Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

34 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

This is a set they could potentially play in a 2 hour set, which I feel they should probably get.

1. Pyramid Song

2. The National Anthem

3. Burn the Witch

4. There There

5. Daydreaming

6. Ful Stop

7. 2+2=5

8. The Gloaming

9. No Surprises

10. Lotus Flower

11. Identikit

12. Weird Fishes

13. The Numbers

14. Reckoner

15. Everything in its Right Place

16. Idioteque

17. Bodysnatchers

18. Paranoid Android

19. Nude

20. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

21. Bloom

22. Present Tense

23. Karma Police

Thought starting with Pyramid Song would be brilliant

Starting with Pyramid Song would be all sorts of incredible. I just can't see it happening though. They'll want to come out to a few proper bangers. A band like Radiohead could easily lose the crowd early on so I think something like Burn the Witch > Airbag > There There could be on the cards.

56 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Talking of which, who has seen a festival non-headliner get a genuine encore?

Doesn't count if they're the virtual headliner, but have chosen not to play last!

I can only think of one - tUnE-yArDs, early evening at Green Man in 2012. They (she) was so good, and so well received, that crowd chanting resulted in an unplanned/anticipated encore!

:)

Ben

Nick cave in 2013

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - sound wasn't so hot, struggled to connect with the crowd a bit.  It wasn't awful by any means, but I wouldn't have called it a triumph either.

The sound seemed to be a real problem for WH that year. Was there for Wailers-Bonobo-Disclosure on the Sunday and none of them sounded great. 

Edited by Winslow Leach

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Define genuine encore?

I've seen plenty of festival gigs where they do the "leave the stage for a bit then come back for 2 more songs (that were on the set-list anyway" thing. Lianne La Havas did it last Saturday at the REC festival in Rotterdam, for instance, including the "I'm being told there's time for 2 more songs!" bit.

Just having a play around on Spotify coming up with potential setlists. I think this one is pretty decent. I know it's missing Creep and No Surprises :P I think it'd be really fun if they start with something a bit different, and if they go from Burn the Witch to the first two tracks of OK Computer the field would go ape.

1.    Burn the Witch
2.    Airbag
3.    Paranoid Android
4.    There, There
5.    Daydreaming
6.    Ful Stop
7.    Pyramid Song
8.    How to Disappear Completely
9.    The Bends
10.    Lotus Flower
11.    Like Spinning Plates
12.    Identikit
13.    Reckoner
14.    Myxomatosis
15.    Everything in its Right Place
16.    Idioteque
17.    Street Spirit
Encore
18.    Let Down
19.    Present Tense
20.    Fake Plastic Trees
21.    Weird Fishes
22.    2+2=5
Encore 2
23.    Just
24.    Karma Police

If I was in Radiohead, I would argue strongly against Daydreaming being in the set for Glastonbury. I have a feeling though that Thom in particular really loves that song and I think he'd like to do it at Glastonbury, more to see if it's possible to hold the interest of the crowd than anything else. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

If I was in Radiohead, I would argue strongly against Daydreaming being in the set for Glastonbury. I have a feeling though that Thom in particular really loves that song and I think he'd like to do it at Glastonbury, more to see if it's possible to hold the interest of the crowd than anything else. 

I like you jparx. I like you a lot. But if you were in Radiohead you would do exactly what Thom wanted to and told you to do because YOU ARE IN FUCKING RADIOHEAD!

Don't be greedy. ;-)

Edited by Woffy

2 hours ago, Woffy said:

I like you jparx. I like you a lot. But if you were in Radiohead you would do exactly what Thom wanted to and told you to do because YOU ARE IN FUCKING RADIOHEAD!

Don't be greedy. ;-)

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me :cry:

11 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Doesn't count if they're the virtual headliner, but have chosen not to play last!

I can only think of one - tUnE-yArDs, early evening at Green Man in 2012. They (she) was so good, and so well received, that crowd chanting resulted in an unplanned/anticipated encore!

:)

Ben

10 hours ago, russycarps said:

Nick cave in 2013

Aye I wasn't at Glasto that year but he played 3rd down the main stage at Rock Werchter (before Volbeat of all people) and played a 1h30 set with an encore (wasn't billed as anything other than a standard 3rd down act, though). He was fucking incredible, too.

Also Jack White did an encore of Ball and Biscuit and Seven Nation Army at Glasto in 2014; though I'm not sure he knew what he was even doing at the time.

15 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Did you good folk enjoy the orchestral arrangements of Fake Plastic Trees and Motion Picture Soundtrack in this weeks episode of Westworld?

Sure did. 3 Radiohead tunes in 6 episodes. I reckon they don't mind Thom and the Lads.

• Downvote 1