Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Favourite Radiohead Memes:

1. Dancing Thom

2. Radiobread

3. Sad Thom

4. Condescending Wonka congratulating someone for thinking that being a Radiohead fan makes them some kind of savant.

5. Lists satirising lists.

6. Hans Moleman saying "Boo-urns for some" reason.

7. Salt Bae superimposed onto the cover of the My Iron Lung EP

8. Ranking Pablo Honey at #9

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Favourite Radiohead Memes:

1. Dancing Thom

2. Radiobread

3. Sad Thom

4. Condescending Wonka congratulating someone for thinking that being a Radiohead fan makes them some kind of savant.

5. Lists satirising lists.

6. Hans Moleman saying "Boo-urns for some" reason.

7. Salt Bae superimposed onto the cover of the My Iron Lung EP

8. Ranking Pablo Honey at #9

9. Pablo Honey

FTFY xxx

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

I've decided that from AMSP they should play Burn the Witch, Daydreaming, Ful Stop, Identikit and Present Tense. I love Decks Dark but it wasn't that great live in Berlin and I think 5 from the album is enough (can't see any of the 5 I mentioned missing out). Not a fan of Ful Stop (or Identikit really) on record but it's amazing live.

Now, we all know they need to bin off that opening run of AMSP tracks (though I think they may stick with it, annoyingly).

Instead, I propose an opening salvo of Burn the Witch > The Bends > There There > 2+2=5 to get us off with a bang.

After this they'll chuck in something to slow the pace down a bit. Take your pick from Daydreaming, Let Down, No Surprises, Nude or How to Disappear Completely. I'll go Daydreaming here as they'll probably want to chuck in another AMSP song early on as, y'know, they are touring AMSP.

Main set closes with Street Spirit.

First encore opens with Everything in its Right Place and closes with Paranoid Android (it's a 5 song encore, the other 3 songs come from Nude, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, Let Down, How to Disappear Completely, Present Tense, Pyramid Song).

Second encore is Creep and Karma Police.

They also have to play Fake Plastic Trees (plus the usual suspects that make the cut for 99% of shows).

When I'm home I'll flesh this out into a full setlist. Haven't opened this thread in ages and I've been hit by withdrawal symptoms.

At Glastonbury they need to hit us with all the hits. In Manchester they can hit us with the obscurities (although I'm taking my dad who'll probably be confused into a coma if they play anything that isn't No Surprises).

Put together all the essential songs and ended up with 25 (I'm predicting a 24 song setlist, same as we got in Berlin). Was a difficult decision on whether to cut Pyramid Song or No Surprises, but I realised I'm literally only predicting Pyramid Song because of the Pyramid reference, and they didn't play it in 2003 so why would that matter now? I'm not a big fan of No Surprises but it'll undoubtedly go down better than 90% of the setlist with the Pyramid crowd.

Anyway, here is my definitive 24 song setlist for Radiohead's Pyramid headline slot on Friday 23rd June 2017 (goosebumps).

1. Burn the Witch
2. The Bends
3. There There
4. 2+2=5
5. Daydreaming
6. Lotus Flower
7. Reckoner
8. No Surprises
9. The National Anthem
10. Ful Stop
11. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
12. Identikit
13. How to Disappear Completely
14. Idioteque
15. Bodysnatchers
16. Fake Plastic Trees
17. Street Spirit

Encore:
18. Everything in its Right Place
19. Let Down
20. Nude
21. Present Tense
22. Paranoid Android

Encore 2:
23. Creep
24. Karma Police

I was gonna try an sneak Just in there if I had space but it wasn't worth cutting any of these songs out for and I highly doubt it'll get an airing. At least The Bends and Fake Plastic Trees have been played recently (and they're better).

Edit: Then 12 days later in Manchester they can start pulling out the likes of My Iron Lung, Exit Music, Lucky, Climbing up the Walls, Optimistic, You and Whose Army, Pyramid Song, A Wolf at the Door, Myxomatosis, All I Need, Bloom, Separator, True Love Waits, Talk Show Host.

God I wanna see Radiohead now.
Edited by Will-2609
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Il be gutted missing them play creep, but I'm not going to stage there through 23 sings just on the off chance they play a song they don't normally play, which is really the only one I know or care for . 

Played it at the majority of their festival shows last year, I think.

Edit: But aye, even then there's no point standing through a set you wouldn't enjoy just for that song.

Edited by Will-2609

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Tbh I think the fact they've already closed with it twice headlining Glasto is a reason why they won't do it again this year. They're not ones for looking back and I don't think they'll wanna repeat the same thing again, especially when they never close with it these days.

