Thief in Dublin/Manchester. I remember discovering it on a bootleg when I first got into Radiohead a good few years ago and only just remembered it today!

Radiohead- The Thief

I read somewhere that Go Slowly was heavily based on their cover of The Thief, I'd be very tempted to put that in as my leftfield choice!

16 hours ago, The Placid Casual said:

Was hoping we'd get Magpie in our Roundhouse show. It was incredible on TKOL tour.

Please god don't let Glasto 2017 be magpie'd.... or gloamed.

Opening night of the 2016 tour, Amsterdam, first 5 songs in looks like they're gonna play AMSP in full, very exciting indeed but then the cycle is broken..... bloody magpie'd, shocking choice, talk about bringing a gig down before it had even got going. They didn't make the same mistake on night 2, Lucky was the first non AMSP song I think.

I'd take any other song from TKOL, even Little By Little.

Bloom / Feral / Lotus Flower / Codex, any will do, or none, whatever. LF was too fucking good live last year.

2 minutes ago, ericlered said:

Please god don't let Glasto 2017 be magpie'd.... or gloamed.

Opening night of the 2016 tour, Amsterdam, first 5 songs in looks like they're gonna play AMSP in full, very exciting indeed but then the cycle is broken..... bloody magpie'd, shocking choice, talk about bringing a gig down before it had even got going. They didn't make the same mistake on night 2, Lucky was the first non AMSP song I think.

I'd take any other song from TKOL, even Little By Little.

Bloom / Feral / Lotus Flower / Codex, any will do, or none, whatever. LF was too fucking good live last year.

Sounds like you got an atrocious crowd at Amsterdam then. Magpie's the best TKOL song live. Can't imagine even Lucky topping that, it's far from the best on OK Computer.

Honestly though, Feral? You cannot be serious...

Edit: You made my 8000th post be about trashing a couple of Radiohead tracks. How dare you.

Edited by The Placid Casual

13 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Sounds like you got an atrocious crowd at Amsterdam then. Magpie's the best TKOL song live. Can't imagine even Lucky topping that, it's far from the best on OK Computer.

Honestly though, Feral? You cannot be serious...

Edit: You made my 8000th post be about trashing a couple of Radiohead tracks. How dare you.

Haha opinions eh, life would be pretty dull without them! Nothing to do with the crowd. I think Magpie is absolutely one of the worst Radiohead songs ever committed to tape. And it's no better live. Feral is a mean beast live however. And Lucky is up there with the finest from OKC for me too, I still get hairs on the back of my neck when I remember it floating across the pyramid crowd in 1997, magical.

Let's just take a moment to appreciate that when this poster drops, the first name will probably be Radiohead. Whatever else is on there, we get to see the greatest band of the past 25 years perform on the greatest stage in music.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Let's just take a moment to appreciate that when this poster drops, the first name will probably be Radiohead. Whatever else is on there, we get to see the greatest band of the past 25 years perform on the greatest stage in music.

I had a strange moment of realisation of this last week.  Then I got paranoid about counting my chickens until they actually step out onto the Pyramid.