Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

surely all the standing tickets going in what is essentially a secret sale a couple of days before the main advertised sale would be considered unfair? Not everybody would be signed up to Waste and be aware of the presale, even some huge fans

But is this not Radioheads way of "rewarding" Radiohead fans? Allowing them the opportunity to get tickets before others. Thus making it fairer for them? Its not as if bretredmayne was not aware of this sale, they were just unlucky with timing. Seemingly Radiohead believe it fair to give their fans more of a chance of getting tickets. And to be fair I also think that bands/artists are well within their rights to offer tickets to their "hardcore" before the general public, no? 

The unfortunate thing for bretredmayne was that their boss called them into a meeting during the sale. Whos not to say something like that could happen again tomorrow? 

Edited by ThomThomDrum

1 minute ago, ThomThomDrum said:

But is this not Radioheads way of "rewarding" Radiohead fans? Allowing them the opportunity to get tickets before others. Thus making it fairer for them? Its not as if bretredmayne was not aware of this sale, they were just unlucky with timing. Seemingly Radiohead believe it fair to give their fans more of a chance of getting tickets. And to be fair I also think that bands/artists are well within their rights to offer tickets to their "hardcore" before the general public, no? 

The unfortunate thing for bretredmayne was that their boss call them into a meeting during the sale. Whos not to say something like that could happen again tomorrow? 

I've put in for a late start tomorrow to get them which wasn't possible Wednesday . 

I've never heard of a band selling all the standing tickets in a presale but guess it looks like this is the first 

3 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

The unfortunate thing for bretredmayne was that their boss called them into a meeting during the sale. Whos not to say something like that could happen again tomorrow? 

Yeah I'd considered this and in a way it's a good way to reward the dedicated fans, but it still seems awfully unfair and I'm sure there must be some standing tickets left for tomorrow. If not can imagine their social media will be full of pissed off fans for not being notified earlier

9 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I've put in for a late start tomorrow to get them which wasn't possible Wednesday . 

I've never heard of a band selling all the standing tickets in a presale but guess it looks like this is the first 

Very odd indeed. I've never heard of it happening before. Anyone know what the standing capacity is? 5,000? 10,000? Times that by two and they must have sold a shed load of tickets on presale, as seats were also sold on presale...

I got standing tickets for the Tuesday, and was sort of toying with the idea of going for Wednesday tomorrow, my reasoning being that I may as well if I'm traveling all the way up to Manchester. But I dunno if I'll bother if it is just seats. Plus I shouldn't anyway, so... 

39 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

6music are playing it again.

The Friday at next year's Glastonbury Festival should be called Miserable Friday,

I'm assuming they are playing Present Tense. It's hardly their cheeriest song, even by Radiohead's standards!

That's mental if all the standing tickets are gone. I can't support that at all. I'm already on the fence with presales and that would tip me over the edge!

Fuuuuuck!

Spent the past few days held up with work and only just saw the news regarding standing tickets for the manc shows!

Anybody know for sure whether any will go on sale anywhere tomorrow morning or not?

EDIT: Just got this response from Eventim

"Until the show goes on sale tomorrow there is no definite, however at the moment our system is advising us that there should be standing tomorrow. This will be a named event so please be careful when you make the booking."

Edited by Aiden
Updated info

I see tickets are available now on viagogo for 220.00. They appear to be selling fast and they have helpfuly put up the following advice: top tip buy now before they sell out. 

If these are genuine sales I guess even real Radiohead fans have their price. Thanks WASTE. Thank goodness the pre-inflated ticket prices have stopped the touts. 

38 minutes ago, glastobuds said:

I see tickets are available now on viagogo for 220.00. They appear to be selling fast and they have helpfuly put up the following advice: top tip buy now before they sell out. 

If these are genuine sales I guess even real Radiohead fans have their price. Thanks WASTE. Thank goodness the pre-inflated ticket prices have stopped the touts. 

Won't be getting in though as won't have the lead bookers ID

1 minute ago, Lubic87 said:

3 friends have finally committed to going, and I've just seen there will be no standing tickets available tomorrow. Gutted. Would have made more of an effort yesterday of I'd known.

It's not a sure thing. Someone posted above that Eventim reckon they'll have them, and the latest word from See is they're 'awaiting confirmation'

11 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Lead bookers may be selling their extra tickets and walking in with the buyers.

Correct, just like happened with the Roundhouse gigs last year. But at least you could only buy 2 for those gigs spread over the 3 nights. This time it was 4 per show, so lots of scope for professional & casual touts alike.