They also finished with it when they did their secret set, and I think Thom finished with it when he did his solo set with Jonny. That's what makes me think it's become a thing for them.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

They also finished with it when they did their secret set, and I think Thom finished with it when he did his solo set with Jonny. That's what makes me think it's become a thing for them.

Ahh right. I was always under the impression they closed that Park set with Karma Police, the way everyone goes on about the Karma Police singalong that followed the set (unless they meant before they came back on for the encore).

9 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Ahh right. I was always under the impression they closed that Park set with Karma Police, the way everyone goes on about the Karma Police singalong that followed the set (unless they meant before they came back on for the encore).

I completely understand what you mean. I thought that as well until someone (Russy?) mentioned they have closed with Street Spirit every time bar 1994.

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Put together all the essential songs and ended up with 25 (I'm predicting a 24 song setlist, same as we got in Berlin). Was a difficult decision on whether to cut Pyramid Song or No Surprises, but I realised I'm literally only predicting Pyramid Song because of the Pyramid reference, and they didn't play it in 2003 so why would that matter now? I'm not a big fan of No Surprises but it'll undoubtedly go down better than 90% of the setlist with the Pyramid crowd.

Anyway, here is my definitive 24 song setlist for Radiohead's Pyramid headline slot on Friday 23rd June 2017 (goosebumps).

1. Burn the Witch
2. The Bends
3. There There
4. 2+2=5
5. Daydreaming
6. Lotus Flower
7. Reckoner
8. No Surprises
9. The National Anthem
10. Ful Stop
11. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
12. Identikit
14. Idioteque
15. Bodysnatchers
16. Fake Plastic Trees
17. Street Spirit

Encore:
19. Let Down
20. Nude
21. Present Tense
22. Paranoid Android

Encore 2:
23. Creep
24. Karma Police

I was gonna try an sneak Just in there if I had space but it wasn't worth cutting any of these songs out for and I highly doubt it'll get an airing. At least The Bends and Fake Plastic Trees have been played recently (and they're better).

Edit: Then 12 days later in Manchester they can start pulling out the likes of My Iron Lung, Exit Music, Lucky, Climbing up the Walls, Optimistic, You and Whose Army, Pyramid Song, A Wolf at the Door, Myxomatosis, All I Need, Bloom, Separator, True Love Waits, Talk Show Host.

You've got Fake Plastic Trees, Let Down, Idioteque, Creep and There There in there, you can have my gingerbread m'lad. Superb, crowd pleasing set there.

If they don't play Pyramid Song I'll be a bit devestated. That's the number one song I want them to play, and the fact they didn't play in 2003 means it has to be played. And to be honest, it has little if anything to do with the song title. It's a masterpiece.

3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

1. Burn the Witch
2. The Bends
3. There There
4. 2+2=5
5. Daydreaming
6. Lotus Flower
7. Reckoner
8. No Surprises
9. The National Anthem
10. Ful Stop
11. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
12. Identikit
14. Idioteque
15. Bodysnatchers
16. Fake Plastic Trees
17. Street Spirit

Encore:
19. Let Down
20. Nude
21. Present Tense
22. Paranoid Android

Encore 2:
23. Creep
24. Karma Police

Nicely done. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be the closest any of us have gotten to what we will actually be seeing in June. Having said that, I still think we will get at least one slightly-left-field song (fingers crossed for Kid A).

2 minutes ago, Time Being said:

Nicely done. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be the closest any of us have gotten to what we will actually be seeing in June. Having said that, I still think we will get at least one slightly-left-field song (fingers crossed for Kid A).

It'll be The Gloaming and Bloom to piss everyone off. Not really leftfield in terms of how often they're played but they're not exactly crowd-friendly songs.

Fairly sure Bloom will be played anyway, definitely more likely than The Bends imo.

16 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

It'll be The Gloaming and Bloom to piss everyone off. Not really leftfield in terms of how often they're played but they're not exactly crowd-friendly songs.

Fairly sure Bloom will be played anyway, definitely more likely than The Bends imo.

I could definitely see Bloom being played, they seem to like it. Luckily I do too :)

1 minute ago, Time Being said:

I could definitely see Bloom being played, they seem to like it. Luckily I do too :)

Yeah I like it too, there are just other tracks that will go down much better with a Pyramid crowd. I hope they leave it out and decide Lotus Flower is enough from TKOL for a Glasto headline set. Happy for it to return for the arena shows. In fact the TKOL material was the best stuff the first time I saw them in 2012, it just isn't ideal for a festival headline slot where a lot of the crowd will be casuals.

Wonderful setlist there Will. Only need to swap a few out and I'd have my near-dream setlist.

3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

1. Just
2. The Bends
3. There There
4. Where I End And You Begin
5. Daydreaming
6. Lotus Flower
7. Reckoner
8. No Surprises
9. Knives Out
10. Ful Stop
11. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi