Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

27 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

Very close to my hopes. As many from Kid A as possible is my main hope though...  I'd swap Airbag or Lucky for No Suprises and possibly Nude for Bodysnatchers. 

I think their comments about enjoying playing No Surprises live at the moment means it's a stick on, and Bodysnatchers will be banging live.

49 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

aye but it's much more time consuming and fun to analyse the hell out of every song they will or won't play for barely significant reasons in the next seven month lead up to the festival

Oh of course. I say this only as an opening gambit in my analysis, not to shut down debate and speculation.  Now what might they feel like come 2017? What will they be sick of? What will they be ready to play again?

The great, but annoying bit about the band is they do it for themselves. We're just along for the ride.

Kid A (the track) was one of the many highlights of the Roundhouse show I went to for me. The rhythm cam alive with their live percussion set up, that's not to say it would work well on the pyramid though.

From my experience of them on this tour, they'd be best off going for Exit Music over No Surprises. I think Exit Music was pretty much a highlight for the whole crowd at NOS - well, everyone I've spoken to about it anyway. 

It'll be really interesting to see where they go with this setlist. I wonder if we'll see the likes of Talk Show Host in there? Seems like a strange choice, but the amount of people who knew every word at NOS was astonishing.

4 minutes ago, CHRLY said:

It'll be really interesting to see where they go with this setlist. I wonder if we'll see the likes of Talk Show Host in there? Seems like a strange choice, but the amount of people who knew every word at NOS was astonishing.

played Talk Show Host in 2003 didn't they? with such a large catalogue of album tracks at their expense now i can't see them playing any songs of that ilk - they'll struggle to fit in enough big songs as it is without going down that route, although as has been said, i guess with Radiohead you never know. guess i better familiarise myself more with the non-album tracks before these shows next year as some of em will undoubtedly get an airing at some point

8 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

played Talk Show Host in 2003 didn't they? with such a large catalogue of album tracks at their expense now i can't see them playing any songs of that ilk - they'll struggle to fit in enough big songs as it is without going down that route, although as has been said, i guess with Radiohead you never know. guess i better familiarise myself more with the non-album tracks before these shows next year as some of em will undoubtedly get an airing at some point

It would be weird beyond words if Talk Show Host was played again, would make it 3 out of 3 Glastonbury headline shows over 20 years that it made the setlist.

10 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I think their comments about enjoying playing No Surprises live at the moment means it's a stick on, and Bodysnatchers will be banging live.

I dunno about being nailed on. Very few songs are these days. The comments were made in the context that it seemed to click with them this year, in contrast to the last couple of tours when it didn't get played at all. Even with the comments in mind it was only played every 2 or 3 shows this year I think?

3 minutes ago, ericlered said:

I dunno about being nailed on. Very few songs are these days. The comments were made in the context that it seemed to click with them this year, in contrast to the last couple of tours when it didn't get played at all. Even with the comments in mind it was only played every 2 or 3 shows this year I think?

yeah it's hardly been a live staple and i'd be surprised to see it get another Pyramid outing when they've got as many albums and other songs to pick and choose from now. even though i think they'll both get played even Paranoid Android and Karma Police can't be considered nailed on this time 'round

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah it's hardly been a live staple and i'd be surprised to see it get another Pyramid outing when they've got as many albums and other songs to pick and choose from now. even though i think they'll both get played even Paranoid Android and Karma Police can't be considered nailed on this time 'round

I'd be quite happy if PA and KP didn't make the cut this time around.

SHA, Let Down and either Exit Music/Lucky for me from OKC.

(Climbing Up The Walls would be amazing, if only Thom could nail the vocals.... 50/50 chance on that one)

Edited by ericlered

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

I don't like the song "Kid A". There. I said it.

i wish i was old enough to have been there in 2000 when the album was released and seen people's reactions to the album as it opens with the fairly downtempo and like nothing we've heard from Radiohead EIIRP and then in comes this truly bizarre song as a follow up :lol: people must've been losing it by that point

11 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Despite having seen both played at the Roundhouse gig, I'd be entirely happy to hear them again on the Pyramid. Bodysnatchers was a brilliant, rocking encore opener and, despite an argument for its overexposure, No Surprises remains, for me, one of their finest ever moments. That final glissando through "...such a pretty house and such a pretty garden..." is spine tingling. It's right up there for me with the heavy bass and chords in Exit Music when everything ramps up with "You can laugh, a spineless laugh...", that pair of moments being a microcosm of how good OKC is.

:)

Ben

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i wish i was old enough to have been there in 2000 when the album was released and seen people's reactions to the album as it opens with the fairly downtempo and like nothing we've heard from Radiohead EIIRP and then in comes this truly bizarre song as a follow up :lol: people must've been losing it by that point

There was confusion in the air, it's true.

EDIT - hang on, that was 16 years ago!  What the hell do you mean "old enough"?! :blink:

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I know, I've thought the same before! I wasn't into them in 2000, I was 14 and thought only Green Day and Stereophonics existed! Kid A has never ever done anything for me. I love the album, it's just that crazy-assed track. HTDC however, still makes the hairs on my neck and arms stand up whenever I hear it!