Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

8 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Ah get off your soap box. They aren't doing a private gig for Netanyahu and his cronies. There are normal Radiohead fans in Israel just like us. What you say about the regime is true but should those fans be derprived of the chance to see Radiohead live just because of the actions of their government? That doesn't sound right to me.

Yes, whilst this has even a slight potential to bring profit to the government, how big or how small that may be, the band should be refusing to play there as a means of showing how unacceptable their actions are.

They should be very willing to sacrifice the entertainment of some Israeli fans to send a message that the murdering cowards who are governing them are also the ones at the heart of the illegal settlements and the blood thirsty massacres 

Bands like Radiohead making a stance against a sickeningly corrupt regime send a big message also, instead of letting their pockets talk 

On 03/02/2017 at 1:39 PM, Alan_C said:

I don't even think the support has much to do with it to be honest. There will be plenty of people buying tickets for a whole day event, but with tickets at £65 each, it can be looked at as a Radiohead gig, with all day support really. Obviously if the support was really strong it would help, but you are paying less for this ticket, than for a ticket for an actual Radiohead gig.

Not sure if it's related but a few of the older Radiohead fans I've spoke to are a bit apprehensive about going due to the festival's similarities to Gig on the Green which had a bit of a bad rep.

7 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Yes, whilst this has even a slight potential to bring profit to the government, how big or how small that may be, the band should be refusing to play there as a means of showing how unacceptable their actions are.

They should be very willing to sacrifice the entertainment of some Israeli fans to send a message that the murdering cowards who are governing them are also the ones at the heart of the illegal settlements and the blood thirsty massacres 

Bands like Radiohead making a stance against a sickeningly corrupt regime send a big message also, instead of letting their pockets talk 

Apologies if it's already been mentioned.. Jonny Greenwood's missus is Israeli and I believe his kids all have Israeli names..

I wonder if they're doing their buddy a favour.. they certainly won't be lining their pockets. If money was their bag, they'd add another 60 gigs to their US tour and sell out.

Funny how things pan out.. Lady gaga plays the Super Bowl and she's a hero. Radiohead play Israel and they're Evil.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Whose land are the USA - or, indeed, the NFL - occupying?

The Native Americans? Mezhyp1 called the Israeli Govnt a 'sickeningly corrupt regime' (which I don't deny), but the USA (especially Trump) wholeheartedly support them and indeed their foreign, and now domestic, policy are an affront to many people world-wide.

14 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Should they boycott the USA too?

Don't get me wrong, i couldn't be more against the USAs backing of Israel and their denial of invasion of Palestinian territories, but boycotting America for ultimatley the actions of the israeli government isn't ever going to be something they are reasonably going to do

Boycotting gigs in israel, like Roger Waters has done, is an act of solidarity 

Edited by Mezhyp1

11 hours ago, nikkic said:

Haven't done one of these before, now felt like a good time (to break the political chat). 

1. In Rainbows

2. OK Computer

3. Kid A 

4. Hail to The Thief

5. A Moon Shaped Pool

6. The Bends

7. King of Limbs

8. Amnesiac

9. Pablo Honey

I know you're new to this but the general unspoken* rule is that it goes...

8. The King of Limbs
9. Pablo Honey

...with no exceptions. Them's just the rules. The rest of the list may be ordered how you wish.

* maybe not unspoken. In fact, it's spoken about almost constantly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I know you're new to this but the general unspoken* rule is that it goes...

8. The King of Limbs
9. Pablo Honey

...with no exceptions. Them's just the rules. The rest of the list may be ordered how you wish.

* maybe not unspoken. In fact, it's spoken about almost constantly.

Noted. Apologies. I did of course know that 9. Pablo Honey was a given, I didn't realise that the 8th spot was also permanently occupied. 

In in my defence, positions 1-6 are correct beyond all reasonable doubt*.

*This is entirely untrue and thus up for debate forever more. 

39 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Couldn't have HTTT that far down, yes it's too long and overly-indulgent in parts but it has some absolute bangers on there. Straight fight between that and The Bends for 5th place for me.

Yep, I've recently jumped on board with this argument. My argument against HTTT was always the highs are incredible but the lows are pretty low, but after going back to it a lot recently the low points really aren't that bad. 

• Upvote 1

It's my 4th Glasto this year but i've never actually had a Pyramid headline show I cared about enough to try and get in the thick of it. I generally try to avoid seeing 2 acts back to back on the same stage but I would for radiohead if that's what it took. So, for a shot at being right up front without rudely charging my way through a tight packed crowd, when's the latest I could turn up? :)