Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

I'm really hoping MPS makes a comeback this tour. After that mix they released last week I'm hoping that brings it back in to play and they've found a new way of performing it without the old organ/synth whatever. Not necessarily for Glastonbury, but hopefully for Manchester!

If they do four tracks from Kid A at Glastonbury, it'll have to be EIIRP, Idioteque, HTDC and Optimistic. 

16 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Neh. If I had to choose between the two it'd 100% be The Bends.

If both are an option, even better :D

But I'm expecting Michael Eavis to come on and say what the man says at the end of the video and in the best Pyramid moment ever thousands of people instantly lie down in a field along with thousands across the nation watching at home. Come Monday they will still refuse to get up.

Edited by Bovla

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Although it may well get left out of the setlist as they've been playing it frequently since it's release and only recently has it stopped being a live staple, I'd be pretty gutted if they didn't play TNA. One of my all time favourites, and live it is incredible. Always thought it should've been the single from Kid A - perfect mix of both the weird elements of the album but still an upbeat banger of sorts. And the free jazz outro is brilliant - y'all are bonkers.

With Hunting Bears outro please, despite that list by @JSmurphy 

TNA always has the best light show too.

I've been "working from home" today and listening to Radiohead back to back. Whatever the setlist it will be wonderful. 1997 (20 years ago ! - when Pablo Honey was widely known as "3. Pablo Honey") and 2003 were the two greatest headline sets I've seen by any band at any festival. 

Edited by Robofish

3 minutes ago, Robofish said:

1997 and 2003 were the two greatest headline sets I've seen by any band at any festival. 

Which puts the pressure on this year's headline set even more. Triumph and that's three times they've nailed it - fail (or even just be 'alright') and they've fucked their track record.

Personally though, outside of playing some ludicrously shit setlist I struggle to see what they could do wrong, so forget my negativity - it's gonna be amazing!

I have to say, I wasn't blown away by their set at NOS Alive. Granted that was largely down to the how quiet the sound was, as well as having the flu, but I felt a touch underwhelmed after all the build up. Following Tame Impala's incredible set was tough as well.

I don't think they'll have any of those issues at Glastonbury though. It will all hinge on the setlist and how in to it the crowd ends up being.

44 minutes ago, jparx said:

I have to say, I wasn't blown away by their set at NOS Alive. Granted that was largely down to the how quiet the sound was, as well as having the flu, but I felt a touch underwhelmed after all the build up. Following Tame Impala's incredible set was tough as well.

I don't think they'll have any of those issues at Glastonbury though. It will all hinge on the setlist and how in to it the crowd ends up being.

This almost makes the case for Elbow being sub. 

Aye, can't remember who said it earlier in the thread but I think the biggest criticism you could level at Electioneering is that it probably belongs on The Bends, if it had have appeared on there I think it'd be relatively highly rated. It's only weak in comparison to the rest of the album, but as a standalone track it's fine.

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Don't understand the downright dislike for Electioneering at all. Not their best by a long shot but also far from their worst. Can't say I've ever skipped past it myself either, and occasionally I might even play it twice over if I'm in the mood for some rockin'. 

I think it's perfectly placed on the record. Sometimes a decent song in the right place can really help glue together a record.

And to be honest, the main riff and Jonny's guitar over the chorus is actually pretty awesome.

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think it's perfectly placed on the record. Sometimes a decent song in the right place can really help glue together a record.

And to be honest, the main riff and Jonny's guitar over the chorus is actually pretty awesome.

True. 

But it's like the one person in that perfect group photo on that perfect holiday in Thailand who looks just slightly monged from the night before to the extent that when your mum proudly flicks through your holiday photo album all chuffed at how all her parenting hasn't brought you up to be a hedonistic twat the moment you're out of her sight let's her realise that, yep, you actually are.

Basically, she still loves you but she's let down that you'll never be her 'Let Down'. 

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Aye, can't remember who said it earlier in the thread but I think the biggest criticism you could level at Electioneering is that it probably belongs on The Bends, if it had have appeared on there I think it'd be relatively highly rated. It's only weak in comparison to the rest of the album, but as a standalone track it's fine.

It would be the weakest song on The Bends.  Name one song it would be better than.  Because, I warn you, I'm going to do some typing pointing out how wrong you are.

Unless it's a inverse situation to when I tried to argue that Funeral wasn't one of Arcade Fire's better albums, so I listened to some of the "weak" tracks to make my point and couldn't really find any. 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It would be the weakest song on The Bends.  Name one song it would be better than.  Because, I warn you, I'm going to do some typing pointing out how wrong you are.

Unless it's a inverse situation to when I tried to argue that Funeral wasn't one of Arcade Fire's better albums, so I listened to some of the "weak" tracks to make my point and couldn't really find any. 

Sulk.

Both in the sense that it's my answer and also what I'm suggesting you do now...

Col.-Hans-Landa-Come-At-Me-Bro.gif

6 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Sulk.

Both in the sense that it's my answer and also what I'm suggesting you do now...

Col.-Hans-Landa-Come-At-Me-Bro.gif

No it's not.  It's got a great melody and the arpeggio is doubled on the second verse is just lovely.  

Plus, I still don't know if it's "just like you're dead" or "just like your dad", which amuses me, but whichever lyric is wrong, it's really wrong.

Try again

Edited by stuartbert two hats
removed meme picture. I just couldn't match that gif